Re: Royal Alderaanian Flush (D12, EA)

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Jax shrugged "Azura is quick to judge and hard to change. Once she has an impression of someone it can take a lot of work to get her to think differently about them." He grinned at her "and to be fair you play the ditzy princess quite well."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm

"That's because I am one," Lyseil laughed, adding another card to her hand.

This is looking better. Not a statistical high chance of winning if the game had more players though...

"Been giving more thought to where you two are going after Bankor?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Jax gave her a slightly skeptical look but "mhm" was all he said regarding that.

"I promised to fly Tra, the old general, out to Nar Shadda and back so that'll take about a week, after that might help out around here for a little bit with the rebuilding effort. Then I have a few more things to take care of before settling down a bit. Though I'll be taking Azura to Coruscant to meet my family and hopefully bury that hatchet." He spoke casually as he laid out his plan.

hmm not a good hand but at least it's something.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:06 pm

"Oh? I've met the man... he didn't seem to be the type to go to Nar Shaddaa for a weekend." The old Kel Dor had seemed more likely to remain here on Bankor as well. "But you're staying behind to help out? That's... I'm surprised, Jax. But I'm glad to see the Captain wasn't wrong about you."

If she had been holding physical cards, she would probably be shuffling them between her hands. "I don't think you told me that there was difficulties with your family?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:35 pm

ax shrugged "Not sure, one of the things people like about my kind of transportation, very few questions asked. He pays for travel I'll help him travel."

Jax grins at her surprise "i told you Lyseil I do what I think is right. Just because I have a, flexible, view of the law doesn't mean I'm a bad person. Helping these people is the right thing right now so its what I'm going to do."

Jax sighed a little but the topic didn't seem to dampen his mood overly much "Well I don't really talk about it unless its relevant. The forbid me from joining the military after my brother died in the service. I looked up to my brother and wanted to follow in his foot steps. SO I ran away from home to join the republic military. They haven't really spoken to me since." He thought for a moment "well they did visit me in the hospital after my accident when I lost my arm. But that felt more like an i told you so than genuine concern."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 pm

"I'm not saying you're a bad person, Jax," she smirked, tapping at her screen. "Just that you should be more concerned with the consequences of your actions. But that you're helping out is good."

Lyseil gave a sympathetic look to Jax. "I'm sorry to hear that... about your parents, and the loss of your brother. Though I can understand their concern for possibly losing yet another child to war."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:26 pm

"Well teenage Jax just thought they were controlling and then by the time I figured it out I was too stubborn to apologize, not that I would have done anything differently but I would have maybe done it better. Running away from home at 16 isn't always the best. I guess they did show up to my medal ceremony even if they didn't stay to chat. I think it's still salvageable just going to take some work." He said with a small smile as he looked at his card d and thought for a moment.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:33 pm

"True, running away is rarely a solution. An immediate solution, perhaps, but not one that is sustainable in the long-run." The comment applied to more than just running away from home to join the military.

She saw him thinking, and looked at her own hand again too. "Something on your mind?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:56 am

Jax shrugged "It can typically be a solution for as long as you want it to be if you're good at it. As long as you don't do it too often." he was silent for a second "Oh nothing important just trying to figure out what you have in your hand" He said with an easy smile.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:15 am

"You can be as good as you want, but sooner or later, whatever you're running from catches up to you. Besides, it's hard to run away from something you're carrying with you," she felt pretty sure she had read that somewhere from some sort of philosopher.

"It's hard to tell?" Lyseil smirked confidently, her fingers tapping the side of her datapad. "Thinking of calling?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:10 am

"True enough I suppose though only time will tell."

he chuckled "no, no I don't think I will." he said as he hit the raise button on his pad the "money" didn't real mean anything in this mode as it was practice but he had never been one to quit until it was all on the table.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:01 pm

"Bold move," she said with a raised eyebrow, and upped the ante as well to continue the game.

"Been giving more thought of going to Alderaan then?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:33 pm

"I thought you'd have learned by now that I'm nothing if not bold." he said with a smirk at Lyseil over his data pad.

"I have been thinking about it, you're not the only one urging me to go there actually, Niall has made the suggestion as well. I will certainly come visit there when this is over, take you up your offer to see the Panteer lands maybe go to another one of those balls or galas you folk seem so fond of." Jax said with a chuckle then he sat back a bit "But I'm not sure its where I want to start my new life, I mean dont get me wrong its a fine planet but I have more contacts back on Coruscant know the playing field better. You Alderaanians may be a peaceful sort but you're cunning and cutthroat business folk. Not that they aren't doubly so on Coruscant but at least there I know a lot of the players and how the game works."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Lyseil chuckled. "Cutthroat and cunning business folks, huh?"

"Amusing that you're one of the few offworlders to get that right. People get too caught up in some romanticised idea when they heard the words 'noble' and 'royalty', when in truth, our noble houses are much more like corporations, and the nobles the CEOs."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 pm

"My time there wasn't overly long but I have a keen eye for this sort of thing. You all do play up the nobility and properness and all that but underneath I can see that it goes much deeper than that. Hey its a nice coat of paint to put on everything so to speak but like you said in the end the noble houses are little more than large corporations that get to stay in the family. Theres more to it than that but thats what I picked up from my visit." he said casually as he locked in the final bid a slight raise from what Lysiel had placed.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:32 pm

"Mm, there is more to it than that, but it's an apt observation," Lyseil nodded and considered her final bid. A pair and three of a kind. There were plenty of other combinations that could beat it, but she was willing to take a gamble on it, and put in her final bid to match Jax's.

"You can still fold, you know," she said confidently. If Alderaanians had anything in spades, it was that haughty confidence.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:04 am

Jax shot her a wicked grin "Now where's the fun in playing it safe." he said besides i'd still lose everything if i folded at this point might as well see what she was holding.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 am

Since neither of them were folding, Lyseil tapped her datapad and revealed the cards in her hand. "Now is it all just bluster, or do you have something to back you up?" she gave him a sly smile.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am

Jax revealed his cards he'd pieced together something but Lyseil had the better hand "I'd had a little hope that you were bluffing but alas beginner's luck lets call it this time." he said with an easy smile as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Again?" he asked with some excitement in his eyes the girl was a clever one in the game and in conversation and Jax had plenty of time until he needed to be anywhere.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 am

"Hah! You're just saying that because you couldn't get a good read on me," she grinned smugly. "A smile and some confidence goes a long way. But sure, I have time for another game before I have to get back to my station."

"And you're off duty until you're needed somewhere?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:52 am

"heh its easy to be confident when you have a good hand." he said returning her smugness in equal measure.

"Yeah I don't have a duty shift, not actually military. Like you said I just wait around until someone needs a pilot or targets for the enemy or any other odd job I volunteer for." he said with a small chuckle thinking of all the new scars he added to himself the past couple months.

He pressed the button to start a new game and waited for Lyseil to accept.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 am

A new game started up!

Hmm... no good start, but I can maybe get lucky... keep one and aim for a straight. She nibled on her lower lip in thought, though still appearing as confident as ever. "Doesn't it get boring though? Just waiting around for something to happen?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 am

Jax sighed a bit "It does, I don't think my weapons and armor have ever been cleaner. My quarters are cleaner than when I was in the service now. I talked to Sabine about it back when we were in Rygor. It's not so different than being in the service though just less meaningless busywork and end of shift reports where nothing happened." he said as he tapped a few times on his pad thats a pretty good start just one right card and we have a full house he thought though his expression didn't budge an inch and his voice maintained disinterest.

"What about you? Doesn't all that paper work get tiring after awhile?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:23 am

"Well, sure, it does... but it needs to be done. People don't know how important it is to keep the paper-mill running smoothly until something breaks down, or someone don't get their requisitions, or something else..." she shrugged, internally debating which card to forfeit.

"Sabine could stand to learn a bit of that cleanliness though," Lyseil sniffed a tad haughtily. "I had heard tales of frat-boys, but having bunked with her here on the Valiant Star, I fear a Mandalorian puts them all to shame."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:58 am

Jax let out a small laugh "Somehow I am completely unsurprised by the fact that Sabine is a slob, she seems like a blast but not one that military discipline really sunk into. Don't get me wrong she's an excellent soldier and on the battlefield there are few others I'd rather have next to me but outside of the fight she doesn't seem like she like a very regimented person."

Jax selected the cards he wanted back perfect he thought but outwardly he seemed a bit preoccupied looking at his hand and thinking. "So whats your family like? You've only ever mentioned they didn't fully support your studies but not much else." he asked glancing briefly over the data pad.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics