Re: Stranger Than Fiction [D12 ME, Three Drinks]

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Niall's eyebrows went up. "Of course, that's what you'd say if you were still trying to hide the real you, wouldn't you?" After a few moments of staring at him mock-suspiciously, Niall shook his head with a grin. "But I believe you." The effects of the alcohol on Niall were growing more obvious, his movements growing looser, even if his speech remained as precise as ever.

He straightened, just a little, still leaning against the bar. "I hope to be back soon." He said, his tone serious. "I plan on going back to Alderaan first, but not just for personal matters. I hope to encourage the government to offer aid to Bankor. If that works out, I could be back here within a month of the war ending." He sighed. "It was Lyseil's idea, actually. Or at least she had it independently."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 pm

That brought a soft laugh from Zane's lips. "That is exactly what I would say if I hiding things." He agreed with a playful smile. "Still thanks for believing me." It really did mean quite a bit.

"Oh? Going to encourage some sort of agreements between the two planets?" Z shook his head. "Seems like you have quite a bit of work ahead of you. But I suppose the same goes for most of us. Oh, I did talk to this nice young chiss named Teffa, you might have a chat. She is looking for work, and maybe can help with this? She is pretty personable."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 pm

"Of course." Niall said, raising his glass. "To my worst friend." The warmth of his smile took any possible sting out of Niall's words, making it clear he was joking. He took a generous sip of the slightly sweet mystery alcohol.

"Oh, yes." Niall agreed, blinking and bobbing his head. "There's always more to do, isn't there? I may involve Jax. I trust him when he says he intends to stay clean from now on. And there's a certain justice in him helping to haul supplies to help Bankor."

His eyebrows went up. "Teffa, you say? I believe I met her briefly. She helped convince me to buy my cape." His lips quirked. "She seems rather like your type. What is it she does?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm

"I'll toast to that." Z offered with a warm smile, raising his own glass before taking a sip.

"As long as Jax isn't required to be discreet he is a pretty good pilot." Z offered with a half smile. "He should be good at hauling freight, and from what I've seen Azura is a good shot too. It would be nice for the pair to give back a little more to Bankor. Jax still doesn't really think what he did was all that wrong though, so be careful of that."

"My type?" He raised an eyebrow. 'Are you trying to say I should date her?" There was a teasing smile on z's face as he continued. "but yeah, her. She has a ship, and is willing to run Cargo, seems to be a bit interested in investigation too. Want's to learn the roped I think. As for what she is good at? Talking to people. She's a fairly charming lady."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

"Hmmm." Niall frowned, fingers tapping on his glass. "Smuggling is something I'm willing to let go, so long as other people aren't hurt by it. During the war against the Sith, it was often independent smugglers and their tricks that were able to evade Sith blockades. Obviously, this time, people were hurt. I think Jax didn't realize what he was getting into. A failure of judgement rather than character." He chuckled softly. "Something I'm not surprised by."

He frowned. "Azura, though... she concerns me a bit more. I hope she reflects a little more on what she did, and not just how other people reacted to it."

"You aren't already?" Niall said dryly. "I'm surprised you didn't give me an estimation of her dancing." He shook his head slowly. "But yes. I should be pleased to meet her. That sounds like exactly the sort of thing we're looking for. Would you set it up?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Z thought it was closer to a bit of both, it was easy to put together where those weapons came from if JaX had been really interested. He let it go though, not reason to continue that line of conversation. Niall knew what he was doing. '"Well, you know what you're doing."

Z took a moment to observe the man to make sure he wasn't swaying. this might be the last drink of the night for Niall. "We can hope, but i'm not counting on it. I think her main concern is Jax and little else."

His lips quirked into a wry smile at that. "I already did, she's expect a call from you." He shook his head. 'As for the other thing, I can't dance with everyone here, I don't have enough time for that. Someone has been trying to keep me busy after all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm

An Alderaanian noble was taught to have proper poise, elegance, and diction. Niall seemed to be able to only handle two of the three of those. His speech never faltered, but that was only because he'd had lots of practice giving orders under less than ideal conditions. And his posture seemed okay, but he was clearly leaning quite heavily against the bar. Any motions he made betrayed a certain lack of grace.

"Yes." He agreed. "That was my assessment as well. Perhaps if he stays on the straight and narrow, so will she." His lips quirked. "As long as she doesn't kill him for looking at other women."

"Is she?" Niall blinked, mildly surprised. His mind was working a little slowly... "Very well. Perhaps I'll talk to her. Tomorrow, I think. I don't think she'd be impressed with me tonight." He laughed softly. "And someone has to keep you busy, Z. Otherwise I think you would dance with everyone. You even danced with me. Sometimes..." He shook his head, dismissing the words. Sometimes he was jealous of the way Zane seemed to have with women, but Niall felt that was unworthy of him. "We should find someone for you to settle down with." He said instead.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Z casually played with the idea of pushing him over, but that really wasn't what friends did. Even if it would be funny. So instead he brought his glass to his lips in another small sip.

"Lyseil gave him a bit of advice about that. I'm still not quite sure he'll listen. But we'll see. Maybe he'll take my advice and retire to farming in Dantooine. It could add a few more years to his life."

"Oh, I think she might be a bit impressed, but we should likely save it tomorrow anyways. His lips curled into a smirk. "Will keep you from sending her pictures of you in a swimsuit." He raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't dance with everyone, just most of the pretty girls and maybe some of the boys."

"You want me to settle down though? Any ladies that come to mind?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 am

That made Niall laugh. "Right. That's what happened the last time I had too much alcohol here, isn't it?" He sighed in pleasant reminiscence. "Well, if you don't think she'd be impressed by that, we'll wait until tomorrow."

Niall's face became deeply thoughtful. "I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps... someone who's nice, and kind, but also knows how to have a bit of fun. A sense of adventure. I think both sides are important." He nodded, a little unsteady.

Niall sighed. "I should probably turn in early. It's been a long day... a long couple of days." He made a face. "And I've had rather a lot to drink, you know."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 am

"She might be, but she might just try and drag you into her bed, so it's best to be cautious and wait for tomorrow." Teffa hadn't seemed that type exactly but you couldn't be certain.

That description brought a few faces to mind, most of which he wouldn't mention to Niall, but nevertheless he nodded. "I'll keep that in mind, if and when I get to looking. Though I should probably add patience to that list to."

"Quiet a bit." Z confirmed. "Want one of my droids to help you along?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:49 am

"Is that so?" Niall said, smirking. "I've had enough that I'd almost let her." Not really, of course.

"Right!" Niall nodded. "Patience. I can't believe I forgot that one. Someone who can handle your sense of humor. I never did pay you back for that stunt with the Wookiee game. T7 was busy..." He shook his head sadly.

Pursing his lips, Niall considered the question. "Perhaps that would be for the best." He said deliberately. "Ah... so long as they're gentle. I shouldn't like to be manhandled very much right now, I think."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 am

He looked Niall over. "You liked the wookie game, you just need to admit it..." His lips quirked into a smile. "I am curious how many of the people I sent that message too actually played though."

"Did you use the mating rules?" He'd probably read through that part of the book thrice.

"M is plenty gentle." Z offered, beckoning for the tall robot, formally some kind of droid for manual labor. "He'll see you home safely and tuck you into bed too if you want to."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Niall shook his head firmly. "I did not use the mating rules. Nor did I use any of the mating subsections in any of the other chapters, I run a clean game, thank you very much." In the morning, Niall might regret talking about this, but at the moment he didn't.

"Very well." He almost swept M a bow, but wisely changed his mind, inclining his head instead. "M, I am at your disposal." He looked back to Z. "Thank you for a pleasant evening, Z. And for telling me some of your story."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm

That was an amusing piece of information. Not only had Niall played, he had run a game. Well, he'd have to remember that bit for the future. "Still, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

Niall did receive a bow from M, as the droid stepped in to offer the other man his shoulder. "We'll have you home safe and sound, Captain!" M offered in a chipper modulated tone.

"No problem, Niall. I'll see you tomorrow." Zane said cheerfully.

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics