For Character Q & A and feedback, totally voluntary.

Blue Senator (Durasay Q&A)

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:36 am

Ask away. I think I've all but resolved things for myself, but I will happily answer any questions, even if they concern things that may happen yet.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Re: Blue Senator (Durasay Q&A)

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:13 am

My leadership brother!

I know I told you elsewhere, but I really enjoy Durasay's Dark Side stuff. It's exactly the sort of portrayal of that sort of thing that I like. An excellent example of how someone who generally wants to do right can be lead down a dark path, and how that feels.

We've gotten glimpses here and there of how it's influenced his philosophy. Could you expand on that at all? And perhaps what comes next for him? Without giving the game away, of course.

What was your favorite scene this game?
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:03 am

Durasay's philosophy on the Force is best echoes by someone who I believe will be influenced by whatever Durasay does, a politician from a mid rim world, a few thousand years in the future, Sheev Palpatine. "If one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all facets."

And a lot of what I was was wanting to explore in his dealing with Lelia, was influenced by my reading of the Unlimited Power sourcebook. Durasay one hundred percent trusts in the Force, taking the Chirrut mindset on it. The Dark Side is the push of will on the Natural Order. Yet I try to avoid, as you put it in a conversation, being the Objectivist Superman. But he doesn't shy away from it because it is as much a tool as it is a guide.

What's next? Downtime will be exploring more of the mystical side, though Durasay is now an Armorer, but I am focusing on the combat archetype vs. the smith archetype. He ready was beefy with wounds, but the next time we see him, he'll be able to shrug of most small arms fire, and even be able to stand against heavier weapons as well. He'll remain in the Senate, but that's the least interesting thing about him, for me.

He very much is in the vein of Cecil at the beginning of Final Fantasy 4. A Death Knight/Corrupted Paladin. Which I think is a neat archetype in Star Wars. To cover the shortcomings of his Master.

My favorite scene? The Anzuri tattoo. It provided an amazing, if self indulgent, opportunity for me. Especially with being able to have more narrative fun with the Force. Dark Exodus is a very close second. Had I not been stopped, it would have been my favorite.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Seconding Niall there. Durasay's Dark Side moments are great!

So I'm guessing the blue senator will eventually turn up to Alderaan to rub elbows with the nobles? :D He already knows one princess, after all!

We've seen a lot of the Dark Side moments for Durasay, but he's also clearly a guy that likes to help people - from what I've seen, that is. I'm curious how he reconciles the teachings of his master with what seems to be his altruistic personality. :)
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:05 am

Lyseil Panteer wrote:Seconding Niall there. Durasay's Dark Side moments are great!

So I'm guessing the blue senator will eventually turn up to Alderaan to rub elbows with the nobles? :D He already knows one princess, after all!

We've seen a lot of the Dark Side moments for Durasay, but he's also clearly a guy that likes to help people - from what I've seen, that is. I'm curious how he reconciles the teachings of his master with what seems to be his altruistic personality. :)

He'll be at Alderaan. I will keep playing him when allowed to do so. There's a lot to explore with him, and I want to leave no stone unturned.

Reconciliation is easy. Just look at his Duty, his Motivations, and his Moral strength and weakness.

It all boils down to arrogance and wanting to prevent the waste of potential resources to him. He genuinely cares about those resources, but he recognizes them for that. It's why I picked Loss Prevention. Why waste beings that could be useful to him in the future on badly planned missions?

He's still driven by Moral rewards. He feels good when he helps someone, because of his Pride, and darkly, his arrogance. He saves people because they were too weak to save themselves, and thus, need his expertise to aid them.

It's all a dark and twisted mirror that is growing ever darker the more he let's himself do so.

Durasay is the definition of the Path to Hell being Paved with Good Intentions. While he technically has not fallen yet (I can't seem to actually lose morality too badly, even when I try XD), if he continues on this path, he will spiral down.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 am

Definitely agree with Niall that Durasay's Dark-ward slide feels very believable and human. (Well... Pantoran?)

This is a somewhat self-indulgent question, and I usually try to avoid those in Q&A, but in this case it seems relevant... in any case, Durasay was one of several unaligned Force users Tethys talked with about the Jedi view of the Dark Side (actually, I think Galen was the only one I missed :? ). I'm curious how (or if) he processed the content of his conversation with the obligatory prating Light Side side-character on his journey. :P
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 am

Aly might be proud!

You shouldn't be happy about that though
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:Definitely agree with Niall that Durasay's Dark-ward slide feels very believable and human. (Well... Pantoran?)

This is a somewhat self-indulgent question, and I usually try to avoid those in Q&A, but in this case it seems relevant... in any case, Durasay was one of several unaligned Force users Tethys talked with about the Jedi view of the Dark Side (actually, I think Galen was the only one I missed :? ). I'm curious how (or if) he processed the content of his conversation with the obligatory prating Light Side side-character on his journey. :P

So. Durasay firmly believes that no one has a monopoly on the Force. And any discussion he has with anyone, regardless of their views, he treasures and takes to heart. He likely does think her overly cautious, and kind of scoffs that she posited no one consciously chooses to fall/turn to the Dark Side.

But that might be projecting his own beliefs into her.

And I think it's a good thing if Aly would be proud!

Durasay Mixo

Forum Statistics