Missed the Shift [ME11]

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:28 am

Oddyn flopped on one of the beds, stretching legs and taking in the scents of sterility, imposing like a palimpseste over an older code of pain and bloody wounds that constituted the true essence of why a military infirmary was here. He patted one of the passing medical droids, very familiar at this point, and sighed, investigating the slight wounds he had suffered without even tsk'ing. He was here more out of habit than physical necessity, so he wasn't angry that there seemed to be no doctor around for now. He had a timekiller with himself, drew it out, and uncorked, sniffing it before looking around for a glass. He gave culturality a chance, if there weren't any around he'd just drink straight from the bottle.

[4 Wounds, 6 Strain]

ME11. Cool to recover Strain.: 2eA 3 successes
ImageImage

[4 Wounds, 3 Strain]
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Re: Missed the Shift [ME11]

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Teffa shuffled in after her rescue efforts at the station, looking worst than her usual self. There were cuts from glass shards and debris, along with charred corners of her clothes. She wasn't too concerned about how she was feeling, probably a touch stunned and rattled if anything. Admittedly, she did feel guilty for being one of the few who were able to walk out of that incident.

She made her way to Medical only because she vaguely felt that's what she should be doing and say Oddyn there. Mustering a smile, she felt her face ache. It took less muscles to make a smile, right? Probably not for Chiss. "Hey, Oddyn! Fancy...meeting you here, I guess?"
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:34 am

Cole sauntered in. He’d hit the refresher and changed his uniform, and looked no worse for wear following his trip to Vantage Core Station. “Evening,” he greeted the pair, a spherical Mini-Med droid hovering along behind his shoulder.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 am

It was exhausting being upbeat, especially in the light of recent circumstances. She let out an exhausted breath and spared a few bobs of her head at Cole. "Hey, Doctor Ormont. I'm back...I promise not to assault you with conversation this time."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 am

"That's the Chiss way, I understand," he answered congenially. As Oddyn was already stretched out on one of the beds, Cole checked on the diagnostics. Reaching for the bottle, "shirt off," he instructed.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:23 pm

"Hey, Teffa. Good guess. It's fancy meeting you here too." He chuckled, looking the extent of her injuries over. To him, it didn't look serious. He was about to extent his bottle to her but then Cole came and it looked like they wouldn't manage without some containers, so he put the bottle on the shelf within his reach for the time being. "I guess we'll all drink some once the patching's done."

"Hey Doc." He then laughed at the sudden request, glanced at Teffa, but complied, revealing his athletic musculature, crisscrossed by a latticework of scars big and small along some fresh bruises, already yellowing on the edges. "Wonder if it works only when a doc says it."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Teffa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:04 pm

True to her word, Teffa merely gave a nods of her head and shuffled over to some chairs, parking herself so that she could wait for her turn. She glanced over to Oddyn's form for a moment. It wasn't a competition on who was more injured but she imagined that he likely did more at whatever he did than her merely gabbing about. A drink would definitely be good after stitches.

A drink would probably be good now.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Cole set to work closing the deeper lacerations, administering drugs for the pain and swelling. He pressed his lips in a thin line as he worked, all too soon the campaign would be over and these people would be rotated out of his life. Many of them he’d never see again.

——
D11 ME: Heal-Oddyn; Medicine, Easy, Mini-Med, Physician’s Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+1eD 2 successes, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Success Mini-Med, +1 Advantage Physician’s Kit

7 Wounds, 6 Strain Healed.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:40 am

"You're a miracle worker as usual, Doc. That calls for a drink." Oddyn smirked once Cole had finished treating him. His gaze had been wandering toward Teffa, maybe noticing her mood. "One round for all before Teffa's turn? Where do you keep the glass?" He hopped off the bed, stretching.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:54 am

It wasn’t the first time Cole had pressed medical equipment to such use, and he experienced a pang of—regret? nostalgia?—as he thought back to his last two days on Nar Shaddaa. From a cupboard, he produced three small beakers that would serve well as tumblers, and set them up by the bed Oddyn had just vacated. When his hands were empty again, one passed through his blonde curls, and he nudged his spectacles up the bridge of his nose.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Teffa perked up after her brief reverie when she named her shortened name being called out. She mustered a small smile and shuffled over. "Hey! I heard something about drinks now?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:41 pm

“Sure, you just have to let me check you over first.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 pm

Maybe it was the adrenaline currently in her system or the guilt but she didn't think she needed medical attention that badly. "I thought the drinks were happening before hand. Actually, they might even do the trick. Two drinks and I'm gone?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:26 pm

"Sorry, but this is medical. Everyone gets checked out." His hands are deft, working in sync with his droid without having to speak.

---
D11 ME: Heal-Teffa; Medicine, Average, Mini-Med, Physician's Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Success Mini-Med, +1 Advantage Physician's Kit

7 Wounds, 4 Strain healed.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Meanwhile, Oddyn filled the beakers and inconspicuously put one on Teffa's unattended side.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:02 am

Cole finished up and threw out his gloves. He petted the hovering droid affectionately, and it hummed away to small cradle on a benchtop, folding its tools inside its chassis and settling down. Cole accepted a beaker, "good man."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:13 am

"That didn't happen the first time..." Teffa grumbled before Cole got to work.

While she wished she could take her treatment as impressively at Oddlyn, there was some frowning, hissing and flinching on her part. Once it was done with, she felt and looked a little better at least. There wasn't a lollipop waiting for her bit a drink in a beaker was more than enough of a consolation.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:44 am

Oddyn was keeping up a cheerful demeanour, letting himself and others to enjoy some levity. "For all the swift recoveries." He suggested, raising his beaker.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:11 am

Cole leaned against one of the beds and raised his beaker, "to swift recoveries and good looking men with scars."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 am

Teffa smirked faintly at Oddyn and chuckled at Cole's toast. "All right, that's good as anything to drink to. To swift recoveries and good looking men with scars, especially the ones that add character, heh! Don't know if I could look as good with scars but I don't plan to pick up too many. It's not a contest here..." With that ramble out of the way, she took a sip from her beaker, making a slight face as she felt some bruising on her cheek before the drink went down.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:18 am

"I don't mind you not having scars, you look good either way." Oddyn smirked, "So does the good doctor and his wavy mane." Oddyn tilted the beaker in the direction of Teffa, then Cole as his lips spread into a grin. "Oya, beautiful people." Then jolted some whiskey and laughed.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:37 am

"Aye," Cole said to Teffa, "some of us aren't so lucky." He held up his left hand, showing where a jagged scar ripped across the back. His drink was in his right hand, and he knocked back a generous tot.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:55 am

"Ouya," Teffa tried to copy in response when the toast was made, probably mispronouncing it a bit but maybe it was close enough? She took a mouthful from the beaker from the beaker and eyed the scar on his hand.

"Oh, not complaining about it anymore...I think we're all just fine the way we are," she said with a mustered faint smirk. "Being alive and all, really worst things to be other than that. I guess we could have been in some serious debt or something..."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:20 pm

"i still have to kill Varo. Vengeance is a debt of sorts, with death as means of repayment." Oddyn shrugged, having drawn some more from the beaker.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Teffa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 pm

She took a small sip from her make-shift glass, for a moment wondering what went into these things at one point in time. The alcohol was probably sterilizing these things, right? On top of whatever sterilization Cole was already going, of course!

Looking upwards from her cup afterwards, she asked, "That's one of the leaders of the other Mandalorians, isn't it? I'm pretty sure that probably a lot of people want him dead and there a huge line up. Or are we talking about you needing to be at the front of this line?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Next
Forum Statistics