Chaos & Harmony (D12 MM, Tethys's bunk)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:06 pm

There isn't a great deal of room in the cramped cabin, but there are two bunks to sit on and a chest atop which to stand the caf pot, and it's quiet. That should be good enough for the purpose.

Tethys sits cross-legged on one bunk, waiting calmly.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: Chaos & Harmony (D12 MM, Tethys's bunk)

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:35 pm

There was a knock on the door. Then another...followed by a third
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:54 pm

Layne wasn't far behind Baesal, looking pretty beat up. Whatever damage Zash had inflicted hadn't been fully dealt with by the doctors; and she looked like she hadn't gotten a whole lot of sleep either.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 am

"Enter." The voice-calibrated door slides open to admit the two padawans.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:33 pm

''Wow Layne...you look tired as hell.'' she said to her fellow padawanwhen she arrived ''Everything allright?''

Before she could get en answer the door was opened

''Hey'' she said as she entered the room
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Layne just shrugged, as there was no room for an answer. Instead, she followed Baesal inside.

"...'Sup."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 am

"Hello... hm. You should probably sit down." Tethys looks a bit concerned at seeing Layne still worse for the wear. "Are you ready to discuss... all this? We can wait if you need more rest first."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 pm

"What's there to discuss?"

She kept standing.

"Zash got away."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:40 pm

"Next steps." Tethys raises an eyebrow as Layne remains standing, but doesn't comment. "Dynos Val. Not to mention how to lessen the chances of something like this happening again."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lunda Mae » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Lunda was present quiet and contemplative.
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:29 pm

"Turned out he wasn't that tough," she said, choosing to focus on that aspect of the topic rather than the how to avoid a certain something from happening again. Not that she didn't have thoughts on the matter, as she glanced briefly at Lunda, but they probably weren't that helpful right now. Downplaying the guy and making fun of him, surely *that* was the way to make this less awkward?

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:43 pm

"Which means that now we have a Sith prisoner responsible for the deaths of several Bankor citizens under cover of war. And proof of Imperial infiltration of a Republic military expedition in defiance of the peace treaty." Tethys taps her long fingers on her knee.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:28 pm

''That is quite problematic'' Baesal chimed in

''We might need to leave that particuliar aspect in the hands of the politicians''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 pm

"Anybody with half a brain would've known the Empire was never interested in peace," she said with an eyeroll. "But having a lone sith in custody is just going to get dismissed as the actions of a renegade. Question is, could we make the republic push for it to be the renegade actions of his *master*? And hold the Empire accountable?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 pm

“I don’t think it matters what the Republic will do, more so what we have done, including myself. More importantly the intent of others that even though they were righteous were guided by darker aims,” she said softly.

“I know that I have much to learn.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 pm

"Both matter," Tethys says. "Four people, including a Republic senator, witnessed his master on the ship. We may find out whether the Empire values peace more than it values protecting her."

She glances at Lunda, then Layne. "Everything else... we can learn from. Some of this might not have happened if there had been more trust among us."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lunda Mae » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:20 pm

“I only mean that right now, we are discussing the fate of the Republic, right now we are reflecting on actions taken are we not?” she replied.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 pm

“What we’ve done and what we will do are connected,” Tethys says with a thoughtful air. “I suspect we will have some say in the prisoner’s fate, for example.”

She opens a hand toward Lunda. “I gather there are actions you want to reflect on, though. You’re not the only one.”
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Baesal when silent

Things had to be discussed, Dylos will have to wait.
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Layne crossed her arms, and leaned against the wall. She wasn't going to start talking and possibly ruin whatever was coming.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:36 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:“What we’ve done and what we will do are connected,” Tethys says with a thoughtful air. “I suspect we will have some say in the prisoner’s fate, for example.”

She opens a hand toward Lunda. “I gather there are actions you want to reflect on, though. You’re not the only one.”

“I have spoken with my master, I will return to the Temple for reflection and atonement. I have made mistakes and I will endure whatever consequences the Council deems appropriate.”

She looked at Layne, “I still think it was a mistake to bring in outsiders to contend with a Sith, they should have never been involved. They were not prepared and they paid the price. Zash has strong prescient abilities and foresaw that outcome, that is how Dynos got involved.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 am

Tethys listens attentively, then turns her attention to Layne with an evaluating sort of look.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:49 pm

She sighed. "I fucked up, okay?"

Layne could argue how she didn't *know* it was Zash at that point. How she couldn't have known this would be the outcome. But it didn't feel appropriate to argue right now.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:20 pm

''Hinsight is twenty-twenty'' Baes said ''I don't believe Layne was wrong in preparing a safety net. We just had missing information.''

She frowned

''I wonder if *anything* could have changed the outcome''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 pm

"Yes, we did have missing information. Some of us more than others," Tethys says gently. "We can't know what might have been. But it is very possible things would have been different if you'd shared all your suspicions at the outset, Layne."
Tethys Carrack

Next
Forum Statistics