Re: Royal Alderaanian Flush (D12, EA)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 am

"My family?" she rose an eyebrow, her lips pressing together briefly as she considered her hand and the new cards... "you'd probably find them rather boring? Father's into politics, so is my older brother Reland. He became a father to twins a couple of months ago though, so I expect him to be fully occupied with that. My little sister Elara is still in the Academy. Mother, well, she's retired military, but I think she's more happy keeping her hand on the pulse of everything that's going on in Crevasse City."

Lyseil shook her head a little with a soft chuckle. "Becoming a grand-mother has made mother all excited, so now she's even worse at nudging me to get married too. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a bevvy of young noblemen lined up for me when I return to Alderaan."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:25 am

Jax smiled as she spoke "It sounds like a nice family, nothing wrong with having a normal family excitement in the family area isnt always a good thing. Besides my family is actually rather boring other than myself."

Jax raised an eyebrow "and what do you think of marriage? obviously as part of the royal line you are expected to get married but are there any promising candidates that you know of?" Jax asked never afraid of delving into personal topics.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am

"Sure, I'm expected to marry ," she shrugged. Most people were, weren't they? " I've just never cared too much about finding a suitable bachelor. I'm only 20 years old you know so it's not like I'm in a rush!"

"I'd rather meet someone nice with a sense for adventure. A lot of Alderaanians lacked that last time I checked."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 am

Jax grinned and nodded "That is certainly true, a sense of adventure is certainly an important thing. I couldn't envision you married to some humdrum noble that has never left Alderaan. It'd be a shame if such a beautiful spirit of adventure ever got shackled that way."

He bumped up the bid a little bit as he spoke he gave Lyseil an open smile "Of course you're still young plenty of time. Though I was under the impression that you nobles, especially the royal ones, got married younger."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 am

She really wished she had a better hand. But she upped the stakes too with a smile.

"We're not uncivilized, Jax. Legal age of maturity is 18, and that applies for marriage too. It's also illegal to force someone into marriage against their will," not that it stopped some, she knew. "Most marry in their early or mid-20s to be honest."

"I don't know what it's like where you're from," she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:26 am

Jax shook his head "I wasn't saying you were uncivilized at all, everyone know Alderaan is a pinnacle of galactic civilization and prosperity." his tone was only a little teasing. More inquisitively he continued on "I didn't think you were marrying children off or anything I just didn't know if it was more expected for someone in your position to get married sooner rather than later."

"Where i'm from there's no real pressure to get married, at least in my family. Well I mean I guess my case isn't an ideal one with my strained relationship. But overall people just sort of do what they want. Some get married some don't, its not really an expectation as a whole it sort of varies family to family." he explained casually.

Jax quirked an eyebrow over his data pad "So besides adventurous what do you think you're looking for in a man? That is if you don't think I'm being too invasive."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 pm

That sounded so completely strange. Didn't people value family lines and such on Coruscant?

"Why suddenly so interested in what sort of guys I like?" she asked with a chuckle, and shook her head.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Jax just shrugged "Not really sudden interest just getting to know you Lyseil, I enjoy your company. What someone looks for in a partner says a lot about what they value as a person. Plus it was just on topic."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 pm

"Is that so?" she mused.

"I like men who are tidy, have a sense of good manners and clothes, and a good sense of humor too - I need someone who can put up with my own terrible jokes, after all," Lyseil grinned. "What can I say, I like gentlemen."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:25 pm

"Oh give yourself some credit your jokes aren't that bad." he said with a little chuckle "Interesting, I mean nothing surprising I had expected your type to be the gentleman. Fits your princess personality."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 pm

"Hah, is that it?" she giggled. "... Ok, I'll concede that it might be a bit stereotype of me, but I just can't stand the thought of being with someone with bad manners, or who dress like a slob, or don't keep themselves or their living space tidy."

Lyseil looked at Jax with a raised eyebrow. "So I was surprised that when someone like you, who is ex-military, had the nerve to throw your feet up on the table in the command briefing."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 am

"thats fair I totally get where you are coming from." he said tapping a few buttons.

a sheepish smile appeared on his lips "ah yeah, I perhaps had spent too much time in less formal negotiations and meetings. I forgot myself for a moment, at least I apologized." he said with a little chuckle "I'd like to think over all i've been more polite than not though, I hope one bad mark won't spoil your entire view of me."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:01 am

"Ah well, not completely," she smirked, though she was thinking more about how bad her hand was. Which made it even more important to keep that confidence! Keep smiling!

"Though you'll have to work to make up for it. Like maybe knowing when to fold in a cardgame...?" Lyseil chuckled as she leaned back in her seat.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:16 am

"Now now princess there is no such thing as good or bad manners in Sabaac, well outside of cheating, thats pretty rude." he said with a smirk as his hand stayed solid. She seemed confident but could she have a good hand twice in a row? certainly not. "No I'm afraid it takes more than a pretty girl or manners to get me to fold. Apologies." he said with a laugh.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:29 am

"There is no shame in acknowledging defeat against a superior opponent."

She knew her hand couldn't best anything, so was banking on bluffing.

Which might have been easier with real stakes instead of imaginary tokens.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 am

"Oh so she wins one hand and suddenly she think shes a master card shark huh?" he said with a cool even tone and a full smile. "Your hand must be really bad if you're acting this confident." he said and suddenly the smile looked a bit sharkish and the eye gleamed with sharpness but still all was back lit by humor and a touch of mirth. He was willing to bet she didn't get a super good hand twice in a row so this much bluster had to be compensating. "I think I'll take my chances."
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:51 pm

She raised her eyebrows. "You think that I would try to decieve you?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:40 pm

"We've been through this one Lyseil." he turned his glacial blue eyes on her his lips quirked up in a grin "I see you." he said as he raised a final bet and confirmed it.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:42 pm

She sighed softly, pouting without really being aware of it. "Fiiine... hmph... and I thought I was doing a good job of this game-face thing too. I fold."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:57 pm

"You're game face wasn't bad the question is do I actually have a hand or not?" he said as he pressed the reset button his hand shuffling away never to be seen by Lyseil.

He pondered for a moment "Lyseil how about a more interesting game? You seem to have the basics down and the game really isn't much with out there being something on the line worth sweating over." he spoke casually with a grin as he sat back "Let's make a friendly wager so you can see what gambling is really about. How about whoever loses has to clean the winners refresher?" seemed like a friendly enough wager to make thing interesting with out being too tense.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 pm

"I had two ends of a straight but nothing in between. Almost anything is better than what I had," she shook her head with an amused chuckle.

She eyed the button for a new game as she listened to his suggestion. "Not happening, Jax." Lyseil spoke firmly. "One: if I lose, I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of seeing me scrub your refresher. Two: I don't think Azura would like me onboard the ship at all. Three: I'm not going to inflict the terror that is the refresher Sabine has marked as her territory upon you."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Jax held up his hands in a sign of defeat "woah ho now need to get all firm on my, I was simply trying to think of a way to really teach you gambling and I've always found interesting bets are more fun than simple credits. And please Azura doesn't hate you that much, its not like you can't step foot on the ship, she's not a barbarian you know." he said simply with a little laugh.

"But I guess I can thank you for sparing me the potential to battle the violet clogs I'm sure Sabine's thick mane leave behind." he looked at Lyseil "Can you think of a more suitable wager? Or perhaps you seek another stakes free game? or has my time to share your sunny company drawn to a close?" he asked sounding a bit melancholic towards the end of the sentence but it could have simply been being slightly dramatic, it was hard to tell.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:03 am

"Uh huh..." she didn't sound wholly convinced of his opinion that Azura didn't hate her that much. She'd be keeping her feet outside of the Midnight until Azura had taken some therapy-lessons.

"I think that's enough games for now." Lyseil put down her datapad. "I have a couple of more minutes before I need to finish my lunchbreak, so if you have any last requests, you have your chance now." Somehow she managed to sound both innocent and authorative as she spoke.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am

Jax shrugged "I suppose not, all good thing must come to an end I guess." he said with a dramatic sigh "So what do you have on the docket when you return to duty?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:20 am

"Most likely going through reports from the Resistance. Most of it is classified," she gave a hapless shrug. The dramatic sigh had little effect on her now. "In short, I do a lot of work to assist the commander; he's a fairly busy man, so he needs his own team too to handle all the information that goes into a campaign like this. Along with a lot of other stuff too. Since this is a somewhat small operation, lots of people are filling in where needed - so I do that too."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Previous
Forum Statistics