Named after a native marine creature, this region is rugged and popular with tourism.

[D3 EA] The Coast is Clear

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Sabine decided to visit the coast at least once. She was on many planets, but few times had she the leisure of just... hanging around. She still had her armor and weapons, but felt at ease.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D3 EA] The Coast is Clear

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 am

Tethys is sitting with her knees drawn up on a rock outcropping in the middle of one of the pebbly beaches, looking out to sea. The morning's rainclouds are breaking up, striking sparks of light off the water's surface here and there.

((I don't know if the two of you were thinking of this as a planned rendezvous or a chance meeting, so leaving it ambiguous for now...))
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Aran appeared over the top of a low cliff above some rocky dunes. He had been maneuvering he and Tethys' speeder in to cover -- the area was safer than it had been, but that didn't mean "safe."

He looked contemplatively at the landscape, feeling the Force flow through the ocean, the rocks, the sand.

Then he hopped in to the air, pulling the meal tray he had borrowed from the mess under his feet and landing on the steep sandy slope. It began sliding downwards with him standing on top of it. It was halting progress at first, but then he began to pick up speed, until suddenly a rocky outcropping in the dunes blocked his forward progress.

The Force is with me the Force is with me the Force is with me

With a slight whoop, he guided the tray over the smoothest part, neither flying off the tray nor losing much momentum. He even caught a moment of airtime.

He ended up hitting the flat faster than he meant, and came to a standing halt in the surf-damp sand. He flipped the tray up to his hand with one foot, and tucked it under his arm. With deep satisfaction, he looked back at the slope.

Then, guiltily, he glanced around. Perhaps Jedi Tethys had not seen, or if she had seen, would not comment... he started towards where she waited, seated, watching the sea. As he approached, he saw another figure, further down the beach, and after a moment to identify her, waved happily.

"Sergeant Kryze! Nice day for a walk?"

Fluff -- lunch tray surfing (coordination I guess): 2eA+1eF+1eD 1 advantage, 2 Light Side
ImageImageImageImage

FP to 1 success 1 advantage, 2 advantages for a sweet Ollie.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:32 am

By the time Aran starts paying attention to her again, Tethys is looking out to sea, one corner of her lips twitching only slightly. She slides down off her rock, boots crunching in the pebbly sand, and joins Aran in waving a friendly greeting to Sabine. "Sergeant Kryze? We haven't met. I'm Tethys Carrack."

Aside, and much more quietly, she adds for the younger Jedi's ears only, "You're going to put that tray back in one piece when you're done with it, I presume."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:21 am

Sabine looked up at the new arrivals.... and what the hell did she see?

"Jedi Enfas, greetings... what are you doing?"

She then turned towards the other Jedi. "Sergeant Sabine Kryze, Republic military. Nice to meet you."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Aran's face was friendly as he responded to Sabine. "Jedi Carrack was going to give me some advice on lightsaber construction and improvement." He turned to Tethys. "Sabine helped me get some of the parts you said I might need, when I realized the Order's stipend was insufficient." He pulls the tray out from under his arm innocently. "One of the mechanics said that these were good for sorting components. See?" he pointed at the various recessed sectionsof the thick metal pan. It was scuffed and sandy, but looked not much worse than the repeatedly scraped-clean ones they had eaten off of earlier in the day. "They're also apparently very tough," he continued, in that same ingenuous manner. "I heard one soldier joking to another about slipping one in their blast vest." Aran smiled cheerfully. In fact, it did sort of look like it could stop a blaster bolt.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 am

"I see. Very practical." Tethys cocks an eyebrow but offers no further comment. Offering Sabine her hand, she adds, "The honor is mine, Sergeant Kryze. I understand you were in the action at the power plant last night. You saved a lot of lives." Her mouth quirks with a small smile. "Helping Aran with this project goes beyond the call of duty. The life of a Jedi can be a fulfilling one, but most of the time it's not particularly lucrative."

Not usually a problem, but every now and then when you were trying to find fast passage to an obscure Outer Rim colony for one Ishi Tib, one human padawan, and a large crate of live gizka, or attending a formal ambassadorial function on short notice wearing the same robes you'd just slept in, or eyeing some really sweet lightsaber components... you might, at least briefly, regret.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 pm

While Tethys was talking, Aran had laid out the tray and some metal parts, sorted in to the smaller sections. As she finished, he pulled a small saber hilt out of his robes, and laid it reverently in the large indent reserved for soups or gravy-based entrees.

"The crystal is the heart of the blade," he quoted, then glanced up at the older Jedi. "Are you familiar with that one?"
Aran Enfas

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:05 am

"Of course," she says, leaning over to take a closer look at what he's got. A couple of locs slip forward over her shoulder as she does so, but she ignores them. "And the heart needs a strong body to support it. So to speak." She purses her lips slightly, curious. "May I ask why you chose to build such a small hilt? You are tall enough to have good reach with a more standard length."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Sabine moved closer, observing the two. "Do Jedi often modify their weapons? Is it like with a blaster, perhaps?"

She gave a small nod towards Tethys. "Thank you Jedi Carrick. I was just doing my duty."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Aran Enfas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:35 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"May I ask why you chose to build such a small hilt? You are tall enough to have good reach with a more standard length."

Sitting crosslegged, Aran gestured excitedly with his hands. "Precision!" he made a motion as if lunging and doing a disengage motion under someone's guard. "And concealment." He swept his hands over the tray, and palming his lightsaber, showing empty hands, and producing it again from his robe to place on the tray. "The Masters who trained me emphasized that for the Jedi who are warriors and diplomats, there are also those who must watch the shadows. And that involves going into places where carrying a lightsaber openly would show you too clearly."

He looked up at Sabine, smiling his serene smile. "We do. The sabers are more than a weapon; through the kyber, they are a connection to the living Force." He quotes again, "All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi." Suddenly self-conscious, he reached out to touch the hilt where it lay on the tray. "I have not... making the blade was not as easy for me, as for some. I have been hesitant to do any more." He paused. "Anything that required real skill, that is."
Aran Enfas

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:09 am

"Hum." Tethys nods. "There's some sense in that. But you must have to be fast to make up for the shorter reach." She pokes at the components dumped into the meal tray with one long finger. "Tuning up the beam emitter is not too difficult if you know your crystal and have a fair sense of what you're doing. It's more delicate if you're trying to squeeze in many different additions and adjustments, of course. But patience and focus alone will carry you a long way."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Aran Enfas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Aran smiled self-deprecatingly. "Against blasters, reach is much less of an issue." He touched his robes at the spot the Mandalorian had practically run him through in a suicidal lunge. "I have discovered its limitations against foes skilled in bladework."

He tilts his head at Tethys. "What have you done with your blade?" then even more curiously to Sabine "And have you done work on your weapon?"
Aran Enfas

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am

Tethys unhooks her own lightsaber from her belt and holds it out for inspection, not that much of its internal configuration can be seen from outside. "Some small adjustments. I've improved the emitter's precision since I first built it [i.e. lower crit rating!]. When I can come by the components, I mean to increase the plasma output rate [+1 damage]. It's not as highly-modified as some, but," she shrugs one shoulder, "I prefer to see how it handles after making a change before rushing to change something else."

She looks to Sabine. "As an infantry soldier, you maintain your own weapons as well, don't you? It must be fairly similar."
Tethys Carrack

Forum Statistics