Re: I fear no evil [D8, MM]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:40 am

Why do I keep surrounding myself with these stupid, stupid people?

She sighed. "Okay I kind of lied. There was an explosion out in the jungle. We might be getting some undesirable company soon."

Get the hint Lunda. Don't trust her.

"If you're going to stay there, keep a close eye on the doctor. Keep her safe."

GET THE FUCKING HINT LUNDA

She closed the link and looked at her companions.

"Alright, so, what do we do? If we go check out the backup team, whatever trouble they've got over there will probably be over or gone by the time we get there. And if that trouble is heading our way... well, maybe we'd stand a better chance inside rather than all exposed out here."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:16 pm

“You lied? Why didn’t you lead with the explosion? You know what… we are fine… I am not going to let this place seed me with paranoia, we will be fine. I got this, the Doctor is in good hands,” Lunda replied a bit shaken by the deception and the news.
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Layne tapped her foot, answering her own question even before anyone could answer it.

"I'm going inside. I'm going to get whatever's inside there, and then I'm going to destroy it so that whoever or whatever's out there causing shit to explode can't get their hands on it. You guys can either check up on our backup, stay out here, or come along."

And then Layne turned and headed inside the main structure.

Roll the dice.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Inside she found more overgrowth over computer systems and it was all in a very poor state. Whateevr seals were in place must have failed long ago and now it was a mess of emaciated vines, moss and fuingi… she found what looked like a central computer system.

A Holo-image was blinking in and out with static and it seemed to be trying to say something but it was stuck in some loop. The system itself had a monitor that was cracked but the words in Basic seem to imply failing power and corrupted indices.

OOC: Computer at Hard with two setback to fix the Holo-image or Computers at Daunting to get the data off the indices to go through later, also with two setback; only enough power for one or the other. Will Flip Destiny for this check. Use Session 4.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Baesal approached the computers to check them over

''These have seen better days for certain'' she frowned ''We can try to download the data or inspect it now but not both.''

She looked at Layne.

''Downloading it might prove better in the long run but it could get copied or stolen. If we check it now then only we shall know but it could be misremembered and the notes stolen as well. Your call''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:45 pm

“There are three of us here. The danger of misremembering should not be too great between us, and the Council will trust the witness of three Jedi. Others may ask for more proof, though, if we need to take this beyond the Order.” Tethys ticks through her train of thought meticulously, then looks from Baes to Layne.

((Say, is a datapad or Layne’s surveillance droid capable of making an audio and/or visual recording?))
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Layne, seeing where Tethys was going, recalled the cam droid. Which she totally hadn't forgotten about. In any case, it should be able to record the proceedings.

"What guarantee is there the data won't be corrupted if you download it?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 pm

''None'' she admits

''So we activate it?''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:31 pm

"Fine, do it." She nodded.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:35 pm

“You have more experience with this kind of thing, but I can assist you,” Tethys puts in.

((Baes is undoubtedly more skilled but I’ll throw a boost in. ))
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:51 pm

She nodded and got her datapad out

''Allright, just keep watch on the monitor and update me on the numbers'' she said, tapping a few things on the keyboard to set it up before going to town with the old device

dark temple computer, precision tools to negate setback, Zash's, assist, destiny, upgraded: 1eA+3eP+3eD+2eB+1eC 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(OOC: I have a fusion lantern, can I use it to power the computer?)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:41 am

OOC: The system is too corroded it is barely working as is, it's not just a lack of power but severely corrupted systems.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:05 am

An image appeared of a true blood Sith speaking, though the message is degraded, “My lord, we have delivered the required… It will be some time before we can resupply you with more, not without alerting the Republic or colonists. In the interim we shall wait for you return… there is no pressing… pressing… matters for you to deal with.”

“There are concerns that these… these… these… frequent disappearances will begin to shake the faith of Dark Council. Your Wrath will sway… sway… them other… It is imperative we begin the next phase of the plan. The forces are building, we have enough reserve to make the strike on… on… Coruscant will burn, the Jedi temple destroyed, we have no direction after… after… is this?”

The image goes to static and then continued, “Voss has proven a failure… failure, still important to the plan? We shall be prepared for your return and guidance my Emperor. When… when… Yavin IV is ready…”

Then it ends and the systems go inert with the distinct whiff of ozone and burnt electroics.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:14 am

"That's it?" Layne was clearly not satisfied.

"I don't understand. I thought this place was long abandoned, but it sounds like it's talking about stuff that's still to happen."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:28 am

“It would be too much to hope either of you two recognized him, I suppose,” Tethys says, gesturing at the space where the image had appeared. “None of those names means anything to me—Voss, Yavin. I could tell you knew that Sith outside, but I have not heard of this ‘Wrath’ either... is it a title held by different Masters over the years?”
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:52 am

"I've been to Yavin IV."

She ran through the memories again.

"There was an ancient temple there. Step pyramid, just like this place. Yavin is where the Massassi are from. Where we brought their... queen..."

there was an odd emphasis on that word.

"...into an alliance with the Sith."

Oh we will talk about this, grandma.

Then there were other connections she had to consider for a moment before answering the questions.

"And Voss... Voss is where Darth Baras will either have failed or succeeded to trap the Emperor's Voice. It was where I tricked her into going at his behest, with the lie that there was a great power there that should belong to the Emperor. It seems too much of a coincidence, this has to be recent. Which leaves the question of who this man was talking to... the real Emperor, or his new false Voice."

I'm guessing it might've worked either way...

"As for the Wrath... like I think I said before, he is the Emperor's personal executioner. Probably the most powerful Sith in existence other than the Emperor himself. He could've crushed us in an instant, if he wanted to. I don't know how old he is, but I wouldn't count on him being a recent appointee."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:23 am

"This could be a message transmitted to all sites like this one. It may be some of them are still in use, and in better repair."

Frowning, Tethys prowls around the crumbling room, looking for signs of anything else in here the Wrath might have altered, moved, or taken.

"If there's any possibility that's the case, we need to warn the Council on Coruscant immediately. What would the Emperor be preparing on Yavin? And disappearances... Layne, you said that just preparing for this ritual required sentient sacrifices...."

---
D8--Perception check, anything else here? Hah, right, I'm terrible at this: 2eA 3 successes
ImageImage

Needs a difficulty, to spot anything else of interest... if there's actually anything to notice, that is.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:42 am

"It could be a strikeforce. The Massassi are powerful warriors. And last I remember, the person responsible for overseeing relations between them and the Empire was Darth Vengean, Baras' old master. So either they are preparing to strike at Coruscant, or it's as you say."

She looked around, wondering if there was something still to be found.

Perception, difficulty??: 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImage
((throwing some perception up as well))

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Baesal listened carefully and was busy trying to put the pieces together.

''Yavin IV might not be important for the Massassi...there are old Sith temples on the moon so any one of them could old something of value.''

She scribbled a few things on her pad

''At least now we have a confirmation they will launch an attack on Coruscant and the Jedi Temple''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:32 pm

The Jedi make a cursory search of the room, there are mundane items like bowls filled with stains and lumps of something that may have been relevant at one time but is not just old graying mess. Old rotted traditional weapons, molding texts beyond readable with fungal growth; old tattered banners and rotted unpowered machinery.

If one had to guess this place has not seen anything significant in centuries. Tethys assumption may be correct given the state of the place that message was sent relatively recently.

Lunda called in, “Back at the speeder, I don’t see any explosion? Are you guys heading back?”

OOC: There is little else of value in this structure due to time and overgrowth.

Perception Difficulty: 2#2eD 2 failures, 2 threat 0 successes, 3 threat
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:12 am

Tethys looks at Layne. "Are we done here? I am still concerned about that explosion."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:16 am

"Right," she said with a nod, then very quickly drew her darksaber across the terminal. You know, just in case.

"We're done," were the words that followed, casually, afterwards. "Let's go find Leila."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:25 am

Baesal nodded

''Be on guard''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Assuming they head back, the ride back is quiet as the Doctor reviewed artifacts and Lunda did the driving. Wghen they arrive at the secret location for the backup they find only carnage and a smoking husk that was Lelia’s ship. Her people slaughtered by lightsaber and Lelia minus an arm looking like she was throttled in the end.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:27 pm

"Fuck," she said, after witnessing the carnage and checking for survivors.

"FUCK!"

Description
Layne Hoshin

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics