Re: I fear no evil [D8, MM]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 am

"If you were me, you wouldn't be offering it to *them*," she said, her weapon coming to life.

Vigilance: 3eA 1 success, 3 advantage
ImageImageImage

(2 strain for Sense and Brawn commitment. Shield Remote active. 1 attack a round against Layne is upgraded twice)
Last edited by Layne Hoshin on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:12 pm

A...a dark side entity?

Baesal wondered what they could do against something so...so fundamentally wrong

initiative-vigilance: 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImage

''Beware...this might be a dark side entity'' she called igniting her Shoto and lightshield

Not like the Ionsabe will do anything against it

(commits 1eF to sense, takes two strain for defensive stance twice. Dark Layne's attack are upgraded four times twice. 4 melee defense)
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 pm

OOC: Republic goes first, it is as Short range has Adversary 2 and Melee Defense 2.

Republic
Republic
Republic
Entity
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 pm

"No shit," she said as she rushed forward toward the entity with lit Darksaber in hand.

The *real* Darksaber. Handled by the *real* Layne Hoshin.

There was a brief glance toward where Dr.Raxxla was, the slightest of distractions as she pondered whether she was the true source of what was happening, and then her blade made contact.

Lightsaber/brawn, 2x setback removed (blade of woe, custom grip), 1 setback remaining from fear: 3eP+1eA+2eC+1eS 4 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

14 damage inflicted, 2 advantage generated (Superior, Curved Hilt), cancels threat, 1 maneuver to close to engaged

wounds suffered: 0/17
strain suffered: 3/18
soak: 7
melee defense: 1
Shield remote (will upgrade difficulty on one attack against an ally this turn in exchange for 1 out of 6 wounds) active, sense active (upgrades one attack against Layne per round once)
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Dark Layne is struck but no injury is seen and then a burning slash forms on Layne for the damage she just inflicted! The entity smirked and said, “Enjoy that pain, it is the path to true mastery.”

OOC: Layne sustains the wounds she inflicted.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:04 pm

Tethys frowns as she sweeps up next to Layne, just in time to see the blow she'd struck appear on her own body. Shifting one hand free of her saber, she applies a medical stim to the padawan and then assumes a guard position, casting a look at the entity that says So, what now?

---
Maneuver 1: move to Engaged with Layne
Incidental (military pouch): pull stim
Maneuver 2 (2 Strain): stim Layne
Center of Being incidental for 1 strain (crit rating for attacks against Tethys increased by 1)

Action: what the heck is going on here???
D8 MM--Lore Average, destiny flip from GM and another from me 'cos why not: 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImage

0/14 wounds
3/14 strain
soak 4
defense 2
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Baesal moved forward To place herself between Layne and Fake-Layne

''I don't think hitting it will do us good'' she said

(2 strain to maintain defensive form 4 upgrades and defense 4 vs. Baes)
Maneuver 1: move to engaged with Layne

Strain: 4/13
Wounds 0/13
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys frowns as she sweeps up next to Layne, just in time to see the blow she'd struck appear on her own body. Shifting one hand free of her saber, she applies a medical stim to the padawan and then assumes a guard position, casting a look at the entity that says So, what now?

---
Maneuver 1: move to Engaged with Layne
Incidental (military pouch): pull stim
Maneuver 2 (2 Strain): stim Layne
Center of Being incidental for 1 strain (crit rating for attacks against Tethys increased by 1)

Action: what the heck is going on here???
D8 MM--Lore Average, destiny flip from GM and another from me 'cos why not: 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImage

0/14 wounds
3/14 strain
soak 4
defense 2

Tethys can see that this entity whatever it is a manifestation of the corruption of the vergence and perhaps the work of the Emperor. She knows it could be cleansed but it will come at great sacrifice, perhaps even her life… there is another way… a dark side Force User could draw in these energies but where would opne find such a powerful user…

OOC: If she wishes to Flip a Destiny she could either sacrifice herself or Open Door Evil.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:48 pm

"Layne is right, you're not her at all, are you?" Tethys says, swallowing hard. "You're just a manifestation of this broken place. If it's cleansed... you will be too."

((OOC: incidental to speak on my turn if that's okay? Entity is up, perhaps foolishly waiting to see what it does before deciding.))
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Dark Layne smiled and raised a hand and began choking the life out of the three Jedi as they feel an icy grip around their throats. She laughed and said, “I should have known you were too weak to achieve true Immortality.”

OOC: 1 dark side to activate the damage, 2 Dark side to affect both Tethys and Baesal, all three suffer 3 wounds, soak does not apply. Republic now goes. Use the Advantage to grant Layne a setback die.

Harm - Entity + Destiny Flip vs. Layne: 2eP+2eA+3eD+4eF 1 success, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:29 pm

Layne's hand briefly went to her throat, but she pushed past the past and instead grabbed another stimpack, injecting herself with it as her mind raced to figure out what it was they were facing. A force wound? Something else? What could she do?

"Stop this," she hissed.

Lore, boost from tethys, setback.: 2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

wounds suffered: 8/17
strain suffered: 3/18
soak: 7
melee defense: 1
Shield remote (will upgrade difficulty on one attack against an ally this turn in exchange for 1 out of 6 wounds) active, sense active (upgrades one attack against Layne per round once)

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 pm

This isn’t a Force Wound it is most likely a powerful manifestation of the Dark Side vergence, considering this was a site used by the Emperor of the Sith the Dark Side is strong here. Best to either avoid it or try to bring Light to the vergence but she isn’t sure how to do the latter.

She suspects it is fueled by dark acts and violence.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Layne, seeing no other option... sat down on the ground, and allowed the Force to flow around freely instead of focusing its energies.

She closed her eyes.

((2 strain for another maneuver to sit down, incidental to drop committed force powers))

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Tethys sees what Layne is doing and nods, a muscle in her jaw tensing. "Yes... we can draw in the Light, push away the Dark. Though I don't know if we will be strong enough, unless--" she draws a deep breath, and the other two might easily read more or less what she's thinking just from her tone. Unless one of us is willing to give up everything. But we must try, first.

She sits down beside Layne and puts her hand on the younger woman's shoulder, trying to send calm and strength through her.

---
Incidental: Jedi ramblings
Maneuver: sit
Incidental: Center of Being
Action.... use the Force? Try to draw the Light Side into the vergence. If this is not valid I can do something else. Just kind of guessing what the character would try. Rolled Discipline+ Force, will convert the LS pips to successes if allowed.

D8 MM--Meditation, drawing in the Light Side, difficulty = ?? Destiny.: 3eP+1eA+1eS+2eF 1 success, 3 advantage, 3 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:07 am

OOC: Daunting Discipline check, may use Force Dice, if attempted spending Destiny on Difficulty.

Difficulty + daunting + destiny: 1eC+3eD 3 failures, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImage
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:13 am

OOC: previous roll was in fact Discipline + Force. Converting LS to successes would net 1 success, 1 advantage.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 am

Dapper Dog wrote:OOC: Daunting Discipline check, may use Force Dice, if attempted spending Destiny on Difficulty.

Difficulty + daunting + destiny: 1eC+3eD 3 failures, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImage
Daunting Discipline check (force): 2eF 2 Dark Side
ImageImageDaunting Discipline check: 1eA+1eP+3eD+1eC 1 failure, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Baesal is taken aback by the entity's assault but tries...tries...to follow the others lead
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:35 am

Dark Layne lowered her hand as the Jedi resort to peace, the entity seemed perplexed. “Trust a Jedi to do the foolish thing and simply submit like a coward,” she growled in frustration.

OOC: Entity does nothing, back to the Jedi… it seemed confused at their actions.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:58 am

Channeling the Light seemed to bring a small measure of calm but it would take more effort to bring some measure of balance to the vergence… if only temporarily.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 am

((Still flipping Dark Destiny if I keep trying?))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:46 am

"You don't understand. But perhaps you can't," Tethys murmurs without opening her eyes. She continues to summon the strength of peace, of calm, of slow waves on a sunlit sea.

---
Action.... keep doing the thing.
Maneuver for Center of Being if doing so is not incompatible with meditating.
Cancel the 2 threat with those 2 LS pips if possible.

D8 MM--Meditation again, drawing in the Light Side, Daunting, *assuming* Destiny flip both sides but can reroll the red with another purple if not: 3eP+1eA+1eS+2eF+1eC+3eD 5 successes, 2 threat, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:31 am

Tethys can feel the measure of calm and the Dark Layne frowned and said, “You only delay what must be. She will fall and she will become me… she will fall…”

Then there is no emotion, there is only peace. The entity faded from their presence and the area seemed less oppressive.
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:33 am

''Nah'' Baesal said quite affirmatively to the apparition while Layne and Tethys banished it

''Impressive, Knight Tethys''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:40 am

Tethys shakes her head--perhaps a little dizzily. "It is only temporary. The Dark Side energies will gather again soon, so we had better be quick." She pushes to her feet, looking around warily. "It might be possible to cleanse this place completely, but it would take a profound sacrifice. Or else a very dark power."

She rubs at her neck without quite noticing what she's doing, then remembers why it aches. "I have my first aid kit with me, if you need anything before we go in," she adds, with a look of concern for the two padawans.

((1y2g1b on Medicine if you want it.))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am

She opened her eyes, a little surprised that she didn't actually have to do much more than what she had done. In truth, she had been prepared for the worst.

"I guess I could use a little looking after," she said, "but I'd also like to get inside quickly. I doubt it's been banished forever."

Description
Layne Hoshin

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics