Named after a native marine creature, this region is rugged and popular with tourism.

Mother Ocean [Day 3 MA]

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:19 am

On one of the flatter rock outcroppings cluttering this section of rocky, pebbly beach, a lone humanoid figure is lying on her back with her hands interlaced behind her head, listening to the waves and watching some kind of small local avians gliding high above.

Tethys is wearing some kind of abbreviated wetsuit garment, still damp from a quick swim earlier; her robes are folded on top of her backpack and her lightsaber sits atop the pile in easy reach.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: Mother Ocean [Day 3 MA]

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 am

Meditating on a rock surrounded by waves and water was the man she has spoken to a number of times, even on this very beach. The waves lap in and out sending sprays of water high into the sky as they slam into the rock, jutting a couple meters out of the water.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:56 am

There was another man on the beach this evening, though he hadn't bother with swimwear, honestly he wasn't really dressed for the beach at all. instead he wore formal wear, or at least what looked like it. a crisp white dress shirt, silver vest, and light blue tie to set it off, He carried a jacket over his shoulder held by two fingers, and seemed to be enjoying the view more then anything.

It was odd to see a pair of people here, one meditating the other seemingly having just enjoyed a swim, after a moment's thoguh he started to make his way towards the young woman. They had worked a bti together the day before last, and he wanted to properly introduce himself.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:37 am

Hearing footsteps on the pebbly beach, Tethys sits up on her rock. She waves a vague salute to the man in the incongruously formal outfit, then raises her eyebrows as her vision resolves the sturdy shape on top of another rock surrounded by the tide into... Draagh? When did he get up there? Was I asleep?
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:44 am

The salute was returned with a wave. "Afternoon Miss Carrack." Zanebry offered his a easy smile as he approached. "I see you're taking advantage of the beach, now that it's cleared of the Mandolorians." Well, at least for the most part.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:17 am

"I am," she says, crossing her legs and flicking a half-dried frill of purplish seaweed off the shoulder of her short-sleeved garment. From her slight smile, she appears to be in a good mood--certainly better than the last time they met. "I grew up on an ocean world. I'm not one of those Jedi who wants no reminders of her past before the Order."

She cocks her head, raising an eyebrow a bit as she registers his mode of dress. Come to think of it, he'd been more than usually stylish for a rescue mission, too. "And you , Mr. Varliss? How are you faring?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:48 am

"Its a good day for it, despite the bit of rain we had earlier." Z said with a charming smile, nodding his head in the direction of a rock nearby her. "Mind if I join you for a spell?"

The wetsuit she was wearing didn't do much to hide the lines of her body, but he was polite enough not to let his gaze linger. "I can't blame you, in one way or another it's our pasts that help shape us. Whether we wish to remember them or not."

"I'm well though, been a bit busy lately though so undecided to take the chance to do a little exploring when I got it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:55 am

"Of course." With an open-handed gesture she invites him to pick his very own rock. "You've found a good place to avoid being busy for a spell." Despite the unrevealing cut of her wetsuit, the tall woman's slim, angular build is indeed more obvious than under her usual robes. Nonetheless, she doesn't seem particularly self-conscious--possibly because she's not actually showing much skin apart from her legs and arms, possibly just because she's used to dressing this way.

"Can I ask what's been occupying your time? Not patrols and requisition paperwork, since I remember that you're not regular military."

((I am assuming Draagh is a bit further away/more out of earshot, since he's off on another rock further out into the water...))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 am

OOC: In game terms Draagh would at least be Long range about 50-60 meters away.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:03 am

He strolled over taking a casual look at the rocks before selecting one based on some unknown criteria. Taking a seat, he smoothed out his clothes and adjusted his tie before offering the woman a charming smile.

"It certainly seems that way, and honestly i could use one like this. I don't really get enough sun on the day to day."

His eyes sparkled a bit with mischevious as she asked her question. "Trying not to be too bad of a influence on Padawan Aran for starters. Other then that, I've been doing some work with Captain A, and pursuing a few personal projects. You?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 am

She raises an eyebrow. "Padawan Aran? Don't tell me you're getting into the Jedi Master business. There's not much profit in it." That's a bit of a guess on her part, but his lack of uniform says freelancer, and his clothing says not a cheap one.

Looking back out to sea, she continues, "I have been trying to get a feel for the local resistance groups. They seem more or less well-disposed toward the Republic task force, but some of the freelancers tagging along have complicated matters." She casts him a sidelong look. "Present company excluded, of course. But these people have fought so hard, and the Mandalorians have already put them through so much. It's hard to imagine the mind of a being who would come here to turn a profit, or chase his own agenda, without caring whether it makes things even harder for them."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:51 am

"Thankfully not, or at least I'm not trying to. He just seems the sort to get into a bucket of trouble if no one is looking out for him." Zane replied with a shake of his head. "Tried to give him a bit of work to keep him out of trouble, but seems like he found a big mess anyways.'

"That's likely because your a good person Miss Carrack." Or at least she very well seemed to be. "Being a jedi likely doesn't help matters much either. All those rules and the like you live by, are pretty far removed from the things that make those freelancers tick."

Zan reached into the inside pocket of his jacket, and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Mind if I smoke?" He asked, wondering if she would say no.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:01 am

She shrugs one shoulder. "If you like. I have never seen the appeal, but you are downwind, so I won't be bothered." She leans back on her elbows, not quite reclining again but no longer sitting fully upright.

"Finding messes is a Jedi specialty." Speaking of which, a quick glance confirms Draagh is still up on his rock. Just normal mercenary behavior... Sure. "We have only a few firm rules, you know, Mr. Varliss. The rest is mostly just... guidelines. And conscience. Everyone has one of those."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 am

He took a moment to pop a cigarette in his mouth, and to light it up taking a slow drag. "You're not the only one, but I've come to like them." Z finished as he exhaled

"I wouldn't be so certain of that last part." The tall man said with a shake of his head, bringing his cigarette down to his side. "But then I've met a few people that make Eralynn Varad look like a childish prankster in comparison."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 am

"Varad." For a moment Tethys looks as if she's just eaten something unpleasant, and her body loses some of its peaceful stillness. "The other side of conscience is that once you've convinced yourself you don't have one, you have to go on doing things that keep the conviction intact. Or so somebody wise once told me." Her chest rises and falls with an unvoiced sigh.

"There's no more terrified quarry than a person running from her own better nature. But I would't mind giving her something else to worry about."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:00 am

Zane nodded along as the Jedi talked about Jedi things. He thought he'd gotten a good handle on it after his time with Yslane, but each new one he met proved him wrong. "That's an interesting way of thinking of it." He placed his cigarette in his mouth, and reached a hand up to remove his hat and examine it.

"Not sure if I agree." He continued placing his hat back on his head. "But you've likely made more of a study of such then I have." he paused a moment to take another drag from his cigarette. "I do agree we need to do something about her though, one way or another."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:18 am

"She put those bombs on the people in the city this morning. Of course." Tethys says tersely, without explaining how she knows this. "These Mandalorian raiders seem to think of fighting a Jedi as some kind of prize. I'm inclined to give her what she wants." With a tight, grim smile, she adds, "To a point."

"But I don't care to be stupid about it." Turning her head to look at Zanebry again, she raises an eyebrow expectantly. "You strike me as a man who knows something about fighting smart."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:47 am

Zanebry could wager some guesses, but he didn't voice them, simply nodded instead. "I figured as much, seems she's been running around this planet commuting war crimes for a while now, and that little talk you had with her the other day had me pretty convinced she was closeby."

"I may know a thing or two." He paused, studying her for a few long moment, his gaze thorough. "You don't look to be particularly strong." He offered after a moment. "And I'm not sure how good your reflexes are, but such things don't always mean much to a Jedi."

"I'm willing to help; honestly was planning to do something myself." His lips curled into a wry smile, "But we likely need to set up some ground rules, and get to know each other a little first."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:32 am

"I can hold my own in a close fight, if that's what you mean." Tethys intercepts his appraising gaze, meeting his eyes with her own cool, stern brown ones. "You've seen me in action. Though it's true those would-be Mandalorians out at the village were not much challenge without their trap."

She frees a hand from behind her and spreads it palm up, sitting up a little. "What sort of ground rules do you have in mind?" She's a bit surprised at the stipulation, actually. She'd expected to be the first to ask whether she could trust him, not the other way around.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:08 am

He offered her a charming smile as she caught his gaze, his pale grey eyes, unwavering. "I did, though I was also curious if you had any skill with blasters, or any other means to deal with enemies at range. Getting close isn't always convient."

He brought his cigarette to his lips and took a slow drag. "Well first off we should decide our aims, capture or kill. I'm more disposed to the latter, but I suppose you will want the first. Second, how far are we willing to go for victory, this kind of business can turn fairly unsavory, I'm sure we will also have differences of opinions on this. His lips spread into a wry smirk. "Third you promise not to risk your life for me, under any circumstances."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:09 am

"That's a strange guarantee to extract." Two vertical lines appear between her brows as they draw together. "You should realize you're asking me to promise away my vocation. Part of it, at least."

She pushes herself to a more upright seat on the flat rock, crossing her legs in front of her. "And no, I can't shoot. I'm not helpless, though." Her eyes unfocus just slightly, and a broken chunk of loose rock about the size of her head floats up from the beach below her, dribbling sand and pebbles. "Of course I would rather take Varad alive. But I recognize that this might be impossible. If we plan our best and she still refuses to surrender, and can't be subdued..." The hovering rock drops back to the sand with a dull thunk. "A Jedi shouldn't carry a lightsaber if she's not prepared to take a life. Still, I'd prefer not to give her the satisfaction." Her lips curve into a dry half-smile. "That would be playing on her terms. So would breaking the Republic Codes of Warfare, if that's what you mean by unsavory business."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:59 am

"I do, and I have my reasons." His lips curled into a smirk. "You're free to refuse of course, there are likely more then a few willing to help with this. You won't nessacarily need me."

"Is prefer her dead... It's safer long term and short. But if we can capture her without too much risk. I'd be willing to consider it." The rock trick waa neat, he wasn't sure how good it would be in combat though, still it could have it's uses. "Ambushes are what came to mind eventually. But it's entirely possible she has hostages where ever she is holed up. Do we prioritize taking her out, or saving them?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:31 am

"Saving them," Tethys says without hesitation. "The entire purpose of taking her out is to stop her from playing her games with civilians. There will be other chances to get to her, but dead hostages don't get a second chance."

She favors Zanebry with another searching once-over. "You're an interesting man, Mr. Varliss. What's your stake in all this?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:39 am

"And the people she kills between when we let her escape, and the time we catch her again? " He asked raising an eyebrow.

His lips quirked into a half smile. "My stake in this? Honestly? I just don't like her. Figure someone should stop her, and most others seem to have a full plate."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am

"Hypothetical." Tethys says, raising an eyebrow wryly right back at him. "If you want to save lives, start with the ones in front of you. Varad is only one woman, after all. That she chooses to pursue these small-scale terrorist tactics suggests even her Kryze overlords don't trust her with serious ordnance."

"Ah. Then our motives are in agreement." She sighs and looks out to sea, all the way to the indistinct horizon where the water blurs into the sky. "I don't suppose this will be any more profitable than the Jedi Master business. But I'm sure you'd know that better than me."
Tethys Carrack

Next
Forum Statistics