For Character Q & A and feedback, totally voluntary.

The Doctor is Out [Cole Ormont]

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Might as well get us started.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Re: The Doctor is Out [Cole Ormont]

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:10 am

Overall, Cole seems fairly disenfranchised by the Republic, at least from what I saw. Am I off base, or if this is the case, what was the root of that?

Thanks for all the patching up throughout the game. I always enjoy seeing characters being able to do the thing they're specialized in.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:15 am

Cole's always been disenfranchised, though it's more with the military than the Republic in general. It didn't come up as much at Nar Shaddaa, but there was a lot more military stuff on Bankor. Cole's dad was military, and forced Cole to follow in his footsteps. It wasn't what Cole wanted, but he likes his work, so he's torn on whether it's the best thing for him or not.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Hamelin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Will Cole ever leave the military and pursue a private practice... like officially this time. :lol:

Do you have an idea of what you are going to play for the Sith game next?
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:45 am

Cole’s end game is still a bit up in the air. There are two directions I’m looking at taking him, but getting the Triage was a vital step in breaking Cole’s dependence on the military.

My Ziost character is nearly finished. Once we know the XP available, I can make some final tweaks and write a history.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:34 am

Thank you for the scenes! Teffa must have seemed pretty nosy about his background. :D
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:02 am

Not at all! Cole loves talking about his background. I’m just sorry we never got as far as the Brigadier Admiral forcing his son to join the navy.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Teffa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:16 am

That's fine! By then, Teffa was contemplating hugging him, getting him to drink more, or both. She didn't know if that would have done any good, however.
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:09 am

Always happy to see Cole. I'm curious. Do you plan on make Cole unaligned for future games?
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

Equipment: Lightsaber, Physician's Kit, Cursed Sword

Languages: Huttese, Togruti

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:13 am

It is a possibility, and one of the two directions I might take Cole.

Cole isn't coming back. I had wanted to play Cole once or twice more, not just as an advanced character, but as a developed character. I love Cole; his depth, his stories, his build. He turned out pretty much exactly how I wanted; unfortunately, that vision hasn't meshed well with pbp, and trying to shoehorn him into future games is only going to be unsatisfying.

I've posted Cole's end game for approval, so we'll see what we see.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby GB-PK9 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for engaging with my character. You reached out to be about both Filo and GB, and it was appreciated.
Guardian Beta Prototype | Quadruped | Retriever | Hunter | Friendly

Has: Emergency Repair Patch X 5 , Holo-Messenger, Laminate Plating
GB-PK9

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 am

Not as many scenes with Cole this time around as I had on Nar Shaddaa, but it was fun to see him back again for one more go.

Lyseil and Cole seemed to be a clash of personalities though... in the long-run I think Nai'tiri would've gotten along better with him than Lyseil? :lol: I think Lyseil was mostly concerned about Cole but didn't know how to approach the topic at all, and a part of her kinda was a little bit scared of him too?
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:51 am

Cole was definitely more closed-off this game. As his character arcs towards Emotional Weakness: Cold, he’s been shutting down more than he did at Nar Shaddaa. Lyseil’s energy exhausted him, and he never felt like he knew what to say to her; they seemed to be on the same page about things in general though.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Forum Statistics