A rugged frontier town built around an oasis in the Black Sands Desert.

To Save A Soul - D4 EA

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 am

FROM HERE

Garth flew into the airspace, itching to push the Spitfire into overdrive, but knowing how bad Lieutenant Chase would destroy him later if he left her behind now.

"According to the co-ordinates, we should be getting close..." He informed Jax and Chase.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Re: To Save A Soul - D4 EA

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:11 am

Flying in formation Chase spike to her T7 unit, "Alright T, keep a scan for me I want to know the moment you pick something up on the ground below. We're looking for traces of any sorta bombs or the sort. Anything you can picK up, alrighr? Gotta do this fast."
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 am

The area is packed with people, it looks to be a busy street bazaar with plenty of Mandalorian and guards that are watching for any trouble. On occasion they harass the locals but mostly they just are there watching and ready to make an example of someone.

OOC: Computers check from someone at Average with a setback due to finding individual people. Keep in mind the city is not controlled by the Republic so I am not sure if you guys are doing an air strike... which will be essentially worse than the suicide bombers or going in on foot?
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 am

"Can T7 pick out the targets before we close in, Chase?" Garth calls out over the comms as they slow down to an almost stagnant pace to avoid overshooting the town.
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 am

Chase flew in as close to the coordinates as possible and set the ship on a landing course. Landing in some small square near the target and sending a few straggling people rushing out of the way of the craft probably wasn't how anyone expected their morning to go but it was surely about to get a lot worse if she didn't.

"Workin' on it," Chase replied to Garth as they settled the ship.

Once groundside, Chase worked the ships systems with the aid of her Droid companion to tune the sensors in on the information they had to find the people they were looking for. "Got it yet T? We need something good," Chase said, slipping the helmet off her head as soon as her part of the work was done.

[OOC: My intent was to fly as close as possible and land, with the direct coordinates of the Target I'd say that Chase would land as close to it as possible and then set out on foot.]

Day 4, Early Afternoon | Computers vs Average to find Bombers, Setback Added, Chase/T7-B8 assist.: 3eP+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 am

OOC: Threat will be used to alert the Mandalorians so they will be looking for Republic soldiers, what do you wish to use the Triumph for?
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:43 am

OOC: With the lock on our target I'm using the Triumph to scramble the Mandalorian Patrols comms so they can't talk to one another while searching for us.

Victorious beeps! "Nice job T! Keep that running until I get back and don't let anyone take the ship, alright? Have her ready to run at a moments notice," Chase said ecstatically as T7 also transmitted the information to Chase's fellow pilots. Chase herself took off, hopping off the ship and moving into the street below to find their quarry.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:56 am

Jax was right behind her after locking down the ship "So how are we gonna play this?" he asked as he unslung Josephine and held her in both hands as they ran to the coordinates.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 am

They spot them, two twi’leks in their teens a girl and boy and an old man zabrak. They look around furtively as they approach their target a convoy of Mandalorian arms and munitions guarded by soldiers. Plus perhaps a hundred or so civilians just going about their lives.

OOC: Let me know what you will do to approach them and convince them not to die for the cause.
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 am

"I'll try to get through to the kids... can someone handle the old man?" she said as she raised a hand to her comm in her ear, pushing her way through the crowds on her approach toward them.

[OOC: Aim is to approach them at the same time, hopefully from in front of them and calmly trying to talk to them. Conversation will split with Chase taking a focus on the youngers, with a primary focus on the young girl.]
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 am

The teens duck into an alley as they pause to wait for a patrol before making their final approach. The old man takes a seat on a bench trying to look unassuming as he checked the interior of his jacket. He had a grim but determined look.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 am

Jax holsters his blaster rifle and nods to chase "I'll talk to the old man, things go too far sideways we can try and stun them and get them out of here."

Jax sit down next to the man with a friendly look on his face "Hey buddy its been too long!" he says loudly as he sits and puts an arm around the man pulling the zabrak closer and continues quietly never losing the smile on his face "I know why you're here, you don't need to do this. Just get up and walk out of here with me and we'll find a better way."
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 am

It gives chase hopefully enough time to swing around the side and approach them from the front, stopping just in front of the kids and lowering herself so that she was blocking their path but not forcefully.

"Hey, hold up a minute, we need to talk. You don't have to do this," she said it all quick, direct enough to get their attention and hopefully stop them in their tracks.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 am

"Wait fer me guys," Garth hollered as he jogged to catch up.

"It's murder tryin' to find a park around here." He laughed as he followed Jax towards the old Zabrak man.

Jax Dolross wrote:Jax sit down next to the man with a friendly look on his face "Hey buddy its been too long!" he says loudly as he sits and puts an arm around the man pulling the zabrak closer and continues quietly never losing the smile on his face "I know why you're here, you don't need to do this. Just get up and walk out of here with me and we'll find a better way."

Following on from Jax's approach, Garth kneels down in front of the Zabrak. "My friend here speaks the truth." He folds back his lapel showing an officers badge. "I'm with the Republic, we're here to help."
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am

Jax Dolross wrote:Jax holsters his blaster rifle and nods to chase "I'll talk to the old man, things go too far sideways we can try and stun them and get them out of here."

Jax sit down next to the man with a friendly look on his face "Hey buddy its been too long!" he says loudly as he sits and puts an arm around the man pulling the zabrak closer and continues quietly never losing the smile on his face "I know why you're here, you don't need to do this. Just get up and walk out of here with me and we'll find a better way."

OOC: Going to need a Charm roll at Hard with a setback, he is scared but also determined and has no idea who Jax is.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am

Chase wrote:It gives chase hopefully enough time to swing around the side and approach them from the front, stopping just in front of the kids and lowering herself so that she was blocking their path but not forcefully.

"Hey, hold up a minute, we need to talk. You don't have to do this," she said it all quick, direct enough to get their attention and hopefully stop them in their tracks.

The girl looks at Chase and reaches into her coat for something…
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:25 am

Chase reaches to indicate her collar, "Republic military, I'm a pilot you see... we're here for you, we're here to help. Can you trust me? If only for a quick second... I know what it's like, you know, being afraid."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 am

Chase wrote:Chase reaches to indicate her collar, "Republic military, I'm a pilot you see... we're here for you, we're here to help. Can you trust me? If only for a quick second... I know what it's like, you know, being afraid."

OOC: Going to need a social skill roll at Average with a setback die due to their fear, using a Destiny flip for difficulty upgrade.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 am

((can I get a boost for Garth's assist?))

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 am

"Come on girl.." she said, opening her hand and laying out her palm for the girl to grab her hand. "Take my hand, I'll get you out of here.. safe and sound. You and your brother alright? Just.. trust me, I'm here for you."

Day 4, Early Afternoon | Charm vs Girl, Setback, Challenge: 2eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImage
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 am

Jax Dolross wrote:((can I get a boost for Garth's assist?))

OOC: That is fine.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:39 am

Chase wrote:"Come on girl.." she said, opening her hand and laying out her palm for the girl to grab her hand. "Take my hand, I'll get you out of here.. safe and sound. You and your brother alright? Just.. trust me, I'm here for you."

Day 4, Early Afternoon | Charm vs Girl, Setback, Challenge: 2eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImage

The girl is hesitant and looks at her brother and then back to Chase, "Who are you and why do you care?"
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 am

"Come on man I've got a friend talking to the kids, let's all just calmly walk out of here and we can figure it all out later ok?" he used his best reassuring voice as he could tell the man was that dangerous combination of scared and determined.

Charm check: convincing the suicide bomber to not bomb hard with s et back destiny flip boost for assist: 1eA+2eP+1eB+3eD+1eS 1 success, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 am

Dapper Dog wrote:The girl is hesitant and looks at her brother and then back to Chase, "Who are you and why do you care?"

"I'm Lieutenant Chase, I'm a pilot for the Republic... I fly those really cool ships you might have heard not too long ago. And I'm here because once upon a time I was young, scared and I lost everything I ever loved in an instant. I want to stop little boys and girls from ending up like me, but if I can't do that.. maybe, at least if you'll let me, I can help them find out that there's still more left in the galaxy for people like me."

It was hot, and she was sweating, Chase wiped her gloved hand across her brow and extended it toward the girl again, "I can't do it without you though. Your brother needs your help, he needs you to show him what the right way is and I promise you I won't betray your trust. I'm here to help, but I can't do it without you. So, what do you say? Can you help me? Please?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:18 am

The girl nodded and looked at her brother and he said, “Help… we heard but I didn’t believe it. But here you are.”

The girl said, “Things are going to be okay, right?”

Meanwhile the old man breaks down into tears and said, “By the ancestors I… I am not sure how you knew but thank you. I just didn’t think I had anything else to live for and if I could… do my part to help the people I could…”

He turned as a Mandalorian patrol paused at the alley way and looked at Chase and said, “That’s… send in-”

He never got to finish as the young man rushed the patrol and exploded sending debris and smoke everywhere as the girl and Chase are knocked over by the blast! There is chaos and the old man seeing the explosion goes… “No!”

The din of the aftermath is chaos as people run for safety bodies are lying on the ground and the mandalorians are dead… after explosions are set off by the munitions… this may be a good time to leave while they still have their lives.

OOC: Saved two of them, Threat used for… well obvious things.
Dapper Dog

Next
Forum Statistics