Re: Empty Bowl [D11 EE, Three Drinks]

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:41 am

The hat was retrieved and examined for a moment before it made it's way back on Z's head in a intricate move.

"I dont know if it's all force users, but the are hostile to the Jedi and the Sith." He hadn't been able to figure out if it went beyond that. "As for Hydra... As best as I can guess the artifact they stole belonged to her. Though what purpose that artifact might hold is beyond me."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:15 am

Aran's lips gave a small twitch as he considered. "Have you spoken to Padawan Zyn? She appears to know something of HYDRA . She said it is a powerful AI that originated long ago, and only recently found a body, which has been seen on this planet." Then he continued. "To review, then: Ghost works for the Clever Man, a high-ranking member of the Star Cabal. They appear to be plotting against the Jedi and Sith, if not more. They were involved in the Republic coming to Bankor, and aiding each side against the other. They are involved with HYDRA -- although whether it is a member, the founder, an ally..." he trailed off. "And they stole something of hers, for her, that had been kept on Bankor. Did I miss anything?" He tilted his head back and forth. "Perhaps... the theft was their reason for creating so much chaos here? Or part of it. A reason to do it here, and not somewhere else. I can't imagine the museum would have been much of a challenge, given their resources."
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 am

"A few times, Baesal and I go back a few years." Was the simple reply, Z didn't see any reason to elaborate any further. "The theft was just an opportunity for them, It wasn't their only goal here. It might not have even been their main one. They had been here quite a while before they attempted it after all."

"It wasn't, they were in and out with hardly anyone noticing. They probably had other goals, one's weren't entirely aware of, and likely won't be for a while." He skipped the part about recruitment being one of them.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Aran nodded as he listened. "They are likely behind much of the back-and-forth and sudden reversals on Bankor. Drawing out the conflict would likely be to their benefit. If they want to destroy the Jedi and Sith, a flashpoint like this would be an opportunity." He frowned thoughtfully. "They cannot appreciate the speed of our campaign."

"I am going to attempt to find this woman," he said, without pause or transition. "She is clearly dangerous, and her capture could clear up a great many things. If we move quickly, it is likely we can still find her in Bankor local space, before her business here is concluded. Is there anything else I should know?" He spoke in an even, serene tone, although that last thought maybe had a hint of irony or attitude.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:17 pm

"That's why I call you rash." Zane replied with a shake of his head. "You dont know where she is, not to mention what defenses she might have put in place."

He studied the young man for a few moments. "Do you even have an idea of who you might take with you? Going by yourself is more then likely a death sentence."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Aran mirrored Zane's headshaking, his face serious. "There is no gain without risk. We know next to nothing, and will find out nothing if we do not follow what opportunities we have. If I find her, do you expect me to crash through the window on a swoop bike and try to take her in single-handed?" He paused, perhaps imagining this scene, then clarified. "I would not. I would report in, and proceed based on the circumstances." He shrugged. "Unless she has laid a trap for me, the worst that happens is that I find nothing." He smiled self-deprecatingly. "And she can hardly be expecting me."
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:48 pm

"Don't underestimate yourself Aran, you do have skill. I'd be surprised if our lovely lady friend hasn't made contingencies around your involvement." He would, if he was in her position.

"Honestly I think the swoop bike would have better chances, we have more reason to believe our information next work has been compromised then not. " He pursed his lips. "Still you do make a valid point, if there is a chance, it might be wise to take it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:33 am

Aran edged forward in his seat. "So you'll help? Between the two of us, I'm sure we'll find... something! And then we can decide what to do next."
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:05 am

"There isn't much I can do up here, but I can keep a eye open for anything out of place. Maybe if we can find something a bit odd aboard the vessel we can use it to find her location."

His lips quirked with a wry smile. "The only other plan would be try and find a club when we get back to the planet,she enjoys good music."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Aran rose to his feet eagerly. "You have a ship -- we can fly to the station right now! It's the main hub in and out of the system, so she almost certainly has agents there."

OOC: Dapper has told me it's 2eD+1eS Streetwise. Aran has 1eP+3eA and removes the setback. C-c-combo check?
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:39 pm

"It couldn't hurt to look into it." Zane replied, rising to his feet. "I'll fly us there as long as we can avoid the Mandolorian's. I'm not looking to get shot down."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Ooc: Yours to roll, if you want! I don't know your stats, but I expect you have more Streetwise and less Cunning, so we use the best of both?
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:01 pm

((Our pools are basically the same, cunning 4 streetwise one. You ignore a setback though, so you roll I'll add a boost.))

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 am

"I have a good feeling about this!" said Aran, sitting besides Z in the cockpit of the Three Drinks towards the station.

They applied shoe (and sandal) leather throughout the chaos of the battle-scarred station, trying to track down hints of the Clever Man and the mysterious woman...

Aran & Z look for a femme fatale, one setback removed with Street Smarts, boost from cooperation: 1eA+3eP+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

4 advantages! Use TBD.
Aran Enfas

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:34 am

OOC: Will get to this after combat.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Aran Enfas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:37 am

Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:45 am

"You have a lot of good feelings don't you?' Z quipped in return.

"But let's hope you are right about this one."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:41 am

They don’t find direct links but they see tell-tale signs of the Star Cabal in anonymous communications to the Republic and Resistance alerting them of threats to better prepare for the end game. They also find that although she was not on station there is an anonymous message left for Aran:

Nice working with you little Jedi, shame though that we may be enemies in the future. You are useful.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:33 am

"Seems like she likes you." Z mused as he looked back at the padawan. "Its not every day a attractive woman leaves you a note."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 am

Aran, for once, was speechless. Then, he seemed downcast.

"I don't know, Zee," he said, using the nickname for the first time, "I don't think she really wrote it." He bowed his head, reaching one hand up to cover his face. Then he slowly raised it, saying, "After all, she could have used a..." he switched the gesture of grief to adjusting his sun-shades, "ghost-writer."
Aran Enfas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:14 am

It was instinct mostly that caused Z's reaction, and lifting up a hand he slapped Aran on the back of the head. Hopefully it wouldn't send the kids sunglasses flying. No other reply was needed.

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics