Named after a native marine creature, this region is rugged and popular with tourism.

Re: Sunset (D2 LE, open)

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:40 am

"Yeah war tends to dry the talent pool for an athletics team I imagine."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:01 am

Tethys shakes her head, smiling wryly. "I don't think I have ever managed to follow a huttball game from beginning to end, but from what I recall it has certain similarities with warfare."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:34 am

“It is organized violence, fairly popular but I have never been much interested in it. It used to be much more violent, people would die, regularly,” he said calmly.

“But I see the appeal.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

Jax quirked and eyebrow "you're an interesting man Draagh." was all he said.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:48 am

Draagh looked at Jax and said, "I suppose that is a compliment, thank you."
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:23 am

Tethys looks back out to sea, where the Bankor system's single sun is slowly sinking into the horizon, creating the typical range of visual effects for a world with this type of atmosphere.

"Is it?" she asks of no one in particular. "'Interesting' is one of the most ambiguous words in Basic. It has its own light and dark sides." The corner of her mouth twitches up slightly as she watches the sunset display, the warm light casting a golden glow over her face.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 am

“If it is an insult it is a rather weak one and not worth fussing over, there are plenty of things to be angry about. A non-insult isn’t one of them,” he replied quietly.

“Being denied a part of your heritage seems more egregious.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:18 am

Jax was leaning back on his arm again while he looked out to the sunset enjoying the special hues that the sun was making. "Well I certainly didn't mean it as an insult."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:24 am

"I never had a concern that it was, Jax," he replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:02 am

It was definitely a beautiful view. Garth found it strangely comforting that beauty and peace could still be found in the heart of this war zone.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am

"'Heritage' is a tricky concept too," Tethys says, quirking an eyebrow at nothing in particular, or some thought in her own mind. "It is what we decide to make it."

Leaning forward on her rock seat, she unsnaps her boot clasps and kicks off her boots and socks, slipping down barefoot onto the pebbly strand. She starts walking a few feet further down the beach, into the water, pausing once the small inshore waves are washing up just past her ankles.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 am

"As you say, master Jedi," he replied calmly.

Draagh grabbed his things and said, "Have a pleasant evening."
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:27 am

Jax waved to the other man "See ya around Draagh."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:04 am

Garth waved farewell to the odd man. Something about him set Garth's emotions off centre, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Yer like the water a bunch huh?" He asked the Jedi the obvious question. "I hear our next advancement maght take us through a desert. Best yer make the most of it now, jus' in case."
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:49 am

"Until next time." Tethys nods to the departing Draagh.

"You're right, I had better enjoy it while I can," she agrees with Garth, holding her robes up out of the tide with her hands as she swishes one foot around in the water. "I believe I mentioned that I lived on an ocean world for a long time... I never have learned to appreciate sand if there's no water nearby."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:58 am

"I don't like sand in the desert, its rough and it gets everywhere. At least at the beach you have all the water to wash it off and wet sand is far less invasive." JAx said as he slipped his boots off and moved to join the jedi in the water. He let out a small contended sigh as the waves broke over his feet "it is awfully refreshing though, its been a while since I've been to the ocean."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Garth Wayne » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:25 am

Garth was content skipping rocks from the edge, careful to avoid hitting the others.

"Simple pleasures where we can take 'em. Seems the lot of a soldier. A relaxing dip, a bracing drink, a starfilled sky. Y'all get much downtime?" He asks no one in particular
Garth Wayne

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:38 am

Jax shrugged "in my line of work downtime usually means not eating, I may not be deployed but I have to keep my hustle going to keep the ship in the air. Especially a place as nice as this, I guess the simple answer is no." He says with a little smirk as he closed his eyes and just enjoyed the feeling.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:01 am

"Downtime, up time, a Jedi is always a Jedi," Tethys says, the corners of her lips quirking. "But I have had time and chances to see a little bit of many worlds."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:24 am

"Sounds like entirely too much hard work that Jedi gig." Garth responded as he leaned back folding his arms behind his head as his breathing slows and he closes his eyes for a moment, just letting his feelings reach out to the world around him.
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 am

"I can't imagine it's more work than military service." Tethys retreats as a bigger wave sweeps up toward her, retiring to slightly higher ground to roll the bottoms of her trousers a few centimeters higher.
Tethys Carrack

Previous
Forum Statistics