Re: Gambling? I'm in! (D13, EE, Three Drinks)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:28 am

"Do what you need to do." Z offered dismissively, engaged in making drinks, though he did turn his eyes towards Garth. "Are you sure you won't take me upon borrowing something?" He probably wasn't really trying to set Garth up with Sabine. they hadn't even really met apparently.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Feeling a little pressured in the social situation, Garth conceded to Zane's prodding.

"Ah guess, maybe a jacket? If ya're handing out outfits..."
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm

"Give it a try." Niall said encouragingly. "It'll make Zane happy. He does enjoy playing dress-up." Niall flashed Z a quick smile. Of course, he was hardly one to talk there.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

"Thanks for volunteering to help him find a jacket, Niall." Zane offered with a smile, Niall seemed interested too after all.

"There is a couple in the closet, and Sabine should still be in the refresher." Unless she took two minutes showers...
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Lyseil felt a twitch as Sabine said she was going for a trip in the refresher.

Wait, when did this turn into dress-up hour? Oh well, it was going to be amusing to see Garth in a suit.

"Almost feels like this is turning into a runway show," she joked, shooting a grin in Tethys' direction.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Sabine didn't hear the rest of the conversation as she showered, dooming the refresher. She tried to be quick, and she was, stepping in her new dress. "Sorry for the wait all."
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm

"Well Sabine,you look pretty as a picture." Zane complemented the Mandolorian woman with a smile as she reentered the room. She really didn't clean up half bad.

"Almost." Zane replied with a smile at Lyseil. "Sadly though I don't have anything hiding in my closet for Tethys." She had already gotten her dress a few days before. The drinks were almost done and he glanced towards the table.

"So what were you all thinking for stakes. Credits? Or something else?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Niall raised an eyebrow at that. "I feel as though the stakes should be low, regardless. Friendly." The eyebrow went a little higher. "I'm not sure what else you had in mind, Zane." He said, a hint of wariness in his tone.

Smiling, he bowed when Sabine emerged, wearing her dress. "You look wonderful, sergeant." He assured her. He suddenly remembered the outfit she'd worn to the concert, and wondered if he could get one in Aly's size... if things worked out, of course.
Niall Organa

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"There is a couple in the closet, and Sabine should still be in the refresher." Unless she took two minutes showers...

The first few jackets Garth tried on were a little tight around the chest and shoulders, pinching in uncomfortable and unflattering ways.

After a few minutes he found something suitable in a slightly older, well worn black leather then returned to the party.
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:09 am

"Wow, you should dress up more often, Sabine!" Though I hate to think of what the refresher looks like now... Hmm... nah, I'm not going to warn Z about that. Maybe I can catch his reaction instead later. Heh. Lyseil grinned. "A few more touches, we might send you in for a ball on Alderaan."

Garth likewise was given a smile and compliments as he returned. "Looking sharp, Garth!" she giggled. "You should dress up more often too."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 am

"Many thanks fer yer kindness ma'am." Garth replied to Lyseil, masking his discomfort with southern charm.

For all that he now looked like he belonged, he still didn't feel like it.
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:33 am

While all the costume changes and drink recipes are in motion, Tethys is propping up a wall--something she does with the ease of long experience--and watching it all with a slight smile. "The man makes the clothes more than the clothes make the man," she comments to Garth in her low, clear voice. "Or woman," with a quirk of her eyebrow as she glances at Sabine.

"I have nothing more exotic than credits to wager, and not a great many of those," she adds in answer to Zan's question. "But I don't fear to risk them, unless you want to play for simple counter chits." That really doesn't seem like his style, though. Or so she guesses.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:37 am

"An old fashioned for you, my friend." Zane said as he sat a drink in front of Garth on the table. "And a bit of cactus juice for Sabine." He passed a glass towards the woman in orange.

"As for the rest up you, a round of surprises. Take your pick." He finished placing their three drinks on the table. One green, one pink, and the last blue.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:49 am

"Credits we can do. I remember in school, we'd play pazaak with truth or dare-rules, but that might be too embarrassing tonight..."

While green was her favorite color, Lyseil decided to be a little predictable to outward appearances and chose pink. Besides, pink combined very well with green!

"Now I'm curious what you've made," she chuckled and carefully took in the scent of the beverage before taking the first sip.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 am

"My duty seems clear." Niall said. He picked up the blue one; that was the color of the Republic, after all. "Cheers." He said, lifting it in a toast, before taking a generous sip.
Niall Organa

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:52 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"The man makes the clothes more than the clothes make the man," she comments to Garth in her low, clear voice. "Or woman," with a quirk of her eyebrow as she glances at Sabine.

Accepting the drink from Zane, Garth raises it slightly to Tethys in acknowledgment of the compliment.

"Ah got creds and no shame, so either works fer me." He contributes to the discussion before sipping at his drink.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 am

The pink drink as some might of predicted was a cosmopolitan, perhaps to the horror of the lady that picked it. The other two though were a tiny bit stranger. Niall ended up with a frostbite, which left Tethys with a Death in the Afternoon.

"Well, if not credits I was thinking about time." Zane offered with a slight smile. "We bet in minutes and the winners gain that much time from the loser. For running errands, chores things of that nature. We keep track with who lost what to who with pieces of paper."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 am

Niall's lips quirked. "So, you're saying I could have people who do my bidding?" Niall Organa of House Organa, noble of Alderaan, and ranking officer of the Republic Military, asked. "How intriguing." He said dryly.

Cheerfully, he shrugged. "I'm just here to play. Whatever the rest of you like, I'll go along with." He sipped the blue drink, his eyebrows going up a little. "Very good, as always, Z." He lifted the glass in a salute to his friend.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:06 am

"I'm saying you would very well have to do people's bidding." Zane teased. "I've always been curious about how good you are at laundry."

This was followed by a shrug. "But I'm fine with credits too if that's the preference."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:10 am

I should have known... once again the Cosmopolitan had fooled Lyseil with its cutesy pink color scheme! It wasn't that she disliked sour or bitter tastes, but the Cosmopolitan was always an unpleasant surprise when you were expecting something completely different.

"Hmmm... so Niall would have to do my work if I win? Ohoho~!" Lyseil laughed dramatically for fun. "It would be nice to not have to do all the paperwork that's stacking up now before the operation here can be wrapped up completely."

Such smugness. Much princess.

"I like the sound of that."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:24 am

Garth wasn't confident of his chances of winning, but surely he could outplay a few of those here and wouldn't end up owing too much indentured time to anyone.

"Sure, ah'm in. Any of y'all a handy mechanic?" He asked as he took a seat at the table.
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:33 am

Tethys listens to the negotiation over stakes with composed amusement, meanwhile giving the bubbly green liquid a quizzical look. The color reminds me a little of kolto.

"I'm only a passable one. But a better mechanic than a card-player," she says, lips twitching as she slides into a seat.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:46 am

"Seems that makes three for betting time then." Zane offered as he brought his own drink to the table and took a seat between Lyseil and Sabine, might as well have a lovely lady on each arm. Especially since their numbers were even.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:25 am

Lyseil rose an eyebrow at Z's tactical seating but said nothing on it apart from a brief smirk. She shuffled the deck of cards a few times before passing them to the host who was more of a pro when it came to shuffling and dealing.

"Betting money among friends just seem... strange?" She toyed with her pendant, as she just had a worried feeling she might end up gambling that away. Just like someone else had been worried about their hat.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:44 am

Niall, too, raised an eyebrow at Z's seating choice, but likewise made no comment. Not even a smirk. Still, for whatever reason, they seemed to be alternating between men and women. With a flourish of his cape, Niall sat between Sabine and Tethys, briefly murmuring acknowledgement to both as he sat.

He took another sip of his drink, but only a small one. He didn't intend to have much tonight.
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics