Re: Gambling? I'm in! (D13, EE, Three Drinks)

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:10 am

Which left Garth situated between Lyseil and Tethys. It was at that point he realized that all his good luck had just manifested itself in one fell swoop.

He wouldn't be winning many hands tonight.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:19 am

Z almost commented about how Niall stole Garths seat, but decided against it. He'd just have to accept the fact that the other man was a little dull. Though it did seem Garth was pleased with the seating arrangement.

"Let's say we all start with 120 minutes?" Z asked, as he began to make little paper markers to serve as chips. "You can always rebuy in if you lose them all."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:25 am

Lyseil gave a smile to Garth. It was only proper to do so to the one sitting next to her, after all.

"That sounds fair." She grinned as she looked over to Sabine. "Seems the guys already conspired to keep is from teaming up. I was thinking we could get one of them to clean up your side of the room." It was the usual banter between those two.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:35 am

"So long as ah don't haveta get anywhere near that refresher. Had enough latrine duty over th' course o" mah short career." Garth confesses as he throws in his 5 minute ante.
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:09 am

"I would not have guessed starfighter pilots pull latrine duty often," Tethys says, raising a quizzical eyebrow as she arranges her paper slips. Briefly, she contemplates whether discharging an obligation to clean other people's refreshers would be a selfish use of the Force. Probably, alas.

"The opening bet is five minutes, then? Or is that too miserly a pot?"
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 am

Sabine listened. "Thank you sergeant... Lyseil." She smiled, then shrugged. "Clothes may not make the woman, but a good set of armor does wonders." She let out a laugh and drank some of her shine.

"I am fine with time." Of course, she knew most everyone would regret asking Sabine doing any chores... especially Lyseil.

"Well, what can we do in five minutes, I'd ask?"
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:37 am

"Dance." Zane offered with a small smile. "You don't have to spend your minutes on chores. I'd imagine as long as each party is fine with it, it can be all kinds of things." His lips curled into a light smirk. "Though I'd hope it all was kept clean."

He pitched in his own 5 minutes as he anted in. "We don't want the bets too high, it's not like we want the game over in twenty minutes."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:41 am

"Right." Niall said with a smirk. "Have any of you seen me dance? I'm worried that you'd be rather disappointed."

Actually, some of them had, of course. With a sigh, Niall tossed in his five minute ante.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 am

"Yeah but the holovid of yer efforts will fetch a fortune t' the right bidder." Garth replied with a devious smile.
Garth Wayne

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:02 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"I would not have guessed starfighter pilots pull latrine duty often," Tethys says, raising a quizzical eyebrow as she arranges her paper slips.

"Not most of 'em, but before ah was serving under Tenant Chase, ah didn't have the best of records for...what's the opposite of insubordination? Is it just subordination?" Garth seemed flummoxed already, this wasn't going well.
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 am

"Now, Niall, you've improved a lot since we danced as teenagers."

Lyseil laughed and tossed in her 5-minute ante to start the game. "Hmm... maybe I'll get someone to give me a massage," somehow she managed to say that with s completely straight-faced innocence.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:39 am

"You'll likely need one, if you plan to wear those heels all day." Z offered with a light chuckle, picking up his chip to take a sip. "And anyways Niall, you might not be asked for dancing. Sabine could request you put on a swimsuit and flex for five minutes." After a few drinks he might just accept too.

"As for me, I think I'd like someone to mix me drinks... Or maybe do some of my ironing." He paused thoughtfully. "Dishes might not be so bad either."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:45 pm

"Ahhh..." Niall shot a glance at Garth, and then at Sabine. "Let's not get too carried away, here. Although I'll comply with reasonable requests, of course."

He flashed a quick smile at Lyseil. "That's very kind of you to say. I suppose at the very least, I'm more careful with my feet."

Inwardly, Niall resigned himself to losing. An officer performing this sort of task was actually pretty good for morale.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Now that everyone had anted in, it was times to start dealing, and Z picked up the cards to do just that. with a flair that suggested this was far from his first time dealing cards, and that he might of even done it a while professionally. "The first bet goes to the lady on my right." Z offered, glancing as Lyseil.

"Shall she stay, or shall she raise, lets see how much confidence she has."

((No rolling so we can probably decide who wins arbitrarily))

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:41 pm

Lyseil had confidence in spades!

Even with a meh hand.

"I'll raise," she said with a smug smile, adding to the pot.

---

OOC: Lyseil is just 3 green for playing (Deception), so she's probably not going to win. :D
Last edited by Lyseil Panteer on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:13 am

"The lady is confident." Z said with a smirk, as he glanced towards Garth. Curious if the pilot would be equally as daring.

Bringing his glass to his lips, he took a sip. Looking over the order of play. Lyseil, Garth, Tethys, Niall, Sabine then him. It seemed he had something of advantage. Tgat is if players in a hurry didnt shift the order.

((OOC))
Z IS 4P if he decides not to play fair. If he's playing it straight he isnt too good.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:56 am

((GGY for Cool))

Garth decided it was too early in the night to play tight so he conservatively matched Lys's bet.

"Sure, ya never win a race without takin' a few risks."
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:21 am

Tethys, meanwhile, is practicing non-attachment to her little paper slips, so whether or not she's confident in her cards, she follows along in calling the bet.

((Regardless of which pool she plays with it's still nothing but 2G :P ))
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:49 am

After considering a moment, Niall followed the last few examples.

((2g2y))
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:51 am

((Assuming Sabine bets to move things along))

"A bunch of calls, no raises?" Z raised an eyebrow as he looked over the group.

"Well I fold." He said simply as he placed down the cards. Sabacc was a rather simple game after all, and much of the betting happened in the first pass. Now was the time for the cards to be turned over, and perhaps some would end up a bit surprised as Niall came out the victor. "Well Played, Niall." Zane said with a easy smile,before passing the deck to Lyseil. It was her turn to deal

((Used stats to randomly determine a winner... It was just barely Niall.))

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:05 am

Lyseil was realising a bit more that it was harder to keep track of the game when there a lot more players than just two. Or just a computer.

"Right," she sipped her drink and shuffled the deck. "Beginner's luck, Niall, or did you pick up some experience with cards on Nar Shaddaa?" Lyseil mused as she dealt the cards.

Not losing to Niall again!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:35 am

Niall took a sip of his drink, his grey eyes glinting as he looked across the table. "It's possible that I've played a few times before." He said, with the same obvious false innocence as before.

Setting it down, Niall resolved to make sure to lose the next couple of hands.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:01 am

"You never know, the captain might be a secret card shark." Zane offered with a laugh, taking the cards as they were dealt his way and anteing in.

"Officers usually have circles for this sort of thing after all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:05 am

"Hmmm..." Lyseil looked added in her ante, giving her own hand a thoughtful look. "That better not be what everyone else has been doing while I've been working... but it wouldn't surprise me."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:52 am

Niall gently shook his head. "No, it was for Nar Shaddaa. I knew I was going when I was still finishing up my PT, which meant a lot of time resting in between running on treadmills. I did my best to study up on things I thought I might need. That meant brushing up on my Huttese... and learning a few games of chance."

The part that required keeping a straight face, well, that was all from politics, of course.
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics