Named after a native marine creature, this region is rugged and popular with tourism.

Re: Sunset (D2 LE, open)

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys draws up her knees--wincing a little as the movement tweaks the bruise on her side--and props her chin on her arms. "Hmm. You strike me as a person with some experience in self-defense, at least. You two as well," she adds, cocking an eyebrow at Jax and Garth.

"Heh, me ah'm a born coward." Garth jokes. "Ah'd rather run away fr'm trouble than t'wards it. Defensin' others though? That's worth makin' an exception fer."

Tethys Carrack wrote:Her lips quirk a little as Garth sends his stone skimming across the surface of the water. "Not flashy, but essential. It was only when it was explained to me in terms of the ocean that I really understood what the Force was."

"Mind if I hear that understandin' Ms Carrack? One a the low level Jedi seems t' think ah'm touched by it, but I dunno much of it."
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:32 am

"A Force sensitive?" he asked.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:35 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys draws up her knees--wincing a little as the movement tweaks the bruise on her side--and props her chin on her arms. "Hmm. You strike me as a person with some experience in self-defense, at least. You two as well," she adds, cocking an eyebrow at Jax and Garth.

"Uhh I mean I can handle a blaster well enough but I'm not so good with my hands if I'm charging into battle it'll be in some kind of cock pit or drivers seat." he said with a small little laugh.

He raised an eyebrow at Garth "Never much understood the thing myself but I've seen what it can do if the person knows how to use it."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:36 am

Garth nods. "You know 'bout this stuff too? Man, everyone but me." He jokes lightly.

"Yeah, she said m' reflexes and stuff may not be as nat'ral as ah thought. May be a gift from m' mother."
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:44 am

"Ah good, now if by some chance you end up beating me in the race I can blame it on a bit of mystical assistance." Jax says light heartedly and gave the man a light punch on the arm.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:49 am

"Huh." Tethys turns a quizzical look on Garth. "Your mother was Force-sensitive, but no one thought to check you? That's unusual." She glances out to sea again with a faint smile and adds, "I can tell you the version that worked for me. Each person's frame of reference is different, though, at least at first."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:52 am

Jax Dolross wrote:"Ah good, now if by some chance you end up beating me in the race I can blame it on a bit of mystical assistance." Jax says light heartedly and gave the man a light punch on the arm.

"If?" Garth niggles back. "We each got our own style and tricks, but if ya need ta find a reason for why ya lose. So be it."

Tethys Carrack wrote:"Huh." Tethys turns a quizzical look on Garth. "Your mother was Force-sensitive, but no one thought to check you? That's unusual." She glances out to sea again with a faint smile and adds, "I can tell you the version that worked for me. Each person's frame of reference is different, though, at least at first."

"M' mother was apparently a proper Jedi, not just touched, like me." He pulls out the Ilum crustal that hangs around his neck. "She gave me this, before she passed."
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:04 am

“An Illum crystal is more than just an heirloom, they are used in lightsabers,” Draagh replied.

“Either your mother was hiding you for a reason or many people have done you a disservice,” the man replied softly.

“Seems an odd turn of events, from what I know of the Jedi Order. I suppose master Jedi Tethys would know better,” he said respectfully.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:36 am

"It is odd," Tethys agrees, measuring her words and feeling carefully for the guidance of her instincts as this conversation turns out to be a good bit more fraught than she'd been expecting. "I don't know your mother's story, but most Jedi who bear children make certain that the Order knows about it. Strength in the Force does run in some families, and strength without control can be dangerous. For us, or for the people around us."

Actually, two things are a bit odd about this--that the son of a Jedi could get all the way to adulthood without the Order knowing about it, and that the nobody from Empire space Draagh had presented himself as could know much about illum crystals. One is much odder than the other, though.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:39 am

“Maybe she was not a Jedi in good standing?” Draagh offered.
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:48 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"It is odd," Tethys agrees, measuring her words and feeling carefully for the guidance of her instincts as this conversation turns out to be a good bit more fraught than she'd been expecting. "I don't know your mother's story, but most Jedi who bear children make certain that the Order knows about it. Strength in the Force does run in some families, and strength without control can be dangerous. For us, or for the people around us."

"Mebbe they thought ah was dead?" Garth proposes. "Apprently ah was shot out on an escape pod before m' mother's ship blew up. Mebbe they assumed I were still on it too."

Dapper Dog wrote:“Maybe she was not a Jedi in good standing?” Draagh offered.

Garth's head whipped around and he glared with narrowed eyes at the knowledgeable Draagh. He wanted to lash out at him, but the recent talk with Lunda was still fresh in his mind and he took several long calming breaths instead.
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 am

He seem nonplussed and replied, “You’re not your mother but her not telling the Jedi Order seems rather odd from what I know of them. It is a plausible suggestion, even if it is one you don’t wish to hear.”

“Our parents are just as flawed as we are.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:10 am

"If she had not been in good standing... that would be all the more reason for the Order to keep an eye on her, and you." Tethys's light alto voice is low and measured, calming. "It may be that they did think you had died. But if so... you were raised by someone who knew of your mother, who told you about her, and they kept you from the Jedi. That is still strange."

She looks back out to sea, frowning slightly. "I was a war orphan too, probably. I don't even know who my parents were, but the Jedi still found me and taught me, eventually. If my mother had been a Jedi, and my foster family knew about it, I know it would have happened even sooner."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:14 am

"Could be a bunch of reasons. On both things." Garth conceded eventually.

"But what's in the past is past yeah? Not much ah c'n do about it now." This was all still new to Garth, so he shut down a little, although it was his fault for bringing it up in the first place.
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:15 am

Draagh knelt and ran his fingers through the sand and said, “There is an abundance of war orphans across the galaxy, especially here.”

“Well congratulations I suppose, if you are just finding out now… or condolences I guess if you are upset.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 am

Garth shrugs. "Just 'nother thing to think 'bout. Not sure if it's good news or bad news, just 'new' news."

""Don' stop me doin' all the things I love, just means I gotta be a li'l more careful emotionally, right? Ah'm to old to get trained for stuff, so just gotta make the best of it. Plenty o' people out there in the 'verse with more troubles than me."
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:39 am

"Yes, you can learn what you must know to live now," Tethys says. "Whether that includes your past is... somewhat up to you. How old are you, anyway, Mr. Garth? Not as old as all that."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:44 am

"23, best as I c'n reckon. Far from a precise count though when I dunno when I was born. And it's just Garth, if'n ye don't object."
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:58 am

A pair of lines appear between her brows as she considers this. We're nearly the same age, too. On the one hand, there's nothing too peculiar about this; that had been a whole decade of bad war years, leaving the galaxy over-stocked with orphans. On the other hand, the Force reminds Jedi not to discount the significance of coincidence. "The Masters prefer to teach younger students, but if you've already learned to sense the Force on your own, it may be too late to write you off."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:05 am

"Thanks for the thought, but ah don' think ah'd make a good student. If ah've lasted this long with the Force thing and not gone all evil like a bad Vera Hawke villain, I think ah'll manage alright by m'self." He replies with a nod of acknowledgement.

"Sides, if'n these Masters wanna find me, not much I c'n do to stop them from th' sound of things anyway."
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:15 am

“I don’t think the Dark Side operates like Vera Hawke villains,” Draagh chuckled with a shake of his head.

“Or am I wrong, master Jedi?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:22 am

Jax was entirely out of his depth in this conversation so he merely sat back and observed, the astute observer would note the sharp quality to his eyes a contrast to the open and jovial set of his face. He was calculating and gears were turning but to what end was anyone's guess.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:22 am

"That may be. I do know where you live at the moment, after all," Tethys says quietly, looking out to sea again. "But do you really believe you'll never want to learn more? You seem like an ambitious man in your own way, Garth."

With a cool smile, she adds, "You're not wrong, Draagh. Vera Hawke and her villains are... over-simplified. The real power of the Dark Side would be hard to capture with costumes and special effects." Tethys shakes her head slightly, unaware of the colossal irony she's just committed, since the many supernatural powers of the Jedi do not include genre-awareness or seeing through the fourth wall.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:28 am

"Maybe," Garth concedes. "But that scenario, that's me lookin' fer them. See, ah like free will, ah like bein' able ta choose m' own path. If'n someone comes up t' me 'n says you got this gift ya never asked for, come with us..."

Garth shakes his head. "Ah'm likely ta tell them where t' stick their precious gift. Not sayin' they're like that, I mean the few Jedi ah've met seem the decent sort, but anyway, Lunda says ah'm too old fer 'em to bother with. So probably not really an issue." He is clearly rambling not able to really order his thoughts on this very new development in his life.

"So how's about that local Huttball team?" He finishes jokingly in a painfully apparent attempt to change the subject.
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:35 am

“I hear they are a few members short, actually,” Draagh replied dryly.
Dapper Dog

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics