Maple leaf (Day 12 Late morning)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:47 am

Was the observation deck a smoking area? Probably not actually, but without access to anywhere more suitable it would have to do.

Finding a place to lean with a good view of the view, he a cigarette out and lit it up. Hopefully no one would mind.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Maple leaf (Day 12 Late morning)

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:53 am

He would hear a familiar voice tinged with a coruscanti accent come from behind him.

"Man Zanebry I bet Jenkins is going to curse you name when he has to change the air filters later." Jax said with a small grin his voice with hints of amusement.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:47 am

"That's only if he figures out it's me." Zane replied with a easy smile. "You aren't going to go telling him are you, Jax?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:41 am

"Your secret is safe with me. I have no reason to tell, besides anything that causes Jenkins a headache is good in my good." Jax said returning the smile just as easily

"So how's the war been treating you?"
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:35 am

"About the same as usual." Zane replied taking a drag from his cigarette, before reaching into his pocket and tossing a chip towards Jax. "That's yours by the way."

"What about you though? Doing okay?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 am

Jax eyed the chip briefly but pocketed the thing smoothly. "Thanks, though it's not much use now that her and her goons are gone." He said with a touch of melancholy "wish we could have got her, she owes me for dragging me into a mess that deep. Just goes to show what doing favors for old friends get you." He had a rueful half smile on his face as he spoke.

"Ah I've been doing alright, almost died a few times so I guess business as usual as far as war zones go. Found out Senator Saresh is a big fan of mine." His tone a bit sardonic, more so at the end of the sentence.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:17 am

"Just because she is gone doesn't mean they can't try and bring you in on charges. It would be wise to keep that around." Zane chose to ignore the talk of helping a friend, that wasnt really his business.

"Well that's nice to know." It likely meant the Senator had some good sense. "At least it gives you good reason to stay out of her way in the future."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am

Jax shrugged "I'd hope they'd at least do me the courtesy of a head start if that's their play. Wouldn't be the first time someone let me work until I wasn't useful anymore and then tried to screw me." he said with a casual tone "Trust me I wasn't planning on being in her way regardless but I guess extra incentive doesn't hurt."

He found a comfortable piece of wall near Z and posted up a small smirk on his lips as he looked out into the big empty "so its finally coming to a close soon, got any big plans after this is all said and done?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:15 pm

"It probably wont go that way, but it never hurts to be cautious." Niall would likely take care of things. "Extra incentives never hurt, even if they arent always positive ones." This one certainly wasn't.

"No, not particularly." He offered with a glance st the other man. "I've got some cases to look into. Other then that though? I suppose I'll get away from things for a while. You?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 am

Jax shrugged glancing at z "Been in this game for around 10 years, think its time to settle down a bit but I have a few debts to pay back and a few outstanding issues to deal with before I can go legit. They don't make it easy to get out of the game."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 am

"So, you're selling the ship then? Going to buy a farm and have a bunch of little kids?" Probably like a dozen knowing Azura; half would probably die in childhood.

"Thise shouldn't be too much trouble, they wont follow you to a place like Datooine."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:39 am

Jax practically burst out laughing "A...a...farm?! KIDS? Oh man no no no not for awhile yet." he takes a second to compose himself voice still light with mirth when he speaks agaon"No I just mean going legit, starting a business or something I can't imagine staying planetside for too long." he chuckled a little again "and can you really imagine Azura living on a farm? she'd die of boredom, after she killed me of course for putting her in that situation."

"no I think some type of business venture may be in order just someplace I can set up and actually have a home, build a life."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:01 am

"I always got the impression she'd like someplace a little away from things." His lips quirked into a sly smile. "Where she could have you all to herself "

"You know her better then me though, and it's your neck on the line."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 am

"ah she's not all that bad, she just get scared sometimes I think. Lyseil pointed out to me I can be a bit flirtatious with pretty girls and I tend to agree I've always had that relationship with men and women I found attractive. But she said that might be why Lyseil was so scared of losing me and ergo so jealous. I can see her point, I could stand to dial it back since I am in a committed relationship again."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 pm

While normally Zane would be surprised that this type of thing had to be explained, he had come to understand this was simply how Jax was. You almost had to force common sense into him. "I think it can all be solved with Azura just hitting you a bit more." Z offered after a few thoughtful moments.

"Though it couldn't hurt to dial it back quite a bit either."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 am

Jax chuckled a bit "I'd be lying if I said I didn't deserve it most of the time." he let out a little sigh "Its not like I'm not aware of how this thing work or that Lyseil had said anything I didn't already know it just can bring it into perspective when others point it out."

"So you said you had a couple other cases, is that what you do then? a travelling investigator?" he asked with a quirk of his brow.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 am

"Something like that." Z offered with a slight smile. "There might be a bit more too it, but not much." He took a last drag from his cigarette, before snuffing out the end with his gloved fingers.

"I've always been pretty good at finding things." A small container was slipped from his pocket, and Z but his cigarette butt inside. "Business tends to be pretty consistent, there is always someone looking for a guy like me."

Zanebry Varliss

Forum Statistics