A an arid desert of black sands formed over a millenia, the heat is extreme in the daylight and freezing at night.

Re: Corpse Reviver (Day 4 early night)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 am

"Nah, I avoided it." Actually he had slept through most it "Saw what happened to the turtle though, and yeah it wasn't pretty." It seemed the man in the hat wasn't too unhappy about it though.

"I am, at least to a degree. Though I'm fairly good with a gun as well, if the situation calls for it." Z replied as he returned to his searching fairly convinced he wouldn't find anything more at this point.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 am

Garth nods along at Zane's self assessment.

"Ah'm ok on the range," Garth confesses as he pats his sidearm. "But not much fer puttin' down a livin target. Not that I can't, but ah'd rather not. Guess that's a li'l odd fer a miltary man."
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 am

Eventually, the duo would recover a fallen droid in the sand. Upon closer inspection, it was still functional and could be restored to proper status.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am

"Honestly, I can respect that." He smirked and shook his head. "Though that's coming from a former solider who has probably shot more people then most people should."

As they found the broken droid, Z cocked a eyebrow. "Hey, looks like this guy might still be functional." He replied starting to brush some of the sand away. "Wanna take him back?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

"Sure thing," Garth agrees quickly. "Anything to get back to that Kaff pot. A man could freeze 'is unmentionables off out 'ere."

Putting two and two together...eventually, Garth looks over Zane's outfit.

"How come you ain't shiverin' like ya should in that fash'nable ensemble?"
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:13 am

"Sounds good, but this late I'll probably stick to whiskey." Clearing away more of the sand, a smirk slowly made it's way onto Z's lips.

"Usually I'd say that a gentleman has his secrets. I'll share this time though, since you've been so helpful." Holding up a hand, Z opened up one of his cuff, so the man could underneath, where a skin tones fabric was visible, though only barely.

"Kamperdine body glove, will keep you cool in the heat, and warm in the cold. Nigh invisible too, so hardly anyone notices."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 am

"Always the way." Garth replies with a laugh as he improvises a shovel out of a broken wing flap.

"Th' independents always have better gear than the military. Might see if the locals have anythin' like that tomorrow, 'though didn't look like there was much open when ah flew through Rygor earlier today."
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 am

"Well, I've out quite a bit of finds into I have." Zane replied with a soft chuckle. "Most of yours is courtesy of the reoublic, right?"

He looked the man over for a moment. "There are shops open, if you know where to look. They generally only cater to certain clientele though. Still if you got money in your pocket, maybe I can make some introductions." He eyed the man for a moment. "If you're on your best behavior, and mindful about who you tell."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am

Garth nods in agreement as he clears enough sand to uncover a droid arm.

"You get me in the door and I've got a few creds stored away. An' ah won't say nothin' t' no one about where I got it from."

Putting down the digging implement Garth starts tugging on the exposed parts, making some progress towards freeing the machine.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am

"Alright then, we will swing by tomorrow afternoon then. Round about the middle if the day." He wasn't sure what the young man was after, but they would almost certainly have it.

"Does this look like one if ours if theirs?" He asked, as they started to tug it free from the sand. Honestly it looked kike it couls be either one, at least to Z.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 am

"Does it matter?" Garth asks as he looks the thing over and tries to figure out the best way to carry it.

"If it's one of ours, we don' want it fallin' into their hands. If it's one o' theirs, who knows what info it's carryin' around inside its chips."
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 am

"Good point, let's see if a mechanic can take a look in the morning." By that Z meant the afternoon, when his day began.

Looking it over for a moment he shook his head. "It's going to be awkward however we carry it, and well we are in the sand. Why not just drag It? Shouldn't hurt it too much."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 am

There was a reason Garth hadn't climbed any higher in the military, actually there were several, but his average (at best) intelligence was one of them.

"Good idea, maybe we can use this like a sled?" He asked pointing to the scrapped wing he had been using to dig out the bot.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 am

"Now you're thinkinh." He offered the man a smile as the brought the droid over to the improvised sled. "Wish I thought to bring some rope." It could be pretty damn useful at times.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:15 am

Fixing stuff was beyond Garth, but destruction? That he could do.

"Then gimme a hand pulling apart this hatch. There should be some good thick cabling under here."
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am

"You got it." Cable would do the trick in this instance, they were improving after all. Moving over to the panel, Z helped the other man pull it open.

"Hope this guy is worth all this." He said, grunting with the effort.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 am

"Was quiet out here anyway. Figure they had enough fun blowing everything up to bother assaulting the base."

Soon enough the make shift sled was complete and Garth looped the straps over his shoulders.

"Yer a good fella, not afraid to get yer hands dirty. If ya need a hand with anything while yer here, gimme a holler, yeah."
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am

"Seems that way." Z replied, seeing no reason to tell the young man there might be other factors in play. "I'm glad for it too, I don't fancy getting shot at."

The comment about dirty hands, made Z crack a smile. "Thanks, I'll remember that. If you need something yourself, feel free to contact me. Can't garuntee I can help, but who knows."

With that he nodded his head towards the make shift sled. "Need any help with that?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am

"Nah, was a bit slack today and hit the mess hall hard. Ah need th' workout. But ah appreciate the offer."

It's obvious the droid is heavy, but Garth's muscles bear the strain although it is definitely near the top of his weight limits.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm

"Whatever, you say." Z replied with a shake of his head. "I'm not one to get in the way of a man in his exercise."

He'd walk with him though, no need to leave the other fellow on his own. "If you are ever see me in the rec hall, come on over. I'll make sure you get a proper drink, and not that stuff they call beer."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 pm

"Ah'd not waste yer supply Zane, might take ya up on it if we gots somethin' worth celebratin'. But ah don' have what you'd call a refined palette for the most part. Common man, common drink. Though if you found a better brew for what thry pass off as Kaff round here, then I'd be f'rever in ya debt."

Garth jokes through huffs and puffs of exertion.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 pm

"I'll hit you up on that nest celebration then." He replied with a smirk and a shake of his head. "As for the Kaff?" He paused thoughtfully. "I could look into it. Heck, they might have some where I'm taking you tomorrow. They carry all kinds of things."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 am

"Guess ah'll jus' wait an see then." Garth replies as he drags the droid within sight of the republic perimeter.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:03 am

"Probably for the best." Z replied, glancing over at the younger man. "You sure you got that for the rest if the haul?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:21 am

"Must admit, he's becomin' a bit of a struggle, but we're close enuff t'get more help now." Garth stop dragging the droid and takes a moment to catch his breath.

"Oi," he hollers back at the base. "The colour is puce, now get out here and help me bring this inside."
Garth Wayne

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics