The metropolis of Uthan Mil.

Vizsla Fashion Week [ME3]

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Oddyn was wandering across the rubbles in search for more or less legitimate market entrepreneurs who could get him a simple thermal cloak.

[Cashing out 220]
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Re: Vizsla Fashion Week [ME3]

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 am

Durasay would consider this part of his duty. Watching as people begin to populate their civilian areas. The rebuilding and recuperating from an occupation. The first push of an offensive, letting people back into their homes. Moving along, armored boots tapping against the ground, he seemed in high spirits. Somehow, being back in a military lifestyle seemed to rejuvenate the Pantoran Senator. He moved down the pathway of makeshift shops and people beginning to restart a semblance of normal life.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:58 am

The Vizsla was glued to a mural left on a single wall that had once belonged to a gadget shop.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:05 pm

It was a stunning mural, or at least, one that stood out amongst the debris and rubble. Durasay approached the other man, crossing his arms over his chest, regarding it for a moment.

"It's a shame murals run the risk of being torn down, when calamity strikes."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Across the street there is a young soldier handing out food stuffs from the back of a speeder to the locals. The people needed food, and the base had plenty to spare it was a simple mater to “procure” what was needed and hand out to the masses.

No one would miss the stuff. Right?

OOC: Power reduced by 2.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Oddyn stepped away and looked at the other man whom he didn't know. His eyes narrowed slightly.

"It has served its purpose. Things like this don't last forever. They're just a projection of a mindset, values. Those are worth preserving, not shades their cast."

He then pointed to the man distributing food. "A humanitarian." He uttered with some distaste.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm

"A lot can be learned about beings from those shades. The memories, lessons from a culture." He didn't match the man's narrowed gaze. Instead, he took a moment to appreciate the piece, before looking to the other man.

"Some civilizations have disappeared completely, leaving only their artwork." A slight smile, before his attention was drawn to the soldier pointed out.

"You and I seem to have a different mindset about the situation. It's admirable, helping the downtrodden when one is able to do so."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:25 pm

"And what's the purpose of tracing those? Take pleasure that you last and they don't? Try to play make believe of being inheritor of something?" He shrugged. "If cultures live, they live. If they die, they die."

He paused. "We are indeed of different mindset. What I see is a man spoiling people, teaching them how to unlearn living on their own in their own home. He'll walk away, and they'll stay with their recurring want they no longer think they should meet themselves."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:22 am

"I disagree. With that aid, they can stop focusing on an immediate need of being fed, and instead, focus on things that require a little more attention. Rebuilding, fortifying. Developing infrastructure."

He shrugged. "And studying those lost cultures can show how prevent the loss of one's own civilization."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:21 am

"Doesn't make them less prone to hunger once you leave." Odd retorted. "To prevent the loss of you civilisation you need to take care of its survival. There's nothing else you need."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:08 pm

"But if they've had the ability to focus on restoring their own agriculture, than worrying about being hungry, that solves that problem itself." Durasay shrugged.

"It's not enough to survive. A civilization, a culture, must thrive."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:39 pm

"Thriving is a feature of those with supreme ways for survival." Oddyn didn't want to let this point go. "For the time being, the plan seems to be to give them fish rather than rods. From what I heard, some dumb Republic politicians also ordered draining wells where fresh water was available."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:50 pm

"It could be for developing irrigation to restart farmland. Long term goal with short term costs." He shrugged off the comment about politicians. "Have you ever been fishing when you're hungry? Unable to focus that even if you have the skill, your odds of catching go down. It's best to have a need taken care of to build up. It's not a hand out. It's a leg up."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Oddyn shook his head. "It's arrested survival. Getting legs up means you don't learn to jump and reach out even if it bloodies your fingers. Only nice things, safe things, while life is a struggle, a war. Maybe it's fine in the Republic, to encourage this or that haplesness. But then, elected politicians like docile populouses, don't they?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:47 am

"I prefer an engaged and vocal constituency. I enjoy having to convince beings." He smirked at that, and then shrugged. "It's only a struggle if one doesn't have the means to overcome it. That, charity, just gives those in need that they can focus on their real challenge."

Besides. No one is ever really docile. If they are docile, they lack the passion life demands.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:19 am

"Guess the Mando'ade can't be bothered to expect too much from these freeloaders." He shrugged. "This world may be indeed a better fit with the Republic, latching for structure, guidance and trickle-down benefits." He spat to the side with distaste. "You're from where?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:23 pm

"Pantora. A cold, beautiful moon, deep in the Outer Rim. Orbits Orto Plutonia." He relaxed his posture, seeming almost wistful when talking about it. "Your accent, and being so obviously Mandalorian, I want to guess... Concord Dawn?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 pm

"Taris. I wasn't born a Mando'ad." He paused. "Aliit ori'shya tal'din."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm

"That it is. Family tends to be something one makes, not just what one is born into." He spoke cooly with the Mandalorian, turning to more fully face him. "I've had Mandalorian friends, worked closely with one. It helps to learn as much as one can about one's friends, and I suppose, now adversaries."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:51 pm

"Mando'ade should always be on their side despite any colours they may be flying as part of their employ." He shrugged. "Here, the Republic is the invading force. It has chosen to make the Kryze their adversaries." He didn't know how to feel about an aruetii speaking his language with fluency.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:57 am

"Bankor is a Republic World. Deprived of proper defense forces because of being in the outer rim, but still a Republic World none the less. Kyrze drew first blood." Durasay said it without a hint of anger, or proselytizing. It was the cold, clinical precision of someone going over a tactical readout of resources. "This is about taking back what is ours, and giving these people the support they should have had to begin with."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:01 am

"And yet you let it descend into chaos through coups and such. You think that if you write your claims into some archives on Coruscant that seals the deal. But it's not how I'd look at it. Effective control matters. This intervention is likely to lead to another war-thorn planet your media will forget about in weeks or months after someone will unfurl the banner of Mission Accomplished even if it hasn't been. You should be thankful to the Mandalorians as a sanitising force in the Outer Rim, proving to you where, when and how you're slipping. Reassert yourself fully though victory, that's well and good. But if you fail to do that, it'll only prove the point the Kryze have already made."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:28 am

"Well. Lucky for us then. I don't accept anything less than total victory. And there's a reason I have a reporter accompanying me. She'll keep the story moving. Nothing stops the signal." The Pantoran focused on the larger Mandalorian before him, almost as if assessing him as he would any soldier that had been under his command. "That is one constant about the Mandalorians. History does prove their assaults are always at the points the Republic allowed itself to be weak. That weakness has to be eliminated. A cancer upon a government. Maybe this time, will finally be the time they get their collectives heads out of their bantha rears."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:48 am

Oddyn laughed at that, suddenly and cheerfully."Good! You have spine. Sure the Kryze are going to relish you as their enemy. Nothing kriffs the day more than an unworthy, cowardly opponent."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 am

"Isn't the first gunfight I've been to. Won't be the last either. What's the old saying? It's a good day for someone else to die? When it comes down to it, that's where I stand." He grinned at the burly warrior, and then extended a hand. "Durasay Mixo."

Durasay Mixo

Next
Forum Statistics