[Day 10 - Early Afternoon] Space, The Final Front?

Postby Teffa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:25 am

Teffa had been hoping that they would go elsewhere beyond the humid jungles and was surprised to hear that the next front would be in space. Thankfully, Arbee had been off-screen doing maintenance to get the Trunk into flying shape to join the others without too much incident. There was still that rattling loose panel by the radiator that was still concerning, however. Once parked safely, Teffa went about to scope out the fancy interior of the Republic ship. The observation deck was worth pausing and staying for a while, kicking up her feet and watch the vastness of space before it was likely filled with an inevitable battle.
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Re: [Day 10 - Early Afternoon] Space, The Final Front?

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:17 pm

"Teffa." Zanebry greeted the Chiss woman with a warm smile, as he came across her on the observation deck. "It's been quite a while, I hope you've been well?" He had been meaning to talk to the woman more often, but it seemed like their paths hardly ever crossed.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 am

Teffa straightened in her seat and dropped her feet from its resting place as she was called by Zanebry. "Hey! It's been a while...except not really. I was at that party you ran a while back. The turnout was pretty good and you had quite a crowd going. I hope nobody was haggling you about the two drink limit?" Because I might have given them the idea.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 am

"Well, the two drink limit wasn't really my rule. So not much I could do about it... Not that I could really manage to provide all you can drink to everyone there." He smiled slightly and shook his head. "Though I'd be a liar if I didn't say I arranged a few extra for friends."

"I would of done the same for you if you wanted. Though I suppose if you ever wanted to collect on that you could just stop by my ship."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 am

"Right, you might be generous but you're not a complete charity case. I just also figured it was probably to make sure nobody gets and ideas or rowdy too." Teffa smirked and gave a slow nod of her head. "I'm not a drink connoisseur but I'll be more than willing to take free stuff thrown at my direction. With the party out of the way, how about you been doing, Berry?

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:52 am

"Bored mostly." Zane offered with a small shrug. "Most of my workload has vanished, and there really hasn't been many places to explore over the last few days." He paused thoughtfully, something he'd missed passing through his head. Not that it would likely be much help at this point.

"I think I just need to find more things to do."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:52 pm

"If you're still paying you for your time here, being bored is probably a good problem to have." She smirked as she got comfortable in her seat and pulled up one of her legs on the seat to sit very casually. "But, yeah, I think I know what you're getting at all too well. There's a military meeting, I hear, and spaceships flighting out. It doesn't leave much room for us here at the moment. We either have to sit on our hands or cause trouble."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:20 pm

"That's the long and the short of it." Zane replied as he took a seat across from her, though nowhere near as casually. "I'm no fighter pilot, so I really have no place in space combat." Stuff like that was for the professionals.

"But as you said, it's not too bad, as long as we're getting paid." He looked her over for a moment. "You ever find any of those businesses opportunities you were interested in by the way?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:49 pm

The Chiss gave an anxious chuckle when she was asked that question and let out a disappointed sigh, "Sorry...I guess I haven't been trying as hard to look for customers. I thought I had a hook with Doctor Ormont, seeing how much drinking he was doing on the side, but it seems he's someone who needs more than a drink. I don't know if he's particularly picky either, so maybe some of that Correllian would be better used going to some noble or officer."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:26 pm

"Sadly most of it went to the party, I'm down to my own supplies for the time being." His lips quirked into a half smile. "I should of told you about that, my apologies."

"Doctor Ormont does seem like the type to be a repeat customer, I want aware he was an addict though." He pursed his lips thoughtfully as he stored away that tidbit of information. "Like you said likely best not to sell to him, if he continues down that road he will lose his license one day. It would be regrettable to be involved in that."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:40 am

"Oh, that solves that," she said in realization. "That's fine, I suppose it would have been upsetting if I did have a buyer line up. It worked out, more or less. You probably don't have those credits in your pocket but you're at least richer in friends. I'm sure they must know you around here as the guy who bought everyone drinks of the good stuff."

"I don't know if he's an addict..." She corrected herself carefully. "I just know that he takes a sip of it here and there. I doubt he does it during his job, it doesn't look like he's looking to get kicked in out of his job. He's in it for the long run. Strapped in for a long ride."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 am

"Yeah, I should of told you sooner." He shook his head. "It was a bit spur of the moment though." He offered her a smile, and pulled out a flask, offering it in her direction. "I've kept a little bit around though, for personal consumption."

"Mmmm." He nodded at that, the Doctor wasn't really a man Z understood, and honestly it was probably better that way. "Well, I'll trust you on that, as I did a bit of jumping to conclusions."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:11 am

Teffa raised her brows at the offered flask at first and then gingerly took it, taking a sip from it before offering it back to Berry. "Thanks! So do you think they'll see a bunch of us loitering around here and give us the boot once they realize they don't need volunteers like us? I don't think it's a smooth cruise from here but it looks like the Republic have this wrapped up to me. They got the Mandos off the planet, now they just need to sweep them off the lawn. The Republic pretty much has this in the bag, don't they?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 pm

"Well, as long as they get this whole shooting asteroids at the planet thing taken care of." It was a rather large hurdle after all. "It seems like the Mandolorian's are on their last leg after all."

"I suppose that's when someone can be the most dangerous though." He continued with a soft frown.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 pm

"Oh, I'm sure people are pretty desperate when the going gets tough and that's probably two-fold when it comes to the Mandalorians. At least there aren't towns or village who they can bother anymore, just the Republic and them. There's less to do around here but I'm glad to be out of the jungle at least." She said as she folded her hands, putting them behind her head. "What's so important that they can't just leave and find somewhere else to harass?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:14 pm

"Don't remind he about that jungle. I still have no idea why we even went there." Zane replied with a shake of his head. The place had been atrocious, and full of monks and cannibals. Maybe they could use the mass driver to drop a asteroid on it? That would be fun.

"These are Mandolorians, I'm sure it's the principal of the thing or something. Honor demands it, or something along those lines. Just giving up would be admitting defeat, and that's not something they can do."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:00 pm

Cannibals? Good thing Teffa missed that particular memo about the place but that might have prevented her from going out to get sick in the first place. She gave a nod along regarding the Mandalorians, which dawned to her that if she had so many questions about the particular campaign, why didn't she just attend the briefing and ask the dumb questions there?

"Once this dinner and show is over, do you have any new ideas where you might go next? I figured the Republic will go back to doing Republic stuff, that just leaves the rest of the free agents to bugger off."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:44 am

"I'm pretty open honestly, I've got no particular place to be." Other then perhaps taking a trip to Aldeeran at some point in time. "The outer rim is usually a good place to make money though. As good as any, and he could use some credits after all that he had spent here.

"Any particular reason you are curious?" He asked as he took a sip from the flask. "Looking to form some more contacts or something? Maybe a partnership of sorts?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:52 am

"The outer rim? I just came from there," she said with a slight frown. "But I guess when you're not official like the Republic or the Imperials, we always have to look for other places. I'm just wondering about my options. It's been a while since I've gotten a ship of my own again. Usually, I'm stranded somewhere or I have to bum a ride off of someone else. I don't I've found a big job to get my elsewhere but that remains to be seen once this party is over."

Teffa smirked at Berry. "Partnership? I don't know what I could offer for you. You get alcohol and I ship it? Or bring people to drink it?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:53 am

"Mmm... I'm just of the opinion that this war between the empire and the Republic is going to spark up sooner or later. As nice as it is being in more civilized areas of space, if you want to avoid it, it's best done well away from Republic or Empire space." He offered with a shrug.

"I dunno, people like us, interested in where each other are going, I just figured there had to be a reason. Though I admit most of my business isn't in the buying and selling of liquor." Unfortunate as that was. "You likely will have plenty of business opportunities of your own though, with your own vessel and all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:49 am

Teffa nodded at that, putting that sort of advice into consideration. "You really think so? That's probably something good to keep into consideration, I'd rather not be receiving on either's bad side. That goes double if I'm not even responsible for anything."

"I would but I guess my last run-in kind of made me realize that I should probably double check my prospects before jumping on them," she said pensively. "So I would be in the market for more jobs or partnerships!"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:08 am

"The Sith have a favorite saying part of their Mantra or whatever. Peace is a lie." His lips curled into a wry smile. "You only have to look as far as that to realize that they have no intention of letting this peace last. No, if anything they are bidding their time, rebuilding their armies, and destabilizing the Republic. They'll strike again when they are ready."

"Have a bad run in then?" He asked raising a eyebrow. "Anything I should be concerned about?"

"As for the partnership, I'd need to talk it over with my crew before anything could be arranged."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:54 pm

"It would make sense that two-heavy weights wouldn't keep from butting heads with each other for long. Especially, if the Empire are every going to be doing what the Empire were known to do," she nodded on that note.

She crossed her legs together on the seat and placed her hands on her knees with a faint smile. "Well, I'm here and not in trouble, so it's not a particular big deal! You can take your time, have your people call my people? Either myself or Arbee."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Zane offered her a grin, and a polite tip of his hat in her direction. "Its me or R4OXY if you need to get ahold of me, or my ship." There were a few other droids as well, but they weren't much for chatting.

"Though the way you tell me you're not in trouble, makes me think there are some stories about that." He added with a amused smile. "Though most of us have some of those."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

"Oh, so you do have people now?" She said with a quirk of her brow, vaguely remembering that Berry didn't quite have a crew of his own or that he tended to outsource for help. "Or at least a droid, I think."

"Not so much of a story here other than I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or, the wrong place at the right time..." She paused and look upwards to reconsider her words. "Anyway, misunderstanding happened and I was left off the hook for whatever reason. It might have been an eye-opening incident if I hadn't happened to me before. I'll spare you the boring the details...While I appreciate my bosses making the effort to meet me wherever I am, it's probably way better to plan these meetings out."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Next
Forum Statistics