The fertile hills surrounding Uthan Mal.

(D11 EA) Aggressive Negotiations

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:22 am

Event Type: Side Event
Power Cost: 0
Participants: 4
Timeslots: Early Afternoon

Description: Keilynn Varad has called for a meeting back on the planet. While it is implied that she expects her sister to be delivered, the Republic has made no promises on its end. She has stated that she will be alone and intends to not raise her weapons against any that come.

Rules: Open to player interpretation. Also allowing them to come planet-side via shuttle.

Rewards/Outcome: To be determined by outcome.

Trust Modified: N/A
Power Modified: N/A
Duty Earned: N/A
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Re: (D11 EA) Aggressive Negotiations

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Firmly strapped in, Niall's face was impassive as the team rode the shuttle down. This could be one of the harder negotiations he'd engaged in. Or perhaps one of the easier. It all depended on Keilynn. Thinking of what he knew of the family, he personally expected harder.

Niall's expression brightened somewhat as he looked around at the rest of the team, giving each of them a nod.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Z's hat was over his eyes, as he leaned against the seat of the shuttle, but he still gave the man a slight nod when he looked in his direction. The sunglasses he wore were useful for a few things. "Should be almost there." He offered from his seat, he'd brought a full weapons load out, but hopefully he wouldn't need it."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Lyseil was wearing the House Panteer Forces armor, which was pretty much like an armored uniform as well. Her expression was outwardly calm, but serious... she didn't expect a fight, but was prepared for it just in case.

She checked the package with the armor and blade once more, giving a nod to Niall as he looked in her direction. "Hope your Mando'a is good, Captain."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Cole, spectacles firmly in place, was reviewing Eralynn’s medical files one last time, datapad in slender fingers as the information populated before his eyes.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm

When the shuttle landed, there was one woman in the open field: Keilynn Rodarch. Her burning red hair flew up into the air due to the craft's landing. She had her electrostaff resting on her shoulders and appeared to be alone as she had promised. "Republic personnel, no sister from what I can see. Are you here under to capture me?" she asked plainly.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Niall stepped forward, taking the lead, his cape flapping in the wind. "You are correct. We did not bring your sister. And no. We are not here to capture you."

He cleared his throat. "Instead, we have some things to give to you. Some are actual objects. Some information that I think you'll appreciate. And then a request." He gave her a nod. "I expect you may have some things for us as well. Perhaps questions, at the very least?" He looked at her, eyebrows going up.
Niall Organa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:46 pm

(( As per Nekoinu ))

Before disembarking, Cole had a shot of what he’d come to think of as Triple-S, the flexible cocktail of drugs tailored to keep Republic soldiers alert and fighting fit, for each of them.

——
D11 EA: Stim Application-Cole; Medicine, Mini-Med, Physician’s Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+2eD 4 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Success Mini-Med, +1 Advantage Physician’s Kit

Cole gains +1 Prescence and takes 3 Strain.

D11 EA: Stim Application-Niall; Medicine, Mini-Med, Physician’s Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage

Niall gains +1 to a stat of choice and takes 0 Strain.

D11 EA: Stim Application-Lyseil; Medicine, Mini-Med, Physician’s Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+2eD 5 successes, 1 Triumph
+1 Success Mini-Med; +1 Advantage Physician’s Kit

Lyseil gains +1 to a stat of choice and takes 0 Strain.

D11 EA: Stim Application-Zane; Medicine, Mini-Med, Physician’s Kit: 2eP+3eA+2eB+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

Zane gains +1 to a stat of choice and takes 1 Strain.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 pm

"I only came for my sister. But I will what you have for me." She kept a respectable distance and a casual stance with her weapon. "I would have thought that your people would have sent someone more familiar with my people, my culture, instead of aruetii."
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:51 pm

(Lyseils gains +1 Cunning from Cole's drugs)

The sergeant carried the box forward at Niall's signal, and opened up the lid to reveal Eralynn's armor and ritual blade. It had been properly stored with respects.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm

((Will gain +1 agility from Cole's drugs. Just in case things go tits up.))

Zane kept to the background for the moment, he had some things he could share, but he wanted Niall to do the talking first.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Keilynn glanced at the armor and then back to Lyseil. "Thank you," she said with a genuine smile, "You may set them down. I'll carry them myself when I depart." She then raised an eyebrow and looked at each of them present. Her grip tightened on her staff. "She is alive, correct?"
Nekoinu

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:29 pm

When Niall didn’t field the question, Cole ran a hand through his blonde curls and spoke up, “she is alive, and receiving medical care, courtesy of the Republic.” He subtly indicated to the Medical Corps insignia on his dress uniform.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:28 am

"I see." The woman relaxed her stance and looked back to the caped man. "What information do you have for me then? Is this information supposed to have me neglect my sister?"
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 am

"We cannot release your sister to you. I'm sorry." Niall said, tone and expression serious. "But to do so would be a betrayal of every innocent she killed, and every soldier who died to bring her in. I can only promise that we will treat her with respect."

He gave a quick nod to Zanebry. "The information is a gift to you, regardless of what else happens here. How you make use of it is up to you."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:40 am

"Mrs Rodarch." Zane offered her the woman a smile as he stepped forward. "I'm Zanebry Varliss, and if your information gathering skills are as good as I've been told, I have no doubt you've heard of me."

"I'm not hear to talk about your sister, but the man that caused her to act in the way she did... One Orar Varad, I trust you've heard that name too."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:43 pm

Keilynn tapped her fingers on her staff. "I see. Right now I have her armor. In a few days, we will see if you change your mind about my sister."

Her attention shifted to the hatted man. "How bold. Did one of Clan Ordo or Clan Kelborn teach you to keep your chin up?" She then smirked faintly. "You foiled some other followers of the Resol'nare in the Y'Toub System. Caused a fuss then, but your actions went out of my view.

"I know of Orar Varad too. Befriended my sister," she stated with a blank tone, "Speak your piece. It must be important enough to meet me here despite not bringing my sister."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:49 am

"Our minds won't be changed, and any actions you take will likely cause her nothing but pain, she's already told me she has started to regret what she has done, just like she told me of the time you saved her from drowning, all those years ago." He raised his hand up to remove his shades, better to look someone in the eye at times like this.

"Orar Varad is far from your sisters friend. In fact I am fairly certain he is the man who murdered her husband, or at the very least orchestrated his death. The exact reason why other then he want's to set the Mandolorian clans against the republic is still something of a mystery. Though it's my impression he is a operative for the Empire."

There was a moments pause as he regarded Keilynn in a cool gaze."Your sister also informed me you were familiar with domino's and how when the pieces fall they can create a picture, and as a bounty hunter I assume you are doubly familiar with this. So I'll set down the pieces and you can tell me if you come up with a similar picture when it comes into place. "Eralynn, told me she met Orar shortly after her husbands death. When she was overcome with grief, in a time of spiritual weakness she called it. He told her tales about the ruthless slaughter the Republic inflicted on the clan, and how her husband fell in it, and how he himself barely survived. Though thinking back on it, there was a inconsistency there at least to her. Zarren always described him as a boisterous man, likely to lead the charge more then anything.

It could be a coincidence this next part, how after he traveled to Nar Shaddaa to gather aide, that her husbands Armor appeared on the black market. Some of the other points of the story are far more telling. He did gather resources, and not by the normal means, but through blackmail. He used a woman's children against her... And set free one Melv Tannol, a otherwise unremarkable man, except for the fact he murdered Captain Organa's sister, as well one Malto Brin, a Hutt enforcer known more for his brutality then skill. Personally, I wonder why bother with either one of them, neither of them have the grit to be Mandolorians."

"There was one other thing he gathered there though, when he used blackmail to free Melv Tannol, and that was an acesss to a list of bounties. All that could be had, and it's that information that he's used to fuel his rise to power. No need to put yourself in danger when you can choose the easiest bounties and simply make them look difficult to those on the outside, and frankly why else would he need that information? The hunt in supposed to be half the challenge after all." He finished with a half smile.

"The most telling piece of evidence thogh is his absence... This is likely the largest battle against the Republic that clan Varad will see in his life time, and he is supposedly on a quest for vengeance like your sister. So where is he? A boisterous man, a skilled warrior, a Mandolorian should be here to enact his own revenge. That he isn't only points to one thing. He manipulated your sister, made a weapon out of her for his own devices, and he's out there in the galaxy somewhere preparing more of the same. He never expected her to succeed, but to die and leave a blood filled trail along the way."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:58 am

Lyseil felt oh so grateful for her own discipline and social acumen to prevent her from being absolutely surprised at all the details Z was telling, but... at least the final part made sense to her. Where was Orar Varad, if not here?

She cast her gaze carefully around them, checking for snipers, as she maintained her professional posture with her arms linked together infront of her. If the woman would signal for attackers, it might be now.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:08 am

"I tried to rescue her then," Keilynn corrected with a small grin, "We were both young girls then. There is no reason why she would tell you about any weakness unless she saw some reason to trust you." She glanced at the others involved in the meeting. "She may be displeased to know more people know beyond us two, though."

The bounty huntress set down her staff to a resting position as she listened more to the man's tale. She kept her face cool and relaxed but her eyes were in deep thought, searching for an answer. "Awfully convenient if Orar Varad is from the Sith Empire. your long-standing enemy. You speak of him using Eralynn against your people and then are suggesting I feel anger towards him for his manipulations." She kicked a bit of dirt with her boot and smiled. "Awfully convenient. Would I not be driven to kill this man too?"
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:44 am

"That something is convenient does not mean it is false." Niall said, his tone as serious as ever. "You can make your own judgments, of course. But, if you do, consider the character of the Sith Empire." He hesitated for a moment. "-and of us. I should like to think that facing us in battle, and now here in peace, that you've taken the measure of our character."

He inclined his head solemnly to her. "Regardless, as I said before, the information is a gift to you, to do with as you choose. Exactly what that means is for you to decide." Niall smiled then, just a little. "Not everyone can choose their destiny, but everyone can at least choose their own actions."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 am

"I know you came here hoping for peace. You have a far greater problem to deal with than my warband." She pointed up towards the station. "It may be possible that my sister regrets coming here to wage war against your Republic. After all, her fury may have been misplaced, a reality that I am displeased with." Keilynn gave a soft shrug. "However, spilling Republic blood here on Bankor will be no mistake. I know you have my sister and that there is no deception in this case. I delivered my demands plainly to your people and have had them refused."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:18 am

"And whose fault is that Keilynn?" Zane asked softly? "If you look back on this. A man manipulated your sister, while you were off doing what? Hunting bounties?"

Zane's voice was hard as he continued. "You knew her path, and sat back and watched it. You only moved after Aaroth begged for your help. If he hadn't l, you wouldn't be here even now. And yet you claim you care for her now? When the only thing in this galaxy she wishes for is death?"

"Arent you far too late? About two years by my count? You think you can save her now, after you left her to drown?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:37 am

"Fighting the Republic won't save your sister from the fate Orar Varad set her on, nor will it do anything more than to play into the hands of those who manipulated her." Lyseil offered in a softer, sympathetic tone.

"However, if there are outside forces manipulating the Mando'ade into conflict the Republic - then do we not have a common enemy? I don't mean the Kryze or the others who follow Varo Kryze, but the one's who are pulling the strings in the shadows; who would probably see your people sacrificed to achieve their own goals."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:07 am

"I made a mistake!" she shouted. Keilynn gripped her staff handle and shut her eyes. "I made a mistake," she repeated quieter, her lip quivering. The woman opened her eyes and took a breath. "And I am here to correct it. I have to fight for her freedom. And with me, she'll recover."
Nekoinu

Next
Forum Statistics