Re: Cloud 9 (Day 11 Late Evening, Three drinks)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 am

"Which would make it a violation of the peace. Though not one we can easily lay at the Empire's door." Her expression resembles that of a person who's just bitten into something subtly unpleasant. "There's been other interference that will be easier to prove, at least. If the Empire is not prepared to give up on the peace just yet, the Republic may be able to wring some small advantages from all this mess." Tethys doesn't seem especially thrilled at the prospect.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 am

"I don't think they intend to give up on the peace just yet." Z offered leaning in to bump her shoulder with his. "Really though this is probably a bit too heavy for a night we are supposed to spend enjoying each others company."

He brought his glass to his lips for another sip, before moving to set it on the table and face her more fully. "I should instead reiterate the fact that you look beautiful tonight, and ask if you'd join me for the next dance."

His lips spread into a warm smile. "Would you grant me that honor, Tethys?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 am

"You're right." Her lips quirk wryly. "There will be endless days for sorting out what the Empire is up to now, but I only promised to dance with you one night. And I am glad we're both alive to keep the promise." She reaches over to set her own glass down next to his.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 am

"I'd say you only promised one date to me." He replied with a sly smile. "But that's just semantics." Rising to his feet he turned to offer her his hand. "Still thank you for accompanying me this evening, Tethys."

"i'm glad we're both alive for it, and I truly hope you enjoy it."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am

"I am fairly certain dancing was specified," she counters, letting him take her hand as she floats to her feet. "And I hope you will still maintain your positive attitude after I've stepped on your feet a few times."

The twinkle in her eyes suggests this is a joke. Probably.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:07 am

"A dainty lady like yourself? I'm sure my feet will feel like they've been kissed by a butterfly." He returned, mirth dancing behind his eyes.

Arriving at the make shift floor, he triggered the music to start as he took the lithe woman into his arms. "Really though, you dont need to worry, I'm experienced enough to support you, so just follow my lead, we'll start out slow."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:10 pm

"That I can manage. Probably." Her hands settle lightly at his shoulder and hip. Some intangible, non-physical sense of remoteness still hangs about her, though, almost as if the shape of her physical body has only a tangential connection with the energy that animates it.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:06 am

As they came in close a soft sigh escaped his lips as they formed into a frown. "Its no wonder you can't dance, Tethys. You're so very far away." Zane shifted stepping in a bit closer. "We'll have to start from here." He explained, as he started to lead her through the opening steps.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:50 am

"Hm?" Her brows draw together a bit as she does her best to follow the steps. "You're not the first one to criticize my lack of... immediacy? in this context." She's able to keep up at a basic level, though she occasionally drops half a beat behind or ahead
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:31 am

"I don't think that's quite what I meant." Z replied, trying to match his pace with hers as she slows or hurries. "It's more along the line of you holding yourself at a distance?" His lips pursed thoughtfully. "Like you're so faraway I can hardly feel you."

His lips spread in a warm smile. "We're dancing, you're supposed to be closer to me. I need to feel your excitement, your hesitations, your nervousness. If I can't I can read what you want... And you can't read me either."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:18 am

"I've spent many years trying to ensure those things dictate my actions as little as possible, you know," she points out, lips twitching. "It isn't the sort of thing you can easily turn on and off."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:36 am

"That's just because you lack practice, you push then away instead of learning control." Z replied. "Not that I'm suggesting you let them dominate you, that's the way of the Sith, and why I tend to call them a bunch on angst ridden teenagers." He continued with a teasing smile.

"But do what you must I'll try to enjoy this enough for the two of us." And with that he did, letting go a bit and letting the music take over, at least a little bit.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

"A distinction without a difference, I'm afraid," Tethys says, shaking her head just slightly. Nevertheless she inhales, exhales slowly--and, since she can't quite figure out how to telegraph the things he says he's looking for in the way that he wants, focuses on trying to read his cues instead. Though she senses motion and feeling as a Jedi would more than like an experienced dancer, so whether it's actually an improvement or not may be up for debate.

"Angst-ridden teenagers," she repeats, followed by a soft breath of ironic laughter. "I only wish it were so simple. If real teenagers had thirty years of experience and immense strength in the Force to back it... life in the galaxy wouldn't stand a chance." The line of her mouth flattens as this unpleasant thought intrudes on her dancing.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 am

"I'll humbly disagree." He replied with a slight smile. "But it's a topic best dropped." He did notice a bit of improvement, if you could call it that. "Now you feel like your tryinging to diagnose me." Z mused, letting his hand slide down her back as he dipped the jedi. "Can you be more organic, maybe start by trying to be absorbed in the music?" He asked as he lifted her back up to standing. "You shouldn't have to put any effort into it, just let it in."

"That's another topic we should save for later." It was nothing more then a distraction. "I shouldn't of brought it up.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 am

"I'm sorry," she says quickly, regaining her balance after the dip with a bit more fluidity than before. "Something happened today that... well. It might have been much worse. Very easily."

Music... is something she enjoys, but she knows her own habit is to listen for the mathematical elegance of intervals and rhythms, the patterns of harmonics, and she can tell that isn't quite what Zane is looking for. Nor her other recent dance partners, for that matter. The unconscious reaction he's asking for seems close to her state of mind when meditating or fighting--but on the other hand, at those times the distant abstraction that is apparently all wrong for partnered dancing is at its strongest.

"This is a tricky needle to thread," she murmurs, half to herself.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 am

The galaxy was full of terrible things lately, it almost seemed he walked into a new one every day. "Want to talk about it?" Z asked softly, dropping a note on concern into his tone.

He was a bit impressed that she regained her balance so fluidly and he offered her a encouraging smile. She still had leagues to go, but at least she seemed intent on finding the right direction. "It is, and probably a bit trickier for you then I." His eyes sought out hers. "What do you think I feeling from the music at the moment." He asked, bringing attention to the song in the background.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:52 am

"Hm. I am not sure if I do." Considering it puts Tethys back out of step for a few beats. "I feel rather a fool. A powerful Sith hiding in plain sight for months, and I didn't sense it... and, I am even less ready to train a padawan than I thought." She sighs softly, tries to recover her focus on the music and the steps.

"The music..." she listens for a few beats. "It has a melancholy edge. And a sensual one, of course... but as an answer to your question, that is almost too easy. The only time I've seen you not flirting was when Varad was bearing down on us."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 am

He gave her a reassuring squeeze of her hand as it was held in his. "That does sound pretty bad." He mused softly. "Well except that second part, I'm of the opinion that realizing you arent ready to help raise the next generation is a step in the direction of getting ready. If that makes any sense."

"As for a Sith Lord fooling you, I think that's what they are experts at... You can learn from that too."

"A good answer, Tethys. But, it's just the surface of what I'm feeling." Zane replied, trying to lead her focus back to the dance, he let his eyes drift towards hers. "If I really wanted to flirt, I'd be being a bit naughier right about now."

"No, the music excites me, its a bit sensual and there is a lovely woman in my arms. The melancholy bits remind me that these moments are fleeting, and I should enjoy them, and even more help you do the same. Which means as attracted to you as I might be, I should put that on hold and help you have a lovely evening instead." His lips curled into a slight smirk. "Even if you did step on my toes a few moments ago and didnt even notice."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 am

"Ahh... sorry about that." Tethys is generally too composed to blush, even if she didn't have her natural dark skin tone to conceal it, but she does look slightly sheepish. "I was thinking about... mmf. She was absolutely undetectable, not a ripple in the Force, even her appearance altered somehow. I don't know how to beat that."

She shakes her head, lets her eyes find his again. "So I am grateful for your consideration tonight. I'm not feeling particularly sharp." The outer corners of her eyes crinkle with laugh lines as she adds, "I would hate to have to fend you off in a way that was less than entertaining for both of us. And I am enjoying myself. It's quite possible to enjoy something without being good at it."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:50 am

"Its moments like this that make me call you cute, you know?" Z softly teased though most of his attention was on the later part of the conversation. "There are Jedi knights known as shadows, perhaps she is the Sith equivalent of those?" He asked after a moment of hesitation.

"True, and I had already came to the conclusion that the only kissing that would be done tonight, is the kiss you'll be giving me on the cheek for showing you such a wonderful evening." He was probably teasing. "I'm happy you're having fun though, but I do hope you improve, I do consider myself a pretty good teacher."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am

"No, I think Zash--that was her real name, Zash--is a scientist in a way, just as she claimed for her false identity. She's incredibly skilled at manipulating life energy. The Republic worlds are lucky she seems to have no real interest in warfare." Tethys shakes her head a little again, as if to clear it. "You're right, we don't need to talk about her now... I can't hear the music right when I think of it."

She takes another slow breath in and out and endeavors to re-center herself in the dance. "So. Tell me what to do next."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:44 am

The name was filed away, he might have to look into that later. But he needed to look into a lot of things. He smiled though, she hadn't out right denied the part about the kiss, which was a bit interesting in it's own right. "A lot of it is what we've been doing already in our meetings. Watching each other gauging reactions, dancing in a extension of that in my mind.

"So look into my eyes, feel the way I hold you, how the weight of my body shifts, and then try to form a connection to me. Much like I was telling you. The best pairs of dancers move as they're one being." He laughed lightly. "That's probably a lot to work through, so well concentrate on that first bit."

"Look into my eyes, and don't look away, don't worry for a moment where your feet are." He finished his voice soft and patient, as he matched his eyes to hers.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:04 am

"All familiar enough, yet it still feels as if you're asking me to unlearn everything I have learned from fencing," Tethys admits wryly. "If only for this one purpose."

She already has one kind of awareness of herself and her dancing partner, but it doesn't quite seem to be the right one. Maybe it would be easier if she had more training in communicating through the Force? Hard to say. Still, un-learning should be within a Jedi's repertoire. So she tries to do as advised, looking Zane intently in the eye without an ounce of self-consciousness--there's nothing she fears for him to read in her eyes, after all--and attempting to let the rest follow. Suddenly she thinks of swimming, coordinated movement that requires her to read and adjust to currents and waves.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:16 am

"Fencing is just a more aggressive form of dancing, at least to some. It's not so much relearning as seeing things from another direction. One with less violence involved." He offered with a playful smile

Swimming was probably a lot closer to what she needed to be thinking of, but it wasn't something Z would think of. Instead he met her eyes with his, with no intention of hiding anything himself. "Can you feel me breath?" He asked softly. "Not see it, but feel it through your fingertips?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 am

"Hm. In lightsaber fencing I had rather my partner can't read me," Tethy says, still a touch wry. "The alternative is... messier."

She considers his question for a few bars with an intent expression. "I can. Only just. It's hard when we're both moving..."
Tethys Carrack

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics