Toccata and Fugue (D11, ME, Three Drinks)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:38 am

Or maybe just in a fugue-state? Such was life sometimes for a character in a fictional world of wars and stars.

Lyseil had dressed down from her uniform into civvies, and was carrying her violin case with her as she approached the Three Drinks. The case had been with her through a lot, all the way from Alderaan, Cerea, Felucia, and Tatooine, and now on Bankor. Who knew where else that violin could end up with her next.

She gave a firm knock on the entrance to the Thee Drinks. "Mr. Varliss, it's Lyseil."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: Toccata and Fugue (D11, ME, Three Drinks)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:10 am

They'd been discussing this evening for a while, getting together for music, and Zane had only a short while ago managed to come across a keyboard he could properly program. It sat in the common room ready for the evening, when Lyseil came knocking.

He was dressed down a bit, without his jacket, just a vest as well as a tie in a vivid green. Sleeves rolled up, and gloves off. When the door buzzed he made his way over and opened it, greeting the young woman on the other side. "Good evening, Miss Panteer." His voice was filled with warmth as he took a moment to take her in. "You've likely grown tired of my compliments by now, but I should say you look lovely tonight."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 am

She gave an easy smile and a chuckle as he greeted her with a compliment as usual. "I don't think I've grown quite weary of them yet, so I suppose they still have their charm," she said with a slight tease. "Thank you. And you look much better today, if I may say. The leg is doing better?"

It wasn't the first time she saw him without his gloves on, but she almost felt that there was something more to it now than last time... last time she had in a way intruded on him while he was metaphorically licking his wounds, while this time it seemed he had made the deliberate choice to not wear them. It was an interesting detail to her.

"Green looks quite good on you too," Lyseil added, lifting her gaze up from his hands to pass it off as having been looking at his tie instead.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:38 am

"It's ready for dancing if you must know." He replied, giving it a pat. She had promised him a dance at some point after all. "I'd appreciate it if you tell me though, when you start getting weary of them. I'll have to change my tactics.

Going without his gloves was a deliberate choice, though he didn't say as much. Still he was happy she had noticed, it wasnt something he did all that often. "Thank you, I decided to cheat a bit since you said it was your favorite color." Zane shifted to the side to let her in, letting the door slide shut as he walked with her towards the common room. "I hope that doesn't lower your opinion of me."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:49 am

"That's good to hear. Althought you did look quite stylish with the cane to support you at the jizz night," she said as she stepped inside. There was a soft glugging-sound from her violin case as she shifted it, which to someone like Zanebry was undoubtedly the sound of a full bottle containing some form of liquid.

"Not at all. I don't see why it should, unless it is a color you dislike yourself?" Lyseil remarked with a thoughtful 'hmm'. As they now had the privacy of being inside the ship, she felt she could at least make a comment. "I notice you're not wearing gloves today..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:47 am

"And You and Niall made quite the pair on the floor." Zane offered with a warm smile in response. None of the other pairs he had seen could quite compare. The glugging from the violin caused him to raise an eyebrow, but he didn't comment.

"Oh, green is one of my favorites honestly, among a few others. Red and silver rank fairly high as well." Silver tended to be his go to though. The question about the gloves caused his to pause, but eventually he turned to offer her a smile. "I wear my gloves for a few reasons, to hide them for one, I'm not particularly fond of my scars. They're also a way to hide who I am, at least to a degree. Neither of ot thise seem to be things I really need to do around you, Lyseil. At least not in the confines of my home."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:10 am

"Hm, it would seem the lessons paid off then, if you think so," her lips quirked in a warm smile. She had really had a good time that night - drinks, music, dancing, just letting go of concerns for a couple of hours.

That red and silver were colors he liked were notes she stored away for the time being. Instead, Lyseil regarded him with a thoughtful, but warm expression. "Thank you... I... feel a bit honored that you feel that comfortable around me, to show your scars. Last time I was here, well... I didn't want to pry about it then. You had enough with your more recent injuries then I think."

She set the case down and offered a hand forth to take his. "... Is it because you find them ugly that you hide them, or because there are bad memories about them?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:01 am

"His or yours?" There was a teasing smile on his lips as he looked her way as they entered the common room. "I'd offer to get you a drink, but I believe you have something in mind." He mused as his eyes drifted to the mostly full bar.

His hand took hers as it was as it was offered, though it was again something of an unexpected offer. "Part of its habit I think, I used to hate them, but I've learned to live with most of them." His eyes drifted down, to where his right hand held hers. "Some of them have bad memories attached though." Zane pointed out a long scar on his right arm, running wrist to elbow. "Like that one." He touched a spot low on his left hip. "And this one here."

"Not to mention the one's I got in the fight with Eralynn. Though the feelings are a bit more mixed about those."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 am

Lyseil's lips pursed in an amused smile. "Hm... his, I'd say. Didn't step on my foot even once." Casting her gaze away for the moment, she couldn't help but notice that the bar still seemed to be full. "My word... and here I had thought we'd have dried up your supplies, but it doesn't seem like we even made a dent." Her tone was soft but clearly also finding it funny. Now it would probably look weird that she had brought something to make up for his losses.

"I wouldn't say no to one drink though, if it's no trouble."

As he let her take his hand, her thumb gently brushed against the beginning of the scar by his wrist. "Sounds like most of them have a story of some sort to them. Though I can't say I have such a collection of scars myself... guess I just haven't had the same kind of adventures as you've had."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:31 am

"That's good, I was afraid we was going to be too stiff." Zane followed her gaze, chuckling lightly at her reaction. "They took a dent, but I replenished them. I've came across a few secrets about that sort of thing over the years."

He didn't let their hands part as he slowly led them towards the bar, apparently not yet ready to let their hands part.

"Or just not as many, I've had a few more years then you to have them." His lips curled onto a wry smile. "I joined the military when I was sixteen and that was around ten years ago."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:44 am

Seeing more up close now the scars he had covered on his hands and arms, she wondered what else he was hiding. She did recall him mentioning the numerous types of injuries he had sustained so there was probably more hidden behind the well-dressed facade.

"So a little older than me. Though I was the same age when I served in the House Force, four years ago. Hm... a military family since you joined so early yourself?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:24 am

"A few years." Though not too many, six wasn't all that bad , was it? "Want to help?." He asked as they arrived at the bar. "I'll be the left hand, you be the right?" It was pretty inefficient all things considered, but Zane was enjoying this, the closeness.

"Yes, both my parents served, and I have a older brother and a younger sister that are still in." A teasing smile made it's way into his lips. "In case you're curious, they both out rank you."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:44 am

Lyseil didn't think it that much older. He was older than Niall and her brother, but it wasn't like it was a great many years between them.

"Sounds like a challenge. You have more experience with this than I do, so you'll have to direct me," there was a hint of playfulness in her expression as she looked from the bar to him.

Though the comment about his siblings earned him a raised eyebrow. "In the military, no doubt. I never really pursued promotions there..." she'd be surprised if they outranked her otherwise. "Older brother and younger sister, huh? That's funny... I'm also the middle child, with an older brother and younger sister."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:31 am

'Alright then, we start with the Ice." His eyes were on her as he spoke, enjoying the playfulness he saw in her eyes, as he went through the familiar motions of filling the shaker with ice, though it was a bit more time consuming with one hand. Eventually, he had to look away though, as an insistent voice in the back of his head,continued to make rather inappropriate demands. "We'll start with that." He motioned to a bottle of clear spirits. "And since we're doubling the recipe we'll give in a solid count of one on the pour. So one, one thousand."

'Yes, in the military, though that was almost the only rank that my parents paid attention to." Or his mother had paid attention to at the very least. "That's an odd coincidence." He said with a laugh. "Now if you tell me your brother is about to and a half years older, I'll really have to raise an eyebrow. Either way, I should probably add I have two younger sisters, Talina, just never joined the Military. She pursued a career as a doctor." Part of him wondered what Talina might say if she learned he was flirting with a girl that was younger then her...

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:47 am

Lyseil chuckled softly as they started on the drink mixture. "You know, when we were mixing drinks in our dormitories at the Academy, we were never this exact. Well, the others weren't, but I tended to be..." though she wasn't sure what he would think of her using graduated cylinders and other lab equipments to mix drinks.

She was also paying attention to what was on the bottle, to get an idea of what they were mixing.

"Ah, no, Reland is four years older than me. He became a father half a year ago - twin girls, so mother's been all ecstatic over becoming a grandmother." Lyseil rolled her eyes, but judging from her smile she didn't mind too terribly. "And my sister Elara is three years younger than me, so we're rather spread out in age." She did pause for a moment with a thoughtful expression. "Hmm... so three kids went into the military, one left, and one never joined at all? Is... that something your parents disapproved of?" Lyseil recalled how Cole had said how a military-doctor had been the only option for him.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:29 am

"As geeky as it might sound, there is almost a science to mixing drinks, Lyseil. You can be a little off of your measurements, but even that changes the flavor of the final product. Then you have to take in account the type of ice you use, if its shaken or stirred, how cold you want it..." He trailed off, "I think you get it." The first ingredient was vodka, and the second was green,a melon liqueur by the looks of it. "We'll need a four count of this." He said as he offered her the bottle, before holding the vessel steady so she could pour.

"Which take some pressure off of you I assume." Zane said with a teasing smile, parents always seemed to want a horde of grand babies. Well, at last most of the parents he had ever come across. His had been the same way, at least when it came to his siblings. "We're a bit spread out too, but not that much. Enarra is twenty-four, and Talina is twenty-one, not quite a doctor, but on her way."

"Me leaving?" A soft chuckle rolled from his lips. "No, they didn't approve at all. I'm what you would call an embarrassment to the family. It's different for Talina though... She picked her path after Father passed away. I don't think Mother could argue with her about it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:39 am

"It was easier measuring back then when I had my graduated cylinders," she remarked with a snicker, but she did seem to have a better grasp at measuring than Niall did. That Lemondrop at the party had been rather heavy on the vodka. She did stop to smell the liqueur. "Hm... interesting..."

Thank the heavens for steady hands. It was already a challenge doing this as a three-legged race, but with hands, and the ingredient was successfully poured.

"A little. Still doesn't stop her from meddling though, but I know she means well," Lyseil shook her head, but her mood sobered a little. "... I'm sorry about your father. Though, I would disagree on you being an embarrassement."

She didn't push the question of what had happened to his father. Of course, she was curious, but if it was something he was comfortable sharing, he'd let her know.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am

"Graduated cylinders?" Z raised an eyebrow. "That sounds a bit a bit like cheating." He finished, with a light laugh,alongside her snicker. His hand brushed hers as he moved to take the bottle back and put it in it's place. "Have I got you confused yet? He asked selecting the next bottle and offering it to her for inspection, revealing a peach schapps. "A two count of this one."

It certainly was a challenge, but Zane found it a little fun, and likely a bit more intimate then he should. He tried to push the later feeling to the back of his head though, and concentrate on the topic at hand.

"We all sorted expected it, one of us passing away that is. That last war was a long one, brutal too, and with four of us in it at one point." He shook his head. "He went down with his vessel, a few years shy of forty years in the Military... I think he wanted to hit that hallmark before retiring." The words about him not being a embarrassment brought a smile to his lips, and he had to stop himself from giving her a slight nudge of companionship. "Thanks, I'll let you take that up with Mother if you want, but I warn you she is about as stubborn as they come."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:20 pm

"Not all of us have your natural talent at mixing drinks, Z," she grinned, even when his hand brushed against hers. There was a certain enjoyment and strange intimacy in this little experiment. "Hmm... I must admit, I have no idea what we're making. Melon, and peach?" she asked after inspecting the bottle and the scent again.

"Hm... the fighting with the Sith have kind of touched all of us in a way, I guess. I don't remember too much of the occupation of Alderaan though. My brother and I were evacuated, and spent a long time at our uncle's place since it was likely the Imperials wouldn't know about his estate. But... guess your mother might not know how stubborn we Alderaanians can be, especially a Panteer," Lyseil on the other hand didn't shy away from giving Z a gentle nudge in the side. "There's a reason why we've been the ruling house of Alderaan for so long."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm

"It comes more with practice then talent, I've made a lot of drinks in my life." More then he would ever really want to count now that he thought about it. "And experimenting and trying new things keeps me busy on those long trips through hyper space. So, I suppose it's a hobby more then anything. Like reading." The next bottle was a bit smaller then the others, and didn't have a pour attached to it, requiring Z to take off the cape. "I don't use this much, so you may want to use the jigger to measure it. We'll need a shot and a half.'

"It's a bit a odd one, I admit... I think you'll like it though." He mused taking out a lime and cutting it in half as she measured out the hazelnut liquor. Soon enough the last ingredients were added, and the top put on the shaker. "The name's got something to do with the color... There is a sort of saying about it." Ingredients mixed and shaker capped, Z glanced up at her. "Should you shake or I?"

He laughed as she nudged him in the side,and he gave her hand a gentle squeeze in return. "Likely not. She may have met a few people from Alderaan in her military days, but she retired shortly after Core was born, hasn't left the planet much since then." His lips curled into a warm smile. "I'd imagine you'd surprise her in more then a few ways if you came knocking on her door." His lips pursed and he glanced up at the ceiling. "She'd also probably try and guess what lines I've been feeding you."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 pm

"Ah, I see... so is this an experiment too then?" she mused with interest, especially since they had quite the interesting combination so far of flavours; melon, peach, and... hazelnut? That was an odd one, as it didnt' seem to be another fruity one like the other two. Lyseil murmured "jigger" to herself a couple of times until she spotted the little measuring tool.

As the ingredients were coming together, and the question of who should shake was brought up, there was a brief lewd joke that popped to her mind. But she stopped herself from voicing it out loud, biting her lower lip as she did so. "I think I'll leave the shaking to the expert. If you please."

Besides, maybe she could pick up a trick or two. "Hmm... I don't know. Would she even believe I was Alderaanian royalty?" Lyseil chuckled. The theoretical possibilities was becoming a little awkward to think about though. She and Niall hadn't really decided on anything yet, and she did care for him, but... she found herself greatly enjoying Zanebry's company. Maybe he really is a smooth scoundrel?
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:50 pm

"Not quite. Though it's not really a well known drink either." He would never have come across it if he didn't read books about cocktails. Still he hesitated on telling her the name. It might be a tad bit embarrassing. It was rather adorable how she talked to herself when she looked for the jigger, and a soft smile made it's way into his lips.

He raised an eyebrow as she bit her lip. "Something you're wanting to say, Lyseil?" Zane asked as he started shaking, letting a rather naughty smile make it's way into his lips a moment later. "Or are you just waiting for me to tell you that shaking isnt the only thing I'm a expert at."

"Probably. My Mother's pretty sharp, and there is a certain something about the way you carry yourself. Poise? Grace? A little something else." He shook his head. While Zane couldn't very well read her thoughts, if she asked he could certainly tell her that, Lyseil's mother would almost assuredly call him a scoundrel.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Her lips pressed together in an amused smile, and she gave him a shake of her head. "Ah, no, no, it's nothing. Though, I'm pretty confident that there are other things besides shaking that you're good at..." the smile became more like a smirk, until she realised how that might've sounded like, and she gave a flustered chuckle.

"I... guess you got that sharpness from her then, huh? She must've been quite the challenge to grow up with, if she always knew when you were up to no good." Lyseil at least could imagine his mother seeing through the usual tricks a teenager might try when doing typical teenager things.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:47 pm

It was his turn to give her a little nudge, his lips curling into a teasing smile. "If you weren't a Princess, I'd say that was almost a bit lewd, Lyseil. As it is you get a pass due to good breeding." The shaking had been vigorous, but now it was done, and with a practiced motion he popped the top off. "I'd you would grab two martini glasses, I'll pour."

"Yeah, it took a special sort of antics to get past her. Made for good practice, even it did mean I got more then a few switchings." Those had never been all that entertaining. "Though from what I have seen, you were likely a bit of a troublemaker in school too."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:09 pm

"A... are you saying princesses can't have a lewd thought from time to time, Zanebry?" she did try to play it off cool, even if her face was turning red, and he could probably feel how the hold of her hand tightened a little. Good thing she could keep herself occupied with putting forth the martini glasses for him to pour the drink made with team-effort.

"Hmph," Lyseil huffed dramatically. "You have to get caught to be considered a troublemaker, Z. And my track record at school was perfect." There was a mischevious pride in that, of course.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Next
Forum Statistics