Re: Gambling? I'm in! (D13, EE, Three Drinks)

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:19 am

“Any ideas yet for what you’ll have Lyseil do, captain?” She smirked and put in her ante again, seemingly uncaring.

(3 lg)
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:52 am

There was just the slightest compression of Niall's lips to indicate how awkward he currently found that question.

Niall smirked. "Perhaps you'd do better to worry about what I'll have you do, sergeant. I'll have to come up with something outside of your normal duties. Otherwise it would be far too uninteresting."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:55 am

Tethys shrugs one shoulder at the loss, then samples her green drink again as she puts in the next ante. She's certainly expressionless enough for a game of bluff and chance... but unfortunately that doesn't come paired more than a shallow understanding of the game.

"What the time is good for depends on how many increments you're owed," she says with cool amusement as she sets down her glass. "Five minutes is a cup of caf. An hour leaves more scope for creativity."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:00 am

Lyseil hid her grin (mostly) behind her Cosmopolitan, stifling the urge to make a very inappropriate joke about what one could do with five minutes.

"I wonder how a jedi would get creative in that regard," the princess mused in return with bubbly interest to mirror Tethys natural cool.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 am

"If you want to find out," Tethys replies, one corner of her lips quirking ever so slightly, "you will have to hope I hit a run of good luck."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:29 am

Niall raised one eyebrow. "I would argue that creativity is more the issue than time. I've certainly met people for whom an hour would just mean extra drudgery. And then, on the other hand, I've known some who could make five minutes a very enjoyable time indeed." The particular phrasing of that caught up with him. Especially spotting Lyseil's smile. Niall fought back one of his own, and only resisted kicking her under the table because he figured he'd have about a forty-percent chance of hitting Z or Garth by mistake.

He cleared his throat, narrowly avoiding a blush. "I leave it to each of you to decide which one of those categories I fall into." He said, sorting out his cards.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:46 am

Z folded again, leaving the pot too the others at the table, and perhaps to the pleasure of Niall, he didn't win again. Lysiel came away the victor of the second hand.

Zane looked around the table, a mischievous smile on his lips. "If you like I could tell stories of a few things I've done in five minutes." He brought his drink to his lips to take a sip. "I mean I'm sure we all agree that more time is better, but sometimes you have to make do with what you have to work with."

"Looks like it's your deal, Niall." He offered casually, as he anted in again.

((Just trying to make things run more smoothly for banter. If you don't post you fold, I'll roll as if you bet every so often.))
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:15 am

Garth muttered something under his breath about Alderaanian luck as he took another slug of his drink.

"Some of us ain't got as much t' work with as you thpugh Zane." Garth retorted good naturedly as he prepared for the next hand.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:20 am

Lyseil was predictably mighty proud of her little victory.

"Oho~, maybe I should have Garth do my packing for me? It would save my time to do something else..." she mused aloud, maybe deciding to tease him a little for the remark about Alderaanian luck.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:25 am

Sabine just laughed. "Makes it all the more fun." She seemed to be enjoying herself. "Beware captain, who knows what Z might want to do with you..."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Garth Wayne » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Lyseil Panteer wrote:Lyseil was predictably mighty proud of her little victory.

"Oho~, maybe I should have Garth do my packing for me? It would save my time to do something else..." she mused aloud, maybe deciding to tease him a little for the remark about Alderaanian luck.

Garth lifts his almost empty glass in salute to Lys.

"Would be mah pleasure, but ya really should be careful t' whom y' offer access to yer delicates Sarge." He laughs long and loud at his own little joke.
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Well, that line backfired spectacularly at her, as Lyseil tried to hide her flustered face by taking a big gulp from her drink.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Zane smirked, turning his eyes to Sabune. "Are you trying to suggest I might want to show the Captain just how much more I have to work with, Sergeant Bootylicious?" Z asked with a raised eyebrow as he brought his drink to his lips.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Niall's mouth opened... and then shut. Certain things just shouldn't be touched. Figuratively, of course. Niall shook his head, dealing out the cards.

"Am I the only one who is hoping that Tethys has a run of luck? I'd like to see what a Jedi has to do with an hour of someone else's time." His lips quirked. "Although in my experience... well, I wouldn't say there's no such thing as luck. But it has a rather limited role." Having dealt, he picked up his own cards, putting in his bet.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Lyseil giggled at Niall's reaction.

"Weeeell, there is a huge factor of luck in it, in determining the order of cards. It is random numbers in card-distribution, unless you're stacking the deck, captain?" she grinned.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Niall let his eyebrows go up rather primly. "Captain Alderaan doesn't stack the deck." He let a moment pass, and then added "Besides, he never properly learned how."

Once more, he shifted the cards in his hand a bit. "And please, let's drop ranks for the evening. Everyone's equal around the sabacc table."
Niall Organa

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 am

Garth folds his hand early this time after wasting another 5 minute chip.

"Anyone else for a refill?" He asks as he rises to his feet.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:35 am

"You can get me one if you like, Garth" Zane offered with a smile. "Know what I'm drinking?" The round proceeded with Garth folding, and Zane winning the pot quite handily. apparently he had decided he liked his chance this go around. Or maybe he just wanted to tease Niall a little.

"It seems I've got a few of your minutes now Niall." Z offered with a teasing smile.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:54 am

The game seemed a lot more fun this way when there were more people involved, Lyseil noticed.

"If you know how to make a gin & tonic, Garth, I'd appriciate it," she added to the order for drinks, and sipped down the last of the Cosmopolitan.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:40 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"You can get me one if you like, Garth" Zane offered with a smile. "Know what I'm drinking?" The round proceeded with Garth folding, and Zane winning the pot quite handily. apparently he had decided he liked his chance this go around. Or maybe he just wanted to tease Niall a little.

"Ain't surprises th' order of th' day Zane?" Garth replied a little wickedly as he scrolled through a drinks list on his datapad before he heard Lyseil speak up.

Lyseil Panteer wrote:"If you know how to make a gin & tonic, Garth, I'd appreciate it," she added to the order for drinks, and sipped down the last of the Cosmopolitan.

"Can't be too hard right?" He mumbled to himself, although when the drink came out it was a little stronger than standard.

And Zane's surprise ended up being something hopefully not too far from his normal tastes...
Garth Wayne

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:44 am

"Nothing for me, thanks." Niall said. "If this was after the festivities, perhaps. But I need to be awake and aware for those."

Niall returned a smirk for Z's smile. "Right, laundry was it? Throw everything in on hot, ties and all, right? Add plenty of bleach?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:58 am

"I suppose I can take a surprise." Z replied with a soft laugh, as he said it seemed to be the order of the day.When the drink came over he'd offer Garth a smile. "Thanks, I'm fairly certain I'll like this one." It at least looked like a passable version of the drink.

Niall's comment caused Z to grin. "You think I'd let you off with just laundry, Niall? It's kitchen work for you,I've got a while stack of vegetables for you to prepare."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 am

"I'm up for a refill Garth." She snorted. "Come on captain, show us how they cook on Alderaan..." She elbowed him with gusto. "Want me to tell you how to prepare a proper roasted steak, as we did it on the battlefield? If you tune a blaster juuuuuuuuuust right you can use it to sear off some of the fat."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:30 am

Niall grimaced, shaking his head. "If you like. But I'm afraid I'm not an especially good cook. I went right from one academy to the next, and then into the service. I've scarcely even lived on my own in that time. Just a little bit as a senior cadet back on Coruscant, in a shared apartment with three others. But that was only one year." Still... he did have a few dishes he knew how to prepare. Maybe it would be fun to break them out again.

"Really?" Niall gave Sabine a smile. "That does sound like a neat trick. I think I may want you to show me that." His lips quirked. "Now, could people stop calling me captain? I'd like to be just Niall for two hours, if the rest of you don't mind."
Niall Organa

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:44 am

Garth couldn't remember what Sabine had, it was obviously small quantity and very potent by the size of the glass.

Picking a bottle at random, it seemed to be some sort of imported rum. With a shrug, he topped up Sabine's glass and handed it back with a smile.
Garth Wayne

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics