A rugged frontier town built around an oasis in the Black Sands Desert.

Mandalorian Ritual Combat - [Nai'tiri] (D4, LM)

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm

It was probably not the best option, but Nai saw it was the surest way to keep the enemy engaged and that a great deal of prisoners were saved. She had once been captured, by pirates, to be sold as a slave... Clan Cadera had changed that outcome of her life. And she had fought against others imposing similar fates on the weak.

She imagined little Torian, the boy who was like family, sharing her fate, or the fate of these people, and it made the fire in her eyes even brighter. There was no honor or glory in this.

"HAAT, IJAA, HAA'IT!" Nai drew her ritual blade, holding it up to indicate her challenge. Death was a certain outcome for her or her opponent, but either way, she would have fought with honor all the way.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader
Theme | Profile | Turtle Crew

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.
Languages: Basic, Cheun, Durese, Huttese, Mando'a

Aliit is family. It means nobody gets left behind — or forgotten
Nai'tiri Cadera

Re: Mandalorian Ritual Combat - [Nai'tiri] (D4, LM)

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:18 pm

As their culture promised, Nai'tiri's approach was free of any blaster fire. The enemy purposely made sure to not even fire at ones next to her, lest they accidentally strike her. A Mandalorian of Clan Varad met her in the middle of the raging desert. The chaos of the 'battle' raged around them but he paid them no mind. His two slaves, however, watched in horror but stayed by his side as ordered. "A warrior of Clan Cadera! Jicoln will have reason to mourn today." His voice was boisterous, eager for glory.

He planted his blade into the sand and extended his arms. "Remove my armor. Now!" The pair obeyed and began to strip down the outer plating. "Would you want them to aid you?" he asked. His voice was far more courteous than the circumstances deemed appropriate.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:25 pm

"Even if I die, Jicoln will be proud that I have upheld our clan's honor, warrior of Varad," despite the tension, the words were proud and maintained a warrior's courtesy as she took off her helmet and began removing parts of her armor.

Nai gave a nod, accepting the help to remove the more difficult parts of her armor.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Once the slaves had done the most difficult parts of the armor removal, the opposing Mandalorian barked, "You are free now! Go to the Republic and learn to protect yourself."

He checked his armor once more before turning back to Nai'tiri. He placed both palms over the pommel of his blade. "I am Aaroth of Clan Varad. I ask nothing of you, shall I win, except your blood in the sand. Shall I fall to you, all I ask for is for my body and armor to be returned to Clan Varad."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Nai finished removing the last parts, already feeling the sun bear down ruthlessly on her frosty skin. She held her blade before her, both palms over the pommel. "I am Nai'tiri of Clan Cadera. I demand nothing of you shall I win, only your blood, and I will see your body and armor returned to your clan, to be honored and revered. Shall you defeat me, I ask in return that I am given a clean death and my armor is returned to Clan Cadera."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 pm

"Agreed." The man then slit his finger a tiny amount and dragged the blood underneath his eyes in preparation for the duel. He let out a scream and moved to swing...

---

Roll Cool for Initiative. Start at Engaged.

D4 LM Cool for Initiative: 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImage

Aaroth is an Adversary 1 target. He will use Triumph for a Free Maneuver to Aim.
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Nai too cut across a finger, and streaked it from cheekbone to cheekbone as they finished the last rites...

As Aaroth screamed, Nai stepped in quickly, leading with a vicious thrust that caused him to drop his blade. Nai followed up with a reflexive kick to deny him easy recovery of the weapon.

---

D4 LM Duel. Cool Initiative: 1eP+1eA 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImage

D4 LM Duel Round 1: Melee (Brawn). Destiny Upgrade. +2B (Aim, Ritual Combatant).: 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD 3 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(17 Wounds. 10 Strain)
2 strain for 2nd Maneuver: kick his blade.
8 Damage
Triumph Disarms Aaroth of his blade.
2 Advantages to activate Critical Hit: D4 LM Duel Round 1: Critical. Re-roll with permission (to get it properly). +10 Vicious. +10 Lethal Blows. +10 double crit: 1d100+30 73 (Hamstrung. Can't take Free Maneuvers for the duration of encounter)
Last edited by Nai'tiri Cadera on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Aaroth bellowed from the stab to his stomach and, with wide eyes, watched his blade drop to the sand. He forced his body to trudge through the sand to his blade and pick it up.

---

5 Damage Taken after Soak for Aaroth. At 1 Critical Injury.

Spend 2 Strain to gain extra maneuver for movement. Exchange action for maneuver to pick it up. He is now at Short Range. Will flip a Destiny to Upgrade the Difficulty of the incoming attack.
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Nai followed after, but Aaroth managed to escape another quick thrust this time.

---

D4 LM Duel Round 2: Melee (Brawn). Destiny Upgrade (GM and Nai both). +2B (Aim, Ritual Combatant).: 2eP+1eA+2eB+2eC 0 successes, 2 advantage

(17 Wounds. 8 Strain)
2 strain for 2nd Maneuver after using first to close distance: Aim
0 damage
2 Advantages to give Aaroth a Setback on his roll.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Aaroth spat out the blood from his mouth away from both of them and came in for his swing. His muscles drove the blow home to a nasty hit and allowed him to assume a more defensive stance.

---

5 Damage Taken so far for Aaroth. At 1 Critical Injury.

Action to Melee Attack. Damage is 4 (Brawn) + 2 + 1 (Feral Strength) + 5 (Success) = 12 with Pierce 1 before Soak. Spend Triumph to upgrade next Difficulty Check for Nai'tiri. Threat may be spent as Nai'tiri wishes.

D4 LM Round 2 Melee (Brawn) against Nai'tiri, Boost from RC, Setback from Nai'tiri: 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eS 5 successes, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

D4 LM Round 2 Melee (Brawn) against Nai'tiri - Forgotten Difficulty: 2eD 0 successes, 2 threat
ImageImage
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Nai felt her muscles tense as his blade pierced through tissue, but the adrenaline kept her going still. Her blade drew more of his blood as she pushed herself away from him to avoid being completely locked within the range of his bigger frame.

----

D4 LM Duel Round 3: Melee (Brawn). Destiny upgrade to wiiiin! +2B (Aim, Ritual Combatant).: 2eP+1eA+2eB+2eC 1 success, 1 advantage

6 damage to Aaroth. His Threat eats up 2 of his Strain.

(7 Wounds. 6 Strain)
2 strain for 2nd Maneuver: Move to Short.
1 Advantage to recover 1 Strain (now 7).

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 pm

The slice caused him to groan but it was not nearly as painful as the one earlier to his stomach. He pushed himself to her and led with a feinting over head before redirecting it to her calves. His blade then cut back deep and he managed a bloody smile.

---

3 Damage taken after Strain, leaving him at 8 Wounds taken.

Spend 2 Strain for Extra Maneuver to Close Distance. Action to swing...

D4 LM Round 3 Melee (Brawn) against Nai'tiri, Boost from RC: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

Damage is 4 (Brawn) + 2 + 1 (Feral Strength) + 2 (Success) = 9 with Pierce 1 before Soak. Spend Advantage for Crit.

D4 LM Round 3 Crit against Nai'tiri, Lethal Blows 1, Vicious 1: 1d100+20 114
Temporarily Lame: Until this Critical Injury is healed, the target cannot perform more than one maneuver during her turn.
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:55 pm

Nai screamed for the first time in the duel as she felt her leg failing her, and her swing went wide, stirring up some of the sand in the process.

---

D4 LM Duel Round 4: Melee (Brawn). Destiny upgrade again because we need a hero! +2B (Aim, Ritual Combatant).: 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD 1 failure, 2 advantage

(1 Wound left, thanks to Duty! 7 Strain)
2 Advantage to give Aaroth 1 Setback.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Aaroth led one final slice to drive the Chiss woman to the ground. He stood over her with his blade until he was sure she was incapable of fighting back. "Well fought," he said before taking a knee. He supported himself with his blade and looked over her. "A clean death, as we agreed. What do you prefer?"

---

Action to stab. Damage is 4 (Brawn) + 2 + 1 (Feral Strength) + 3 (Success) = 10 with Pierce 1 before Soak.

D4 LM Round 4 Melee (Brawn) against Nai'tiri, Boost from RC, Setback from Nai'tiri: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 3 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

D4 LM Critical for Nai'tiri for Going Down, +10 from Prior One: 1d100+10 91
At the Brink: Inapplicable since encounter is over.
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Nai coughed up an unpleasant amounts of blood. In the moment now, with the adrenaline leaving her system, she didn't feel like dying... there were still things she hadn't told Craw. Now she wouldn't see him return to be the man she had once loved.

And she wouldn't see little Torian take his first hunt on his own. With that in mind, she dropped her blade to the sands.

"Well fought," she managed a weak smile in return to her opponent. "Before... before I die, I must ask you; why?" Nai made a very feeble gesture to their surroundings. "Why do this? There's no honor or glory in enslaving these people, in kicking an already cowed people."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:24 pm

The victor leaned in closer, his own voice weak from the fighting. "I swore to follow Eralynn down whatever path. But as for these people, I have no care for them." He shook his head. "Did you know that it was these people first who used the suicide bombers? That is where she found the idea.

"But, Nai'tiri, there was no honor or glory to begin with fighting them. All of those months, for Clan Varad, was to draw the Republic military here." He rose to his feet and stumbled in the sand. "Even today is to cull the weak among your ranks and strengthen the survivors' resolve."
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 pm

"Just... just because a leader say or do something doesn't make it right," she frowned with disappointment. "Or is that how you choose to be remembered? As someone who only followed the words of their leaders...?"

Nai sighed with resignation, accepting her fate. "Then my shame is that my defeat came at the hands of someone who didn't strive to be greater than that. Let it be a shot, to end this quickly..."

There was still one last thing. "My last request is that you give my remains to Craw Toboga... he will be at the meeting tonight," she said as she sat up, readying herself for the last moment.

"Tell him, I still loved him."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:43 pm

"As I said, Nai'tiri, I have no qualms with her orders. My greatest passion is to fight." Aaroth nodded and limped over to his belongings. He retrieved his pistol and came back with it leveled at her. "I am sorry that this Craw Toboga will have to mourn you then. Perhaps he will slay me in the coming days. Your soul will soon join the Manda." He nodded and waited a few, long moments before suddenly pulling the trigger.
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Perhaps he will. Nai thought with neither glee nor bitterness. It was the way things were.

Joining the Manda meant more to her than what the Chiss believed in, and for a split second after he pulled the trigger, perhaps she did feel that her spirit joined with the Manda... her silhouette slumped together and onto the sand, painting the desert red with her blood.

/Nai'tiri is dead. Long live the blue booty.
/scene

Nai'tiri Cadera

Forum Statistics