Jitters [Day 10, EE]

Postby Chase » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:31 am

Outside on the flight deck Chase was sat on a crate, a foot kicked up on a smaller crate, and with her helmet to the side was ready in her combat flight suit. It was just a little while now as she watched from across the hangar as the mechanics went over some checks before they called her over for a few final ones. Soon she'd be out there, doing what she did best.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Re: Jitters [Day 10, EE]

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 am

The man in his combat suit was ever in his combat suit, so it was no distinguishing feature of his presence in the hangar. Beskar'gam was his second skin and rarely was he making exceptions by not wearing it. Particularly now, when it had been so thoroughly upgraded that it was lighter, more comfortable and proud-looking than ever, with its fresh laminates and colours. Rather, a Vizsla Mando'ad had ever been an oddity in the expedition launched by the Republic, and for therefore a serendipitously named Oddyn that was usually enough of standing out... in times there was no shooting, nor house-rocking.

So when he saw a restless pilot, he just approached to say casual hi without much introduction. He was about to gun for the Turtle and he had been on his way to the ship, to familiarise himself with the capacity of the fiery punch it was packing.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:32 am

"Hey, you," Chase called out toward Oddyn as he walked. Wringing out her wrists to keep herself in motion. "Seems not all of you Tin-Cans are crazy psychopaths like the ones across the way," Chase said and nodded toward the shielding that separated them from space. "So, I gotta know. What's different with you than with them? I'm not a big buff on how you Tin-Cans operate and all but I figure if you're here there's gotta be some wicked differences in there."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:42 am

"Not so many, flygal." He retorted. He didn't like her tone, but kept his calm. "We Tin-Cans worship war. Wars have at least two ends." The way he presented himself to brusque Pubs was deliberately negative. He wasn't about to beg for their sympathy and provide excuses. He was in it for his own reasons, and whether they appreciated him or not was secondary.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 am

"So, that's all this is to you? Kinda weak but alright, I'm good with that so long as someone had some sense to choose the right side of it," she said, "But if there's not that many differences I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Only fair. Seeing as how the ones sharing your armor seem to like to turn their guns on the weak when they can't defend themselves."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:40 pm

"I wouldn't say that's all. I just don't spill my story to cocky strangers. Against personal rules." He grinned mirthlessly, more like a tiger baring teeth. "My armour is my own and I am the only person that is responsible for the marks on it, so don't conflate me with some random Kryze, Jendri or Varad who may well be a dar'manda. Within bounds of Resol'nare, I kill how I please and I save lives how I please. The fancy narrative about not hitting the weak being chivalrous or something is mostly bullshit though. If you fight and live to see another day, means you've been striking down those ultimately weaker than you. Those who cannot defend themselves have only themselves or their parents to blame. And gun in hand doesn't make anyone strong in itself. I bet I could kill you without any in mine." He eased his grin. "Otherwise, nice to meet you, flygal. Won't blame you for keeping an eye out on my butt, it's a shapely one."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:12 pm

"Great, go looking to see if you're just as much of a monster as the others over there and not only do I get to hear how you're not any different but really also get to hear how you could kill me," Chase raised her hands dramatically and clapped. "Really good show. You can keep your fancy words but a man who uses words like that's nothing but a monster under it all. Your fellows over across the way are using them to justify wholesale slaughter of innocents and I've had just about enough of your kriffed idealogy for the good rest of my life."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:25 pm

"Live by whatever creed you like as long as you have the strength to keep things going on your end." He was not affected by the bidding in effusiveness. "I am my own Mando'ad. If conflating me with your peeves makes your day, flygal, be my guest. Your blue banner is as complicit in a chain of wholesale slaughters as the next big polity, and who's without guilt is always in the eye of the beholder."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:31 pm

""Tin-Can's a damned philosopher over here," Chase said, leaning a bit forward on her crate. "I've seen the Republic do a whole lotta good for a whole lotta people. Even if they've made some mistakes down the road, it's better than you and those kriffen Imperials who seem to make a policy out of killing people that're just trying to live their lives. Go to work, grow food, all that nice and innocent stuff that ain't bothering anybody till one of you roll around and decide that you don't gotta care about them cause you're stronger. It's cowardice, it's weak, it's pathetic."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:39 pm

"Genocides are mistakes? Big bravo to your propagandists. They're really on top of their job." He chuckled. "It's such a nice illusion that you can be a killer and a good person in one. That 'baddies' don't sow, nor do they have loved ones to orphan. Keep telling yourself those bedtime stories, sure they keep you sane." He smiled in a way an adult smiles to a petulant child throwing a tantrum.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:06 pm

"I have actually no idea what you're spouting on about Tin-Can," Chase retorted, her tone flat. "Far as I remember the Republics been doing it's damndest to fight off the Empire so we all don't end up worse off since before I was born."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 pm

"Because the Republic only did things you remember, right? Sure I am the tin-can here, flygal? Your brain cells ain't lonely?" He folded his arms, shaking his head slightly. "Tell me if you're done regaling this patriotic bullshit. If not, I'll be better off preparing the ship guns for the assault."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:29 pm

"I'm just speaking the truth here, we've got clear evidence sitting across from us of your people committing war crimes but I don't see where your argument even stands. It's real easy to say something but I'm not seeing a whole lotta evidence that's even true," Chase said, wringing out he right wrist. "So how bout we stop using the Republic as an excuse for why you and yours aren't that bad," Chase said mockingly. "Cause from where I'm sitting all I'm seeing is the Republic putting a stop to this damn horror show those Tin-Cans over there are putting on."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 pm

With brows high, Odd started whistling a Mandalorian song and watching if any dirt had not got into his cyber fingertips.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:40 am

"Right, thought so," Chase said, glancing away and over the hangar again.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:02 pm

"Point is we're bad. Bad mothefuckers who kriff your biased adulterated facts and your self-entitled grandeur. Perhaps the only once in the whole galaxy. The Sith are bad too. And you're hypocrite-bad as kriff as well. There are no good guys at the helm of anything in this galaxy. Rank and file, maybe, but when politics get involved, it's all the same dung, just coming in different colours. The blues are the best liars though. They lie so convincingly they can convince themselves in the process." He chuckled.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:00 am

"Republic ain't perfect, it's got it's flaws, but it's league and bounds better than anyone else you just named," Chase said, crossing her right arm over her leg. "It's rule of law isn't written to exterminate the weak, to cast out those who are different, not like the Tin-Cans here, not like the Empire."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:56 pm

"Its rules are written to privilege a few fat Coruscant cats while most of the rest has learned to live in demeaning mediocrity to the point they're stripped of worth, dreams and ability to defend themselves. Cogs in a leviathan that expects them to be happy about their degradation as sentients." Odd commented. "You can't bullshit me again with propaganda on this because I precisely know how it is. I remember quite a bit from my early years in slums on Taris. I regret nothing about becoming a Mandalorian."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:55 am

"I'm sorry," Chase said, almost sounding earnest for a second, "but that to me just sounds like you're feeling like a kicked pup because you had a hard life coming up and wanna toss that blame onto someones shoulders. Like I said before, the Republic ain't perfect but it's leagues better than anything else anyone else is offering."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:04 am

"Better for what, better for whom." Odd ironised. "Not better for me, nor for any Mandalorian respecting who we are."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:11 am

"Better for the galaxy, but I guess I should expect that from a man who claims himself alongside murderers and cowards," Chase replied. "If there's a bully in the play pin you take him out of the play pin."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:20 am

"Of course. To be the only bully around, like you aspire to be." He laughed. "Republic may be good for the Core. For the Outer Rim it's an oppressor like any other."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:24 am

"You say something else about me that's inherently wrong and I'm gonna shove something in that hole of yours," Chase's voice raised. "But not now, too close to mission to do it now. Hate on the Republic and the people fighting here all you want but at the end of the day we're the only ones who could stand up to stop the Empire from wiping everyone out in their mad conquest. So, you're welcome for that, Tin-Can."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:35 am

"Your mad conquest has been drawn out across millennia, but it's the same thing. We challenged you once and your Jedi mass-murdered us at Malachor V. The original people of Coruscant were the Taung, the first Mandalorians. Now, not a single one lives. Also slain by the Jedi." He clicked his tongue. "I don't hate you. I just see you for what you are. And you're just a product of a massive lie you seem happy to fight and die for. That's your choice, just don't expect me to gobble the same nonsense. If you want to face me in personal combat after I do the job you obviously are lousy not to do yourself out there in the black, be my guest."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Chase » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am

"I warned you about making up lies about me Tin-Can, hope you can get yourself home cause I ain't coming to save you when you get yourself tossed into the fire out there," Chase's voice grew louder, more stern. Leaning more into the box at her foot than before. Practically ready to jump out of her seat, but she didn't. "Maybe one of your friends from the other side will wipe you outta existence out there. Real warm family welcome. You and they kriffen deserve each other and I won't bother shedding a tear for it."
Info - Theme
Chase

Next
Forum Statistics