Recoil [MM10]

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Heavy ringing steps echoing across the deck came to a halt when Oddyn stopped before the observation screen. Glassy reflection allowed him to admire the fresh paint and many a customised improvement in and on his beskar'gam. He felt good, and looked into space with predatory expectation.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Re: Recoil [MM10]

Postby Iyana Miu » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:11 am

It was a semi-busy place with soldiers and crew filtering in and out, meanwhile another watched the void and the distant stars.
Commander | Human | Force Sensitive | Martial Artist | Dark Side | Overlord of the Midnight Aerie
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:25 am

Seeing her, Oddyn's boots led him sideways, toward her. He kept a respectful distance, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Iyana Miu, right? Looks like I wasn't wrong about your chance to cut a deal with the brass. Are you used to watching the black?"
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:27 am

“I have rarely left my world, twice in fact. I find space to be unnatural and disorienting. I don’t like the idea that I must rely on all this machinery to keep me alive,” she said looking at the stars.
Commander | Human | Force Sensitive | Martial Artist | Dark Side | Overlord of the Midnight Aerie
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:22 am

"So not much of a spacefarer. But if it were another planet, would it be as good for you to settle on and cultivate your ways? Or is Bankor special?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:24 pm

“Bankor is my home, it will always be special,” she responded looking at him.

“I am not in the business of conversion, that isn’t my purpose.”
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 pm

"What is then?" He looked back, finding her eyes. He wasn't a reader of people, but he was not afraid to genuinely connect and maybe learn something through the experience.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:11 pm

“The same as anyone I suspect, understanding and to find my own path. No one an show you to enlightenment, they can only give you the keys to open some of the doors, the rest is up to us. I have no more special insight into that than anyone, and if someone says they know then they are lying or trying to manipulate you to their own ends,” she responded.
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:49 pm

"In other words, you're not concerned about teaching, but focused on getting some personal epiphany in life?" It seemed a strange goal from where Odd's mind was located.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 pm

“I have others who can teach, I lead,” she said confidently.
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 pm

"Lead toward what?" He stroked his beard.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:09 pm

“Towards something better, for now it is to rebuild what we have and salvage the damage done by the witch. After that, I will find a new path and set that vision before my followers,” she said honestly.

“Maybe we will be more involved with our neighbors, maybe not.”
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:55 pm

"I am interested in your pugilistic arts. I had been a fighter in my earlier years, but it was just for the pits, a boy's means to survive, more about physical output than a skilled technique. If you ever choose to reach out into the galaxy, I'd like you to come to Concordia."

He had recently had a chance to observe Iyana's Aznuri because of the shelter his adopted kids found among them.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:04 am

“I doubt I will see reason to travel for some time, but I appreciate the offer. Is Concordia your homeworld?” she asked.
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:12 am

"Yes, in a way. It's a moon orbiting Mandalore, hereditary land of House Vizsla, covered with thick forests, a grand wilderness full of game and predators. My kin loves the hunt." He smirked when he paused. "I was not born there, but I was brought up to be a man there and that's my place to return to from my vagabond life."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 am

"You seem a long way from home then, why choose this vagabond life?" she asked.
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:17 am

"In pursuit of war and vengeance. I am a warrior through and through. Those who just settle down and wait for their enemies to come to them usually are not prepared for what's coming. That, and mercenary life is a job like any other." He tried to reply succinctly, event though it was not an easy question to answer.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:45 pm

“Vengeance I can understand, war I cannot, it only brings more war it does not end them,” she responded.
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:03 pm

"It's good that wars don't end. Peace is bad for societies over the longer haul. In peacetime virtue is overpowered by conniving, disparities grow, fat elites leech on the masses with impunity and manipulate them into believing it's for their own good. The threat of death war brings makes sentients equal, as good as their martial skill and resolve. The Mandalorians say: ishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore. Pressure makes gems, ease makes decay."

He paused.

"I think you understand that. That Mazakin did you injustice, and your response was violence. i respected that. If not for my vengeance, it wouldn't be my war. But it'd still be a war I'd likely fight. Warriors who don't fight are no warriors."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:09 pm

“I don’t agree with that, we seek conflict to better ourselves but we do not condone whole sale endless war, there is no benefit. I do not understand why you think that is a good thing, all of those things happen peace time or war time, people are flawed. The suffering is only magnified in war time, many more die that have no reason to. Foolish loss of life,” she said firmly.

“Warriors are warriors even when the war ends, they simply fight different battles.”
Iyana Miu

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 pm

"I mean there's time to build, heal and train children, but what is the purpose of it if not for war?" He paused. "We all die. How bad is it to be ready for it? To have a shot at choosing your way and time to meaningfully go? To fight for what you believe in?"

He looked at her intently. "The children at your monastery, I'll bring them up myself. Children follow example more than words. To raise them strong, fearless and decisive, I must be just that, and war is the environment for it."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Iyana Miu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 pm

“War is not a purpose, it is a failure. Conflict will happen but war… no one wins in a war, despite what you may believe,” she responded.

“Too much suffering for the general populace. I can disagree with you, we can even come to blows but we will find understanding and move on, we have no need to draw all our allies into a protracted conflict that will devastate our peoples the land and fought by a small percentage of our society and yet affects everyone.”
Iyana Miu

Forum Statistics