Battle cruiser and carrier of the Republic!

Blood and Sand (day 10 Late morning)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 am

Claire was a dear sometimes, it was her that arranged this meeting, even a nice private spot for it to happen in. Zanebry walked down the halls of the Brig, offering a polite nod to any guards he passed. Melv, might be able to tell him a few things. Might being a very strong word of course. either way though, he had promised the man he'd listen to his story.

He should stick to his promises, when he could.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Blood and Sand (day 10 Late morning)

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:29 am

Melv sat cuffed to a table in an interrogation room. He appeared to be more stable than before, with no signs of further suicide attempts. When Zanebry came in, he said, "Oh, I remember you. You're hard to miss with the way you dress."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:47 am

"Good morning, Melv." Zane offered the man a easy smile. "My apologies about the accommodations, but the military rather insisted." He moved across the room to take a seat on the opposite side of the table.

"I'm glad you remembered me though, if you recall I told you I'd listen in on your side of the story." He tilted his head, looking at the other man curiously. "Still interested in telling?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:58 am

The man blinked and then leaned back in his chair as much as he could with the restraints on. "Really now? What's your angle?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 am

"Well, I always try to keep my promises for starters. I've been a bit to busy helping with a few other projects to get to this sooner."

"Other then that, there is another case I'm working on. Figured something you said, might help with that" A lie might have been more appropriate, but he simply didn't feel like it.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 am

"Alright," the prisoner said after a few moments. He nodded and looked over at the 'mirror.' He considered telling any onlookers to buzz off, but he had no real reasons to care. "Should I start all the back at Nar Shaddaa then?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:25 am

"If you don't mind." Zane replied relaxing back into his chair. "I'm in no hurry after all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:32 am

Melv first smiled, in reminiscence of the early days of his life as a mercenary. "I started off as a good bounty hunter. I was considered a natural shot and I had a knack of getting along with people back then. Made it easy to convince people to help me find my targets." He scoffed at his own expense. "I got taken out real easy by you guys, so that didn't really show my prowess. Guess you guys are the real deal.

"But anyways, Thera Ordo took to liking me. Maybe it was that charm I had then. She saw some sort of potential in me." He paused. "And I squandered it. I killed Rayne Organa because I thought I was better than everyone. I figured nobody would care if I got anybody else killed while hunting.

"Got taken in, by Niall Organa then, actually. I was going to be sent to court but I was freed." He looked back over to the mirror. "Maybe I shouldn't say more right now."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:23 am

"Someone always cares." Zane replied softly. "If you get messy, get sloppy people stop hiring you, it reflects poorly on anyone that suggested you, and that's not to mention any families you might hurt." He shook his head slowly. "Especially in a city like Nar Shaddaa, if it wasn't the Lady Organa, eventually it would of been someone else.

"That's your choice, I suppose." Z replied, shifting slightly in his seat. "And you've already chosen to squander a lot of your chances, stopping now you might be squandering another one. It's my thought you were freed for a reason after all, and not just to join clan Varad. Someone out there used you as a pawn, set you lose to try to get at Niall."

"Not that they expected you to do anything but die."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:41 am

"Yeah. I clearly learned that."

He perked a brow. "Yeah. Alright. I'll leave out a part, but you're probably right. I was brought in by Orar Varad. Don't know why he didn't stick with my himself."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 am

"Oh, i knew that already Melv. That's the man I figure was using you, set you up as some real pretty bait for the Captain." Z offered with a slight chuckle. "I was wondering how he got you out of custody."

"Anything you can tell me about that?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:43 am

"You think Orar knows Niall somehow? Alright." Melv looked back to the mirror and then back to Zanebry. "Well, anyways, I got broken out of custody, and then Orar bargained for my life."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:46 am

I think Orar has some agenda's here that aren't entirely clear." Zane replied before listening to to his answer. "They broke you out of custody then Orar had to bargain for your life?" That didn't make a whole lot of sense.

"Could I ask who broke you out? And the reason why Orar bargained for you? He didn't know you, did he?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:53 am

"Get any onlookers out of here and I'll tell you," he stated plainly.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:02 am

"Alright then." Zanebry rose to his feet, traveling over to the mirror, and making what was likely a well known motion for them to clear the room. It wasn't any guarantee they would, though he had at least tried. "Though I suppose I should say I'm trusting you here."

((Would flipping a destiny help get him to spill the beans?))

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 am

The man sighed. "Thera freed me by herself. She, well, wanted to put me in the ground herself." He sighed. "Well, at least she said so. I'm not sure if she'd had actually gone through with it. Orar found us and pressured her to hand me over."

---

Naw. No need for destiny.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:59 am

That was decidedly odd, it didn't sound like the Thera he knew either. Still it wasnt outside the realm of possibility. "You said he pressured her, do you recall how?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 am

"Thera has children. I didn't even know that until he mentioned them." He shrugged. "Not from her womb, apparently. But she has a motherly instinct to her.

"Orar said he knew about them though and from there she caved in to his demands."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am

His jaw tightened, he was going to need to talk to Vera about this. "One of which was you, what were the others?" He couldn't think the man had extracted just one.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 am

"He wanted whatever information she could give on Clan Ordo, not that she speaks much with them at the moment. He also wanted to see what bounties she was passing through."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:27 am

"And I assume she gave it all to him?" Z asked, though he was fairly certain he already knew the answer.

Sighing he shook his head, this was a mess. "Do you recall if there was any of the bounties that caught his eyes out of the list?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:46 am

"Yeah. She did." Melv then shook his head. "Sorry, I can't say I recall them talking about it in depth then."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:54 am

He nodded, it was something to go on, and it developed a pattern. Well a pattern of sorts. "What happened after that? Where did he take you?"

"Did he ever mentioned why he wanted you so badly to make a enemy of a woman like Thera Ordo?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:12 am

"I couldn't say. He refused to tell me what he was up to, really." He then sighed. "He took me to go join Clan Varad. 'Become a Mandalorian like you always wanted.'"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:23 am

"After that it was into Eralynn's care I take it?" Z asked thoughtfully.

"He knew you always wanted to be a Mandolorian... was there anything else unusual he knew about you?"

"Or maybe you saw him with some unusual people?"

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics