Huya Vy's Palace and Stronghold

[Day 6 - Late Morning] Royal Reception

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 am

Looming over the city the Black Palace was an indomitable structure. Chase is given directions on where to land the transport and when she lands she finds a large landing area in the middle of a lush garden with security entourage and the woman they were here to see in a long flowing gown of many layers.

OOC: After this slot they can explore the city for a bit until the luncheon in the Late Afternoon at the Black Palace.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 6 - Late Morning] Royal Reception

Postby Huya Vy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:00 am

Huya enjoyed the pageantry it made her feel even more important than she already was. The Mandalorians had spared her city due to her negotiations and a liberal usage of credits. It was a hit to her bottom line but it kept her somewhat independent as long as she provided credits and supplies.

Now she was prospering, but the situation was shifting on Bankor and she was a businesswoman who was ready to shift with it.
Commander | Togruta | Crime Boss | Vicious | Leader | Overlord of Garig Port Town
Huya Vy

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:47 am

Delmi steps off of the transport slowly, staying close to their charge as she keeps a watch out vigilantly.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:38 am

Aboard the craft Chase still worked through the final checks after landing, making sure the ship was whole and preparing it for some alone time. "Alright T, I'd leave you to watch the ship but... honestly, I've got a bad feelin' so how you feel like tagging with?" T7-B8 beeped quizzically and then, after a moment, beeped happily twice!

"Right on."
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:49 am

Layne stepped off, quiet and in the background, just waiting to see which ways the wind blows.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Senator Saresh walked down the ramp towards the queen and they exchanged quiet pleasantries before the Queen of Garig Port Town greeted the rest of them. Sarehs’s aid, the kaminoan waited quietly though observant.
Dapper Dog

Postby Huya Vy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:22 pm

“I was just telling my people that it is a damn shame that the Republic had not gotten here sooner but we are so damn pleased to have you here now. The Mandalorians have been bad for business, I mean I benefited, but overall just bad,” she said with a smile.

“This way, yeah… this is one of my gardens. I like to keep it natural around here, stylish and classy. So go on, introduce yourselves. Oh, I am of course Huya Vy, they call me a queen, I am just a business woman looking out for the little girl,” she said with a laugh.

“Legitimate business woman.”
Commander | Togruta | Crime Boss | Vicious | Leader | Overlord of Garig Port Town
Huya Vy

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Seeing that at that moment she was closest to their host, Delmi offered a simple introduction first, “Delmi Koor, private contractor.”
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 pm

"Layne Hoshin," she said when it was her turn, "Jedi."

She'd been told, of course, to be subtle with the lightsaber. But she also figured that omitting such a fact when introducing herself to the host might be seen as an insult.

Besides, it wasn't like anyone with half a brain-cell couldn't figure it out by themselves. She didn't have to flaunt it, but she couldn't exactly hide it either.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Seeing to the final bits of prep on the transport Chase made her way just to the exit of the craft, leaning in the opening. From there she looked out ward the meeting. It was the usual, so far.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Huya Vy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:10 am

Layne Hoshin wrote:"Layne Hoshin," she said when it was her turn, "Jedi."

She'd been told, of course, to be subtle with the lightsaber. But she also figured that omitting such a fact when introducing herself to the host might be seen as an insult.

Besides, it wasn't like anyone with half a brain-cell couldn't figure it out by themselves. She didn't have to flaunt it, but she couldn't exactly hide it either.

“A Jedi?” Huya said focusing her attentions on Layne.

“We are pleased to receive you; I hope your stay on Bankor has been pleasant. As you can see the war has not touched my city, the people live in prosperity and peace.”
Huya Vy

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 am

"Pleasant is not the word I'd use," Layne attempted to use some of that diplomatic language she'd heard others use, "but that is no fault of the planet or its citizens. I'll have to take the opportunity to visit a Bankor city where the buildings and people haven't suffered severe blaster damage."

I wonder just how she's managed that

"Its people are sure to be grateful."

Or scared regardless

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Huya Vy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:25 am

“You know we have some of the oldest architecture on the continent built in the classic styles emulating the coastal cities of Alderaan. We value our history here, master Jedi. If you get a chance to see the city, I would advise you to go the Golden Promenade, a beautiful location under the sea,” she said warmly.
Huya Vy

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:29 am

"Sounds impressive, I'll have to see if I can find my way."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 am

"What's the main export of the city? How's it kept its luster for so long?" Delmi asked as she looked around and walked.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Huya Vy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:52 am

Delmi Koor wrote:"What's the main export of the city? How's it kept its luster for so long?" Delmi asked as she looked around and walked.

“We work in trade this is the largest port in the region if not the continent and goods come here to be moved across land and water routes. I get a cut of all that business, and in turn we keep the Mandalorians happy. Business has been good, but it could be better,” she said with a smile.

“Hoping the Republic has a better offer.”
Huya Vy

Postby Chase » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:32 am

Meanwhile, Chase moved about the ship in an effort to find whoever was gonna be the lucky guy to be put in charge of seeing her tended to. Aiming to give some number of instructions for what, and how it should be done.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:39 am

The ground crew are waiting for Chase.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Layne figured it had to be something like that.

"Mandalorians don't think in term of long-term investments," she said. "They don't exactly excel at long term stability."

And when you don't have a deal with the Republic, and the Mandalorians move on to leave you hanging... well...

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Huya Vy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:44 pm

“My thoughts exactly, you can see why I am glad to work with the Republic, master Jedi,” she replied with a smile.
Huya Vy

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:48 pm

"I'm sure," she said.

Layne harbored no illusions about the Republic's willingness to make deals with criminals when necessary.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:27 am

Delmi walked along slowly with the group. There were obvious questions to be asked about what the woman wanted, and to what extent the laws of the Republic would be able to reach the people here, but it was neither Delmi’s place or the appropriate time to ask.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 am

"Guess you guys don't see a lotta work around these parts? Can't be everyday you have... visitors," Chase said as she and the crew got closer to no one in particular.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 am

Chase wrote:"Guess you guys don't see a lotta work around these parts? Can't be everyday you have... visitors," Chase said as she and the crew got closer to no one in particular.

One of the crew shrugs looking around and said, “We get by, and the pay is decent.”

“Don’t worry we will take good care of your ship.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 am

"Better, else I know where to find ya," Chase said in a lighthearted manner, a light grin followed shortly. It was... a little different with a craft that she could hardly call her own. Other mechanics could mess with it all they wanted.
Info - Theme
Chase

Next
Forum Statistics