Named after a native marine creature, this region is rugged and popular with tourism.

Re: (D1 LA) Distress Call

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:48 am

((I’m only 2g1b on most social things. 4g1b on Coercion, but I’d much prefer a friendly approach. Illyria may have Presence stuff?))
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Illyria Acaran » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am

(( 3Y1G + 1 advantage for deception, 3Y+ 1 advantage for charm, and can use deception instead of coercion

Also setback reduction to interview people ))
Republic ● Pantoran ● Propagandist
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 am

((Looks like we are going with Illyria chatting then, with charm if we wish to keep things civil. Tethys can assist, unless Zane is preferred for it. If everyone is ok with that.))
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Galen Sol » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:09 pm

(Sounds good to me.)
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:13 pm

((I’m down for that.))

“Then let’s go and say hello, shall we?” Tethys cocks an eyebrow at the telegenic reporter, inviting her to show off some of her interview tactics.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Illyria Acaran » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Illyria tapped on her controls to let C4N-D1D do its job unsupervised, then stepped to the forefront, carefully rotating one belt so that the blaster was moved out of sight. She stepped forward, flicked at her lapels to accentuate her features and cast some favorable lighting on her face, and approached one of the lingering civilians. The word 'Press' stenciled itself over her tailored, armor lined jacket, and she began with a smile.

"I'm Illyria Acaran, from Pantoran Sector News and reporting with Republic Fleet News. We received a distress signal from this sector.... What happened? Is everyone okay? What's the situation, and is anyone injured or in need of care?"

Distress Call: Charming the locals. Upgrade from cascader, flipping destiny for upgrade, boost from Tethys. In the Know to suppress setback from Trust.: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Carries: Custom tailored armored jacket (or lector's outfit if appropriate), modified Model 80 blaster pistol, assorted communication and recording equipment, backpack and pouches, stimpacks, spare blaster pack, C4N-D1D the cam droid, goggles and breathing mask, canteen
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:46 am

A woman opened the door by a crack. She looked the group over and then gave a weak smile. "You seem like decent folk," she said in a solemn tone. "I'm guessing the rain covered your approach." She appeared to hope that was the case.

---

Those who went up to the door can make a Hard Perception Check without the setback from the weather. You cannot assist each other but you both roll.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:51 am

"I think we can live up to 'decent,'" Tethys says with calm sincerity. "Better than that, even, I hope. We flew in low and fast--from the sound of it, there was some kind of emergency here?" She spreads her hands, inviting response.

Focused on conveying her benign intentions, she doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary (but at least doesn't screw anything up!).

--
D1 LA event--Perception (Cunning) at Hard, hahaha: 2eA+3eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tethys Carrack

Postby Illyria Acaran » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:48 am

"Then I'll be glad for the rain," Illyria said with a genuine smile, taking a softer tone to try and warm the woman to them, "Here I'd been annoyed with it, giving our pilot a little trouble what with the crosswind and all."

C4N-D1D beeped into her headpiece on their private comms channel and highlighted something on her display, drawing her attention to something new.

Distress Call: Hard Perception(Cunning), assist from Cam Droid: 4eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:55 am

The woman lowered her eyes. "Maybe the wind gave you a false lead here." The reporter could see that there was something off about the woman's figure. Underneath her bulky clothes were bulges that were out of place. Her chest was also rising and falling at a fast rate. "Maybe you ought to check somewhere else."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:00 am

Zane for his part stayed a few paces away, eyes open to the surroundings. If there was something off here, he didn't want anyone to get the drop on them.

His hand wasn't nessacarily near his blaster, but that would hardly be a problem for him.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Illyria Acaran » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:36 am

Illyria smiled conciliatory and tapped her pad a few times, making notes with a nod of her head while also tapping a message for C4N-D1D to broadcast to the commlinks the other three held. I think she's armed?

"Can you tell us what other villages would be nearby that we should try searching then? In the mean time I can at least get a little bit of B-roll, I guess?" she said, lifting her gaze back up to the woman.

Distress Call: Lying to the locals! Deception, upgrade from cascader, advantage from tailored jacket: 3eP+1eA 3 successes, 2 advantages, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImage
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 am

A pair of frown lines appear between the tall Jedi’s eyebrows, but she doesn’t make any sudden moves, just says coolly to the twitchy woman in the doorway, “It’s just as Ms. Acaran says. Our main concern is to make sure no one out here gets hurt before the area is secured.”
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:06 am

Lying? That didn't sound good. Z gave Galen, a meaningful look, before beginning to examine the building. Hoping to spot a window or something then might be able to peek into.

He tries to be casual about the whole thing, not wanting to raise the suspicions of anyone inside.

((Will roll if needed, I figured I need perception, and skulduggery Maybe? Or would deception or stealth be better?)

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:10 am

The woman looked around outside and then back to the reporter. "I have a family, please understand." She trembled in her spot but kept the door mostly closed. "You need to go now. Don't send anyone else. None of you can be seen here."

---

D1 LA Difficult for Deception: 2eD 0 successes
ImageImage
Nekoinu

Postby Illyria Acaran » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:20 am

Illyria gave her a confused look, then simply let her audio recorder take over the broadcast instead so Zane and Galen could hear what was being said.

"Is something wrong?" she said softly, dropping her voice while stepping closer to the woman slightly, "She's a Jedi, and we can protect you. But we can't help unless you let us know what's wrong and how to help..."
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:23 am

"I have two kids to worry about," she said, as ways of keeping her lips sealed.

---

You may roll a Charm (Presence) Check at Hard Difficulty with one die upgraded due to destiny. Gain one boost from prior rolls.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:31 am

Zane would listen to the conversation, as he ghosted around towards the side of the building. He wasn't sure if anyone would be inside, aside from the woman and her two children. It didnt hurt to check though.

Stealth versus average difficulty: 2eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Perception to see inside the building: 3eA+1eP 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Illyria Acaran » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:54 am

"I'm worried about them too," Illyria agreed, "We heard someone was in distress, so we're here to help."

She let that hang in the air for only a moment before earnestly adding, "Please, let us? Help us?"

----
Counter flipping, because Hard rolls are hard.

Distress Call: Charming the locals. Upgrade from cascader, flipping destiny for upgrade, boost from Tethys, boost from GM. counter destiny flip for difficulty, plus free advantage from tailored jacket: 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eD+1eC 3 successes, 6 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:09 am

Zanebry was able to go up to the window and confirm what the woman had suggested. The older child was currently cradling the younger and neither noticed him at all.

As for the woman herself, she bit down on her lip. "It's all a trap. I... Have a bomb and it's supposed to kill some of you and then they'll come out and kill the rest. They... They didn't give me a choice."
Nekoinu

Postby Galen Sol » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:16 am

As the woman revealed what was happening, Galen had casually turned his attention to the ground, looking for signs of how many people may be around. The rain might make finding tracks difficult, but he was well practiced in it.

- - -
(D1 LA) Distress Call, Checking for tracks, Expert Tracker negates 1S: 1eA+2eP 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImage
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:28 am

Tethys frowns, forcing herself to let the chilly rain wash away her flaring anger at the kind of beings who would strap a bomb to a helpless civilian. Keeping her voice low and calm, she says, "Who has the trigger? You or them? We may be able to get it off you."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 am

"She's not lying about the kids." Z murmured into his com as he stepped away from the window. Still being quiet as he moved closer to the group.

If they were setting a trap, they had to be close by... Somewhere they could pop up quickly. Hopefully Galen could tell them where.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Illyria Acaran » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:41 am

Nekoinu wrote:As for the woman herself, she bit down on her lip. "It's all a trap. I... Have a bomb and it's supposed to kill some of you and then they'll come out and kill the rest. They... They didn't give me a choice."

"Can you tell us where the bomb is, and how it's triggered?" Illyria said, echoing the Jedi. She was glad the camera wasn't pointing at her face at the moment... she hoped. She didn't quite like the notion of getting blown to bits on live uplink.
PF Description Theme
Illyria Acaran

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:49 am

((I'm going to turn in soon, but I'll note here for the record that Tethys will try to help the woman get the vest off safely if at all possible. She has 2y1g for Mechanics and could use destiny to upgrade the last green to a yellow...))
Tethys Carrack

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics