Local space around the Bankor system.

Re: [Day 11 - Late Afternoon] Dark Exodus (Closed)

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:16 am

"I'm going after Zash," she said, foolishly. She had told Durasay that facing her directly would be an inevitable failure. But Layne couldn't help but feel that it was *necessary* somehow. All of this was just a distraction. The crew, Lunda and Dynos. Just backdrop to whatever it was that she had accomplished out at the facility. Did she get her hands on the Emperor's ritual? That would lead to catastrophic consequences. And so, despite her survival instincts screaming at her not to do this, Layne sprinted in the direction of the hangar.

((no athletics roll because I can make it in 1 round?))
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:30 am

Lunda ran after Tethys easily keeping pace and said, “The crew may not be happy to see me… I really made a mess of things.”

“But I am with you no matter what.”

OOC: The Crew will have 1 extra round to survive. Lunda will grant Tethys a boost to her next check.

Lunda Athletics: 2eA+1eP+2eD+1eB 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 am

Baesal was to enter the engine room, tools in hand and her saber on her belt when Layne proposed to go after Zash

''Don't we can still try to lock her in the hangar if you want to test your mettle with her but you certainly cannot go there on your own...wait for us''

With that she entered the engine room

''What is it?''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:02 am

"Try to stop the radiation leak. While you and I are safe in our suits, who knows if this will remain stable for us to get back to the Valiant Star. I'd rather not risk contaminating the ship further." Durasay looked to Baes, his eyes showing earnestness at the request.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:08 am

Zash frowned and gestured with her hands as purple lightning shot into Layne with vicious ferocity! She said, “I see no reason to remain, I have what I need.”

The blast knocked Layne prone and back through the door shutting it close. Inside she can hear the shuttle taking off.

OOC: Zash Talent Force Witch to convert Light to Dark, costs 2 wounds, Harm is successful, 1 point to activate base for 6 , 1 Point for Control to inflict 3 more points for 9, 4 more dark pips to inflict another 8 points for, 1 for range, and 1 to regain 17 strain for the effort. Critical Injury is generated; so a total of 17 wounds unsoakable. Triumph used to knock Layne back behind a door.

Medicine vs. Layne Resilience + Destiny: 4eP+2eA+1eC+4eD+2eB+5eF 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph, 8 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Critical Injury: 1d100 18 = 8 due to Durable - Slowed Down target acts last.
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:10 am

Baesal certainly did not trust the senator one bit but the leak was something needed to be dealt with

''Hold my beer'' she said looking for the problem

Dark Exodus, stopping the radiation: 2eA+2eP+2eD+1eB+2eF 1 success, 5 advantage, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:14 am

Meanwhile, on the other end of the Coruscant Flame...

Lunda Mae wrote:Lunda ran after Tethys easily keeping pace and said, “The crew may not be happy to see me… I really made a mess of things.”

“But I am with you no matter what.”

OOC: The Crew will have 1 extra round to survive. Lunda will grant Tethys a boost to her next check.

Lunda Athletics: 2eA+1eP+2eD+1eB 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Then you'll just have to be strong enough to face your choices. They will be happy to be rescued by anyone--that should help," Tethys says, a little out of breath from running. At least Lunda's time with Zash and Dynos has given her a better sense of the layout of the ship than Tethys would have on her own, and Tethys lets her lead the way to the damaged door of the observation deck.

"This is not too bad," she reassures Lunda, running one hand over the smashed control panel as she fishes in her belt pouch for her multitool with the other. "We can even get it to close again once everyone is clear, I think." Pounding sounds come from the other side of the door as the crew inside hear the two Jedi in the corridor. "Would you hold this piece very still, please...?"

After a few moments of intense concentration, the door slides open. Tethys swallows as air rushes past her through the doorway and the pressure in the hall begins to drop, making her ears pop. "Everyone out! Quickly!"

---

D11 Dark Exodus--Mechanics at Average to get that door open and save the crew! Boost from Lunda, boost from Trust. Destiny flip.: 3eP+2eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Not sure what to do with that Triumph! Is there any way it can help Layne or annoy Zash? The rescued crew are prepared to help somehow, or Tethys accidentally did something wacky but helpful to the ship's electronics?
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:16 am

Before Layne got zapped, she sprinted toward the Darth at full speed.

"Zaaash!"

Bringing her lightsaber up into the air, Layne prepared to strike even while she was still some distance away...

...only for the lightning to hit her and knock her almost unconscious in mid sprint. Layne tumbled to the ground and continued sliding backwards for a few meters as the shuttle departed.

"At least..." her consciousness was fading "...I fucked up your apprentice..."

And then everything went black.

Crit from goign over threshold: 1d100+10 28 (reduced by 10 due to durable, for a total of 18)

Layne has exceeded her wound threshold by 1 (since it was apparently 19 and not 17 wounds).
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:38 am

OOC: Round 5 start.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:44 am

Baesal climbs back to the main level of the engine room wiping her hands on the suit's legs

''It is done, it was quite simple'' she said walking over back to engineering

She took her comm-link out

''What is the situation?'' she called out as she noted Dylo's second lightsaber on the ground. She picked it up for obvious security reasons.
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am

As Republic officers and crew swarm around her on the way to their stations, Tethys flicks her own com. "All safe up here. You need us down there?"

((incidental? possibly followed by heading back down?))
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:25 am

''Probably, I think Layne ran off to face Zash alone...'' she replied while eyeing the corridor

''C'mon Layne, please tell us you waited''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:33 am

"On my way," Tethys says into the comlink clipped to her armored robes. With a semi-salute to the crew--they seem to be in pretty good shape overall now that they're back in proper atmosphere, so everything seems more or less under control up here--and a glance at Lunda, she takes off back toward Engineering, stubbing a toe a bit along the way but otherwise moving quickly.

---
D11 Dark Exodus--run back down to Engineering if we're still in rounds? I don't know at this point. Trust boost.: 2eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage

Will arrive down there next round (round 6), I guess? If we're still in rounds?
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 am

OOC: Still in rounds for now, due to dramatic tension and unresolved threads.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lunda Mae » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:02 am

Lunda followed suit, though the damage she sustained aiding Durasay was slowing her down.

OOC: Failed and she suffered another strain.

Lunda - Athletics: 1eP+2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:10 am

Durasay walked away from Baesal in the radiation zone, back towards the main engineering area they had entered from. Anger. Hatred. It all coursed through Durasay. It had ever since he had seen Dynos. His memory went back. Back to Nar Shaddaa. Seeing the damage done to Moyr. Even to Baesal. He had used stims to stabilize the Togruta. To bring Moyr back, despite the horrid damage she had taken.

He looked down at Dynos' body. He could hear his blood pumping through his heart. Lelia came to mind. And this monster, this... animal... had snuffed her talented life from the galaxy. His eyes narrowed, flashing that yellow-sanguine glow again, as he found his fingers grabbing the hilt of his vibrosword.

If he lives, he'll just escape. We don't have the resources to keep him imprisoned. No. He is an infiltrator, a rogue agent distracting us from a war we have to win.

Steeling himself, the Pantoran drew his weapon. There wasn't a guttural scream, or a cry of anguish. No. Just the click and hum of the vibro-servos coming to life.

The tip placed against Dynos Val's neck.

A push. All his anger and rage and hatred concentrated in the millimeter wide tip of metal at the end of his blade.

https://youtu.be/C2pOXKijFU0

Maneuver to move to Dynos. 2 strain, 2nd maneuver to draw vibrosword. Action. Coup de grace. If Destiny is spent to stop me, I will spend Destiny to not bring the vibrosword into whoever tried to stop me.

Wounds: 0/20
Strain: 9/12
Soak: 5
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:20 am

The intense hatred comming from Durasay could not have been missed. Admist the assembled Jedi, it was a beacon the shook the Togruta away from what she was doing to witness what the senator was about to do.

''Noooo!'' she shouted, trying interfere, dramatically throwing herself in the way

(OOC: Destiny flip to save Dylos)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:25 am

The Force connects all things. There is purpiose in the chaos of coincidence and happenstance. For many life is just a collection of random events but to a Jedi… to a Sith, there is something more. This is surely the case here as Baesal interevened she felt a presence behind the darkness goading Dursay to act, sure he had his valid reasons but there was a personal and dark connection… it was one they both knew well.

There is always a Master and an Apprentice, and in this Moment Baesal felt that cold touch of Korriban on her bones just as Durasay felt the hot streak of vengeance that was sparked on Nar Shaddaa.

Dynos would survive, but at what cost?
Always a Master and an Apprentice...
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:54 am

"He killed her! He killed my friend!" Durasay screamed as he was tackled by the Togruta, the vibrosword clattering against the durasteel bulkhead. His armor absorbing the majority of the impact, he raised himself up slowly, looking to Baesal.

"He took your arm! He's an animal! And he needs to be slaughtered, like an animal!" Rage burned in his words, as his face was a visage of hate.

"Why! Why are we letting him live! He's a spy! An infiltrator! He undermined this war effort, and he'll just escape if we let him live!"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:30 pm

''You do not know that'' she replied on an even tone while she was picking herself up the ground, annoyed. She understood the frustration but also saw a degree of hypocrisy in the Pantoran's accusations

He was an infiltrator but you have a few things in your closet as well, Blueballs.

''He might be vile but we are not. He will face justice and consequences for his crimes...but if virtue does move you then consider that he knows things we do not, possibly Zash's next steps, and we need all we can get.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:41 pm

OOC: Saving the crew and the Ship nets the team 5 Victory Points, each participant gained 15 Duty as well.
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:48 pm

"We don't have resources to hold him!" He was still enraged, "Or proper facilities! We couldn't even bring decent air support to ground Mandalorian Gunships, and now we have to waste resources keeping this trash fed and secure." Durasay's shoulders were shaking as he moved away from her, retrieving his sword.

"You think he'll talk! No. He has no reason to. We don't torture. We don't invade minds. He'll smile his stupid, kriffing smile, and wait for a moment to escape. And when he does, he'll come back, with a piece of cybertech that'll be beefier than the one you have."

Sheathing the weapon, he looked down at Dynos' body. "He'll keep her secrets, and we will waste resources, because right now? We're showing we lack the conviction and foresight to eliminate this creature, to do what is necessary to make the galaxy a safer place."

Typical Jedi. Always reacting. Never being proactive. This is why the Mandalorians picked Bankor. Because the Republic would be slow to react while we discussed things in committee. Pathetic.

He began to move away. "I'm going to find Layne. If you want him alive, you deal with him. Waste your time. I would have saved us the air recycling and extra rations."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:34 pm

“...what would have saved us extra rations?” Tethys swings around the doorframe and glides to a stop, her expression neutral but her eyes inquisitive.

((Thought that might be enough talking to be able to catch up now.))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:45 am

Baesal stood over Dylos with a cold stare. The senator's concern rang hollow to her fo it was clear that he wanted to sasiate his rage and bloodlust.

''Spare me your...''

She stopped speaking as Tethys walked in the room
Baesal Zyn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:33 am

"Nothing. Just a turn of phrase." He didn't look back to Baesal, though he did note the way she stopped when the other Jedi walked in. "She stopped the radiation. As I expected she would. She's very talented." He slowly kept the rage in check, if only because now it was getting very crowded.

"I'm going to find Layne." He walked past Tethys, heading down the hall the missing Jedi went.

Durasay Mixo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics