The metropolis of Uthan Mil.

Re: Downtown World [Day 3 EE]

Postby Teffa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:12 am

"You almost speak as of Jedi being as common as people who are left-handed, or left-leaning if they have more than two left hands," she said skeptically. "All right, a different branch with different orders. Any large government would have separate brands for roles and talents. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more, especially for the same mindset and talent. Any successful bureaucracy thrives on redundancy. Anyway! Sorry for the silly questions, you must get these all the time unless Jedi are commonplace around the Republic."
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:22 am

Tethys quirks an eyebrow as the Chiss captain runs through a train of thought out loud. "Not that common. Depending on where we go, yes, some of us do get quite used to questions."

With one eye on the bustle of the streets--there had still been bombs going off as recently as this morning, after all--she asks in return, "You're not a Republic citizen yourself, I take it, Captain. Where do you call home? Apart from your ship, of course."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Teffa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:48 am

Teffa let out a long sigh at the question, seemingly at a loss for an answer as she gave an open shrug with her hands. "No, not at all. As for home, I suppose there was a place I came from but I don't know if I could call it much of a home by now. It's been a few years ago but it feels almost like a lifetime by now, ever since I've emancipated myself from the homeworld. Most Chiss would move closer to the core and integrate themselves into the tight-knit fabric of our social structure, I've chosen to move outwards instead. Sure, I guess there's the Chiss Ascendancy."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:46 pm

She nods. "A point of origin more than a home. That's somewhat common in your profession, I've noticed. Though I certainly don't meet many Chiss who've left the nest in that way, compared to other Humans and Near-Humans." Less than a handful, in fact, now that she counts them up.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Teffa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:21 am

"The profession," she chuckled briefly. "That's something that came a few years afterwards. I've been wondering many systems and stations for many years before then. I suppose I've been moving freight before, although this is the first time I've done it with a ship and through hyperspace. I won't claim to be unique but I'll agree that there probably aren't many like me. My story can't be as exciting as a Jedi, of course."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am

"So you're new to your ship?" Tethys raises an eyebrow. "You spoke about freight hauling rather expertly--you had more or less convinced me you were a veteran."

"Some Jedi have exciting stories, but usually not because we seek them. Many of us are happy to be dull and useful." She shrugs a shoulder, lips quirking.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Teffa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:21 pm

She did manage to sound pretty convincing, didn't she? And here she thought she overshot the act. Teffa chuckled at that. "I've done a few runs already to know the goings-on of the business and I'd like to think that I pick up things pretty easily. Arbee filled me in on the rest. It probably helps that I've spent my time around people of the business, probably some time ago when I had to serve drinks or was that when I was doing courier work?"

"Anyway! I am looking to be the same thing," she said with a few enthusiastic nods and then was quick to amend her statement. "More so useful than dull, however. I don't think you'd rather have us stand around and loaf."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 am

"Useful is the more essential part," Tethys agrees. "Dull... one shouldn't crave excitement, but if it comes, it comes. I gather you've had plenty."

((Should we work toward tying this off, since we're 3 IC days past it? Happy to do another thread with Teffa on D6/7... :) ))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Teffa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:07 am

"Plenty, that's for sure," she gave a short laugh. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing more of it right about now. "Maybe dullness would do me some good, I could use that time to contemplate my next direction or maybe even find some insight through introspection, however unlikely that might be..."

"Speaking of dull work. I should head back to the hangar to check up on the ship and Arbee. Being Captain is hard sometimes with all the running around you have to do...I'll catch you later, Tethys!" She gave the other woman a small wave before she took a walk around then made her way toward the direction of the base.

/exit

(Sure!)

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Previous
Forum Statistics