Named after a native marine creature, this region is rugged and popular with tourism.

Sunset (D2 LE, open)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:56 am

Tethys stashes the speeder bike she'd checked out from the motor pool in the shadow of a cliff. She walks a little ways away from it toward the shore, letting the sound of the waves fill her ears and the sea air fill her lungs--ow. Frowning, she pulls up the hem of her tunic and presses lightly on the already-darkening patch of skin over her ribs, hissing softly between her teeth.

All right, so apparently she didn't completely escape injury from that wild dive she'd had to take to avoid an unexpected Mandalorian patrol. But she's no great stranger to pain and doesn't let it throw her off balance. Her kit is in the bike's saddlebag and she can patch herself up later if necessary; for now, she's not going to let a little discomfort get in the way of enjoying this. It may be selfish, but it's been half a dozen worlds at least since the last time she'd watched a good ocean sunset.

---

D6 ME--Resilience vs. Hard + setback from trust: 2eA+3eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I believe that's 4 wounds taken.
Last edited by Tethys Carrack on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: Sunset (D2 ME, open)

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:02 am

A trail of blood announced his presence, a Mandalorian had stuck a knife in his shoulder and sadly he could not reach it. This was going to be awkward and he thought to rip it out with the Force when he noticed he was not alone. His killer instincts kicked in before he noticed it was one of the Jedi he had met… strangely enough it should have kept him on edge but he relaxed instead.

Maybe she could aid him with this predicament…

OOC: Draagh took 3 wounds.

Draagh Resilience check: 2eP+3eA+3eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:08 am

"What the fuck was that shit..." Garth was talking to himself as he zoomed away from base and parked Tallulah at the same spot on the same beach as yesterday, although in the poorer light, he tripped over the root of a local tree and smashed his head on a rock.

"Son of a...."

------------------
D2 ME dangerous beaches: 3eA+2eF+3eD 2 failures, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

Converting LS into successes, still taking 4 wounds
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:14 am

They pair would hear a speed from off in the distance a little bit seconds before it came screaming around a bend blasting down the beach moving faster than they knew they could they see him dart off the beach and emerge closer to the pair breathing heavy a mean scorch mark on his side. "Bloody hell those mandos are accurate little fucks" he says through gritted teeth as he pulls a stim pack out and administers it. He looks at the fellow beach goers.

"well hey folks fighting really kicked up today huh?" he says as he hops off the bike.

contested stealth: hard stealth check for contested zone 1 set back for trust: 5eA+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

4 wounds stimpacked
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 am

"Well when ya drive that slow, ya make 'n easy target." Garth sends a dig Jax's way. "But it seems this sector is popular with both sides this evenin'."
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:24 am

"One these days Garth I'm gonna make you eat those words along with my dust." he said in a good natured rib
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:35 am

"Lookin' forward to it, a good challenge makes us both better for it." Looking around Garth recognises a couple of fellow diggers from the relief effort earlier today.

"Howdy."
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 am

“Oh... hello.” By now seated cross-legged on a boulder, Tethys twists to look back up the shore upon sensing and hearing the men behind her. Although Draagh is the only one she knows by name, she recognizes all of them from the resistance camp. “Here for the sunset?” She quirks an eyebrow as she calls out to them. “You look a little worse for the wear. I’ll get the medkit, shall I?”
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:24 am

Draagh tried to hide the obvious injury with a knife sticking out of the back of his lower should in that sweet spot he couldn’t reach himself… it was awkward and he felt a bit embarrassed asking for aid, so he stayed quiet like sad tree.
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:28 am

"Sorry, didn' catch yer names earlier at the relief efforts. Ah'm Garth," he wanders over to the friendly lass and just cups a little water from the beach in his hand, splashing it cross the wound in his head. Grimacing slightly as the salt water enters the cut he grunts through gritted teeth.

"Ah'll be right, big tall and wounded over there got somethin' a little more severe." He added as he pointed to Draaargh.
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am

Tethys slips down off her boulder and circles around toward her borrowed bike, which brings her behind the big mercenary. She raises her eyebrows higher at the actual knife still sticking out of his back. An injury like that would have most humans vibrating through the Force with their pain; Draagh must have impressive mental control. "Yes, all right," she agrees, shaking her head. "But I wouldn't do that again if I were you, Mr. Garth. Just because that water is salty doesn't make it sterile."

She reaches the bike and starts rummaging through the saddlebags. "I can help you with that, Mr Draagh. You might want to sit down, though. If you fall over I'm not going to be able to pick you up again."

Tucking a stray loc back into her chignon, she adds over her shoulder to Garth and Jax, "I'm Tethys, by the way. Tethys Carrack. As Mr. Draagh here already knows."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 am

Lifting the bottom of his shirt up to wipe down his head, leaving his hair horrifically spiked and tinted with red blood, Garth dried off before heading over to help Tethys with an extra pair of hands if she needed it.

"May not be sterile, but ma always doused any of m' childhood injuries in salt water. Never did me no harm back then, and I guess the habit kinda stuck Ms Carrack."
Garth Wayne

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 am

Jax smiles at the woman "Nice to meet you, Name's Jax. Figured it'd be a good night for a speeder drive and the beach has some of the best open terrain around. plus speeding down the beach with sunset as a backdrop sounds like a pretty cool image ya know?" he said chuckling he looks at Draagh "that looks kinda nasty man how long did you run around with that in your back?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Re: Sunset (D2 LE, open)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 am

"Saline is good. Seawater is... full of microorganisms. Which are what make the planet live, but I don't know that you want them in your bloodstream," Tethys says, the corners of her lips twitching up as she pulls a few necessary items out of her kit. It's a fully-stocked medpac, and she's done basic first aid on people in far worse shape than Draagh before... sometimes successfully, even.

She closes her eyes and briefly imagines she sees the face of her last patient, the hapless hired gun who didn't make it yesterday. With a sigh, she releases his memory and her regret into the warm embrace of the Force, letting the sunset light and sea air cheer her again.

"This is a good place," she agrees with Jax as she turns back toward the men. "Better if there weren't Mandalorians every hundred meters between here and the town, but still."

---

OOC: Garth, if you happen to have Medicine above 1 we can do the fancy combined skill check, otherwise I guess you could give an extra boost? Should be an easy roll in any case.

Tethys will not touch Draagh without his permission, though. For a few reasons.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 am

Garth holds the patient still while Tethys starts her work.

"There were fish in it today, so it can' be too toxic yeah?"

(Just the vanilla boost no med skills sorry)
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Draagh nodded and said to those gathered, “Thank you, it was a parting gift from a less than pleasant Mandalorian. I appreciate the aid.”

“My only regret is that I will be unable to return it.”

OOC: Easy Medicine check, setback due to being in the field.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:55 pm

"Hmm." Tethys probes the injury gently with sterile-gloved fingertips. "The Force was with you, my friend. Your Mandalorian didn't nick anything important." She carefully extracts the knife, then cleans and tapes up the wound. After that she'll get some analgesic and a clean bandage on Garth's head wound, too, if only to keep the bleeding from making an even bigger mess of his clothes.

When she's done she quirks an eyebrow at Jax, who looks a little roughed up but doesn't show any signs of discomfort. Perhaps he's already taken care of himself.

---
D1 LE--Medicine check for my Sith buddy, Easy, 1 setback for field conditions+1 for trust level, 2 bonuses from Garth and med kit: 1eP+2eA+2eB+1eD+2eS 1 success

Draagh heals... one Wound for that odd roll, and one Strain from the medpac's auto advantage.

D12LE--Medicine check for Garth, Easy, 1 setback for field conditions+1 for trust level, 2 bonuses from Garth and med kit: 1eP+2eA+2eB+1eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage

Garth heals 2 Wounds and 2 Strain.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:03 am

"Weren't necessary, but thanks for the effort. It'll heal up much quicker now ah'm sure."

Sitting down on the rocks, Garth lets the scenic view wash over him.

"Ah see why ya came out here Ms Carrack. Been a busy day and this kinda just...calms m' soul."
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 am

"You have my thanks," he replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:26 am

"You can repay me by avoiding the wrong ends of knives in the future, Mr. Draagh." Tethys shrugs one shoulder. "Though perhaps we should call ourselves square already, since you did come to the water project site today."

She puts away the last objects from her kit, seals up the waste container into which she's stuffed her dirty gloves, and drifts back toward her own rocky seat not far from Garth. "I lived on the ocean as a little girl," she explains. "It's quite different from one planet to the next, but there's still something about almost all terrestrial oceans that brings peace to the spirit. For me, at least."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:53 am

Jax found a spot on the sand near them and sat down with one knee bent one arm resting on it and another supporting him. "Yeah I know what you mean, they aren't the flashiest thing I've seen travelling the galaxy but they certainly have a certain quality that instills tranquility."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:48 am

“I will do my best to uphold that request, master Jedi,” Draagh replied.

“In a war zone that may be difficult.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 am

"Good ta know we got helpful support teams to patch us up if we cann'a manage it though." Garth adds as he picks up a rock and skips it across the water.
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:05 am

Tethys draws up her knees--wincing a little as the movement tweaks the bruise on her side--and props her chin on her arms. "Hmm. You strike me as a person with some experience in self-defense, at least. You two as well," she adds, cocking an eyebrow at Jax and Garth.

Her lips quirk a little as Garth sends his stone skimming across the surface of the water. "Not flashy, but essential. It was only when it was explained to me in terms of the ocean that I really understood what the Force was."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:10 am

“As do you, master Jedi,” Draagh responded as he tested his shoulder, “The ability to mend wounds is far rarer than making wounds.”
Dapper Dog

Next
Forum Statistics