A an arid desert of black sands formed over a millenia, the heat is extreme in the daylight and freezing at night.

Corpse Reviver (Day 4 early night)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:30 am

It was late, the desert sun had set not long ago, and the frigid cool of the night was upon them. Not that Zanebry much minded in his insulated layers, they kept the worse of the chill at bay. A return to today's battlefield wasn't something he had been looking forward to, but Eralynn Varad had struck here, and if nothing else he should look for some clues.

He didn't use a light, the slim frame of his tracking goggles and the moons above being more then enough for him to search by. Anyways, light would just draw attention to him.

entering acpntested zone, stealth vs hard difficulty: 2eA+1eP+3eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

perception day 4 EN: 3eA+1eP 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Corpse Reviver (Day 4 early night)

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:16 am

Garth wasn't the most observant guards, but he was one of the more durable.

-----------------------------
D4 EN Resilience for contested zone: 3eA+2eF+3eD 1 failure, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Converting LS pips to successes = 1 success, 2 advantages
-------------------------------

He didn't notice Z slip through the outpost, but then he WAS looking for trouble in the other direction.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:36 am

A couple of the transports had been stopped by the battle that had occurred earlier, if it could be called such. The droids sent to deliver the prisoners were damaged by heavy blaster fire.

Fortunately, it seemed there were no snipers at the moment. The Moot was not something to be missed to take down stragglers.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:49 am

This was exactly the sort of thing Z was looking for. It would be a long shot, but maybe we could find something that would tell them where the transported prisoners came from. a still working droid datchip, or a computer from on of the wrecked transport. It wasn't likely of course. But it never hurt to look. If nothing else maybe one of the droids was salvageable, he could use another crew member.

((Searching through the wreckage, any checks I can make??)
Average perception, Google's remove two set back.: 3eA+1eP+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

((Obviously didn't find what he was looking for, maybe the advantage can be used to find something else interesting?))
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:22 am

Perhaps there was nothing to be found but one of the transports began to emit a beep.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:25 am

That was enough to get his attention, and soon enough Zane was off looking for it's source.

Maybe this adventure wouldn't end up fruitless after all.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am

The computer took a moment to load up but it eventually flickered on to show one unread message. There was a log full of them, though it seemed some of the entries were damaged.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 am

That was something, and carefully moved to open the unread message. Who knows what exactly it might be, but hopefully it would prove useful.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 am

"The Republic truly breeds no manners into your creatures." Eralynn sighed at the device recording her. "If you are listening to this message, then the original recipients are already dead. I aimed to offer them a choice. Relinquish the Republic, inform me of their Resistance's plans, and swear an oath to the Resol'nare in return for their lives. That was a test in itself, though. There was never any hope for these prisoners. Those that came back to me will be dealt a far worse fate than the one here in the desert.

"They will be returned to you tomorrow." She dipped her head. "Farewell, listener."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 am

The woman definitely was missing a few screws. All these tests she talked about, no one could pass, which meant they were no tests at all. Merely punishment. Still he could tell the base to expect to gruesome scene come morning, hell maybe they could even form some sort of ambush. Either way, they'd be needing proof so he'd copy the recording if able, and any other of the files that seemed pertinent.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:59 am

Fortunately for Zanebry, the copies were copied without issues. No bombs, no traps. There were still others to be listened to and the rest of the wide desert to be seen.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:13 am

He didn't expect t to find anything else of interest. But he'd keep looking. Of course there was something else that needed to be done first.

Sliding out if the wreckage, he approached the man that had been standing guard. Waving a hand in greeting as he approached. "Evening, could I have a moment?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 am

Garth was taken aback a little and was about to ask for identification, but he'd seen the man around base before.

"Not safe to be out here." Garth parroted the official position. "But now ah've warned ya, what can ah help ya with?"
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:31 am

"This is a war zone, it's hardly safe to be anywhere, but thank you for the advice. It's quite nice of you, solider." He offered with a easy smile as he approached closer.

"I was searching the wreckage for anything that might be of use finding the Lady that welcomed us this morning." Z said. "I found a bit of something, A recording of the woman in charge saying she was going to deliver us something new tomorrow morning, corpses or something close to it from the sound of it. I was hoping you could pass teh recording along using the proper channels..."

"I'd ask for help searching the wreckage as well, that would require you to leave your post though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Garth scratches thoughtfully at his three day growth and ponders the suggestion. "Anyone in particular you'd like this to get to?" He asks openly.

"Ah'm normally a pilot, but this don't sound like it should end up in the hands of one of ours. Maybe one of the thinkers or strategists like Cap'n Organa mebbe?"

"As fer that wreckage, well it serms ta me that a Republic officer, even one as low rank as me should make sure it poses no risk to the camp."
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 pm

"Captain Organa would do, or any over the pencil pushers. Might be the want to try and arrange a surprise of their own in the morning after all, or at least keep the Media at a good distance." Whatever she had planned probably wouldn't be pretty.

"Well, another pair of eyes never hurt." Z offered with a easy smile. "No idea if we will be able to find anything else, but you never know.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 am

"Will pass it on then fer ya when ah get off shift. Until then," Garth unholsters his pistol.

"Let's see what ya found."

((OOC Garth isn't the searchy type but will gladly offee boosts where feasible))
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 am

Z was busy sending a message to a few others, attatching the file as well. But he nodded along to the man's words, and when he finished he looked up.

"Not garuteening we'll find anything else but no harm in trying." He offered as he moved forward, eyes open for anything else of interest.

Looking for anything else of interest with garth's boosts: 3eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:27 am

Garth helps with some heavy lifting, used to taking orders from his superiors, he finds nothing unusual about being directed around the wreckage to prevent the civilian getting his hands dirty.

After all, whatever he finds could possibly help the relief efforts...or be a salvageable part to upgrade Tallulah with, there was a lot of scrap here after all.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:32 am

"You said you were a pilot though?" Zane asked as they moved through the mess, looking for something that might prove useful. The stronger solider doing much of the heavy lifting.

"How do you like that, piloting for the republic that is?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 am

"Don' pay as well as when I was racin' back on Onderon, tha's fer sure. But not as much overhead costs to survive either..."

Garth pauses his speech as he hefts a chunk of durasteel, revealing.....nothing interesting. But there were plenty more chunks to lift.

"Still getting used to this space battle thing though. Much happier drivin' closer to the ground. You don' exactly strike as the combat type though, someone call in a favour ta get you in the thick of all this? Or you a volunteer lookin fer a pay day?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 am

"There can be a lot of money in racing, it can be a bit of a gamble though. Not that the military isn't." He offered a quiet word of thanks as the younger man picked up the chunk of steel. "But it's a more reliable source of money at the very least."

"Yeah, I like to leave the space battles to others, I can do a bit of piloting myself, but I'm no expert. So it's safer if I avoid that sort of thing altogether." He paused a moment, lifting hit hat over his head and running hi fingers through his hair. "I'm a volunteer more or less, it seemed like a place I could help out at, if I make a profit along the way? All the better, but I'm not counting on it.'

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:09 am

Wiping dusty and greasy hands down the sides of his uniform, Garth extended a hand to the unnamed stranger.

"Oh, name's Garth by the way, Garth Wayne. Pleasure to meet an independent with a conscience here. Didn't see ya on the cruiser on the way in though, so those mediocre pilot skills of yours in use on yer own ship?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 am

z stretched out his gloved hand, to shake Garth's, not really concerned about any dust of grime.

"Nice you make your acquaintance Garth, I'm Zanebry Varlis, though you are free to call me Zane if you prefer." He offered the man a friendly smile. "Yes, I flew in on my my. My ship is named The Three Drinks, and while it's not much I call it home."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 am

"Ah hope she didn't get caught up in that firefight on the way into atmo'. Saw what happened to the Turtle and it weren't pretty." Garth enquires, following the tradition of all ships being females.

"So if'n y' ain't a hotshot pilot, what do y' bring t' the fight? Y' seem pretty eloquent and observant." Garth comments as he gets back to digging through the debris.
Garth Wayne

Next
Forum Statistics