No Denying She's a Funny Girl (D10, EA)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:03 am

(Bonjour~)

Lyseil had finished her lunch, mostly... there was still some left on her plate, but she was more interested in reading on her datapad and was hardly paying attention to the activity around her in the mess hall. Which probably made for an amusing picture with a sergeant sitting by herself reading while everyone else was being social.

For Lyseil, it was a regular day.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: No Denying She's a Funny Girl (D10, EA)

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:06 am

There's a tap across from her as a red-haired young woman settled into the opposite chair from you. "Hope you don't mind... Mess is kind of full." She looked curiously at her. "You're um... Lyseil Panteer, right? From the Jizz night?"
Republic | Human | SIS | Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Force Sensitive
Carries: Comlink, Electrobinoculars, Utility Belt,
On Assignment: Environment Armor and helmet, Sniper Rifle, Extra Rounds

"Tomorrow is another day."
Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:15 am

"Hm? Oh!" Lyseil pushed some of her hair back and straightened in her seat. "Yes-yes, that's me!" she nodded, a smile quickly popping out on her features. "Luth Khalan, yes? I hope you had a good time at the Jizz Night?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:20 am

She nodded. "Yes, I did. It was nice meeting you there the other day," she replied with a smile.

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 am

"I'm glad to hear that! And it was nice to meet you too, though we didn't get much chance to talk before we were both hitting the dancefloor," she chuckled mirthfully and put her datapad away. "Even after all this time with the forces here, I still feel like I meet lots of new people all the time. At least we got to meet under fun circumstances, yes? Rather than out at some shoot-out or something."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:42 am

"We didn't... So I guess it's nice to run into each other like this," she said with a smile. "I know what you mean, though... Without much recon to do up here, though, I've been meeting more people."

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:49 am

"Yes... I see what you mean. Not that it changes too much for me, to be honest, as I work for the commander's office." Lyseil's laugh was soft even if she was doing the usual routine of poking fun at her own cushy job. "Paperwork and pencil-pushing doesn't change, regardless of where we are. It still piles up!"

She had a more curious look as she picked up her cup of now almost cold kaff. "So you do recon-work and such? I take it you've worked with Captain Organa then and that's how you met?" she inquired with interest to learn more about Luth since they hadn't had much chance to talk at the party.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 am

"Paperwork makes the galaxy turn, as the saying goes."

"Actually, we met two years ago back on Nar Shaddaa. We've been friends since then," she replied with a smile before taking a drink. "He listened when I was in one of my worst states back then."

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:31 am

"I should go to Nar Shaddaa sometime, as it sounds like everyone I meet have had some great adventure there," she said with a touch of humor to her tone, but she softened considerably as she listened to Luth. "Oh... dear. I won't pry what happened."

Her cup of kaff remained in mid-air for a moment before she put it down again. "I'm glad to know he was there to help then. He and his sister... they've both always been such kind people."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:45 am

She chuckled a little bit. "It's an exciting place, you certainly could say that." She took a sip of her own drink. "Yeah... He told me some about what happened after we went out to take down Melv. He is a kind person." She sighed a little.

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:51 am

"Oh, you helped him with that?" she gave a slight nod. "Thank you... I... well, it probably sounds a bit weird, but thank you."

Her lips pressed together for a moment. "I didn't want to say it when we first met how I knew Niall, but his sister Rayne and I were friends. Same class and all at the Academy. He seemed to be in a good mood that night, so I didn't want to remind him of that. The two of them were rather good friends, as brother and sister... and, I'm just glad to know he had people he trusted with him to get that jerk."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:13 am

She smiled a little. "It doesn't sound weird. I can understand that. When my family died, I... I would have done most anything to do something about the man that killed them, so... I get it."

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:36 am

"Ah... I meant more... that he had the support of his friends with him." She clarified. "Niall's... not really the vengeful type, at least, not as far as I know. Having you there, and Z, I think that was good for him. I don't think it would've been good for him to have been alone then, and maybe done something he might've come to regret later."

Lyseil knew it would probably weigh too heavily on someone like Niall.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 am

"He showed that that wasn't his way... I knew it wouldn't be. Maybe better than he did at the time," she replied. "We were glad to support him. I'm always happy to be there for him when I can. He's been there for me so often."

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:49 am

"Sounds like you've been through a lot together since Nar Shaddaa," she nodded. "I'm glad to know he's made such good friends. He always was a bit awkward at that when we were younger, you know." Lyseil gave a conspiratory chuckle.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 am

She chuckled a little herself. "Is that so?"

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:39 am

"I was closer to Rayne than him, so to me he was mostly my friend's dorky older brother who asked to dance with me at social gatherings because he didn't know many of the other girls there." She shook her head as she laughed. "Things have changed a lot since then though. Now he's 'Captain Alderaan' and all."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:45 am

"Yeah... he's pretty popular, all right." She leaned her chin in her hand. "Even I'm kind of into him, but he's not interested."

"You know, the funny thing is, a Sith girl back on Nar Shaddaa coined the nickname, and it just sort of stuck. They didn't start the propaganda thing until after it spread from those of us who came back from there."

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:52 am

"Heh, yes-yes, he told me about how it was a Sith who started it all. Guess they were trying to poke fun at him or something?" She giggled. Which thankfully covered up her own reaction to Luth's revelation that she was into him.

"Well... uh, have you told him that? I know he can be a bit slow at picking up hints sometimes." That question kind of just fell out of her head.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:02 am

"Oh, probably. He does have that whole super goodest boy air."

"Yup," she said with a nod. "He said it couldn't happen. So that's that." She shrugged and looked away, taking a drink of her water.

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 am

Lyseil wasn't quite sure how to react to that. This was suddenly turning into a strange lunch.

"Well, he still seems very fond of you as a friend," she offered with a friendly smile. "Confessions like that can sometimes make friendship awkward, but he must value you as a friend still, I think."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:22 am

"Yup. He does. I got lucky," she said with a shrug. "Look, I'm sorry I seem to have made this conversation awkward. We can talk about something else."

Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:26 am

"Ah, no, no... it's alright. Really-really," she chuckled awkwardly. "I was just... a little surprised, that's all. I hadn't seen Niall in years before running into him here, so there's still all sorts of stuff I'm catching up on with that. Especially with all the friends he seems to have made."

She did offer a friendly smile. "He's a good friend. And well, I'm sure you'll find someone who can also be a good friend and something more. You seem like a very nice lady."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Forum Statistics