A rugged frontier town built around an oasis in the Black Sands Desert.

Re: [D5 MA] Subdued Thing

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 am

Dr. Cole Ormont wrote:"Glad to have you around, Knight Darius," Cole felt his cheeks heating up, he couldn't dare call the man Dee, but he liked the way that it sounded in his head. Looking behind him, running a hand through his hair and rubbing the back of his neck, "better get back to it, feel free to keep us company if you like." He pointed, "that's Galen and Azura, they're both freelancers, currently on the Republic dime."

“Mercenary force users… choice,” he said still eating. “Not going anywhere, mister Doctor. But don’t let me distract you from all that stuff.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:53 am

Darius wouldn’t need to tap into the Force to sense that Cole’s was reluctant to drag himself away, though he might not have realised it himself. He smiled, crooked and awkward and turned back to his work. Recognising Azura’s posture, he approached her, “if you’re here, I’m guessing you fought that thing.” His brain still hadn’t picked up on Darius’ implications about Force users.

——
D4 EA: Crit-Azura; Medicine, Easy, Reduce Difficulty (Medpac): 2eP+3eA+1eB+1eD 5 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Critical Injury (Slightly Dazed) removed.

D5 EA: Heal-Azura; Medicine, Hard, Physician’s Kit: 2eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 7 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Advantage from Physician’s Kit

4 Wounds, 8 Strain healed.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 am

Darius smiled, gave a wink and then popped more food in his mouth. He hopped off the wall and said, “Azura, is it? Nice fighting out there, really saved the market.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:54 am

Dr. Cole Ormont wrote:Darius wouldn’t need to tap into the Force to sense that Cole’s was reluctant to drag himself away, though he might not have realised it himself. He smiled, crooked and awkward and turned back to his work. Recognising Azura’s posture, he approached her, “if you’re here, I’m guessing you fought that thing.” His brain still hadn’t picked up on Darius’ implications about Force users.

——
D4 EA: Crit-Azura; Medicine, Easy, Reduce Difficulty (Medpac): 2eP+3eA+1eB+1eD 5 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Critical Injury (Slightly Dazed) removed.

D5 EA: Heal-Azura; Medicine, Hard, Physician’s Kit: 2eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 7 advantage
+1 Advantage from Physician’s Kit

4 Wounds, 8 Strain healed.

"Yep" Azura said with a grin, although she winced slightly as the doc got to work on her injuries. Mostly lashing across her neck and body from the creatures vile tentacles.

"The bastard hurts, but it's dead and I'm not, so sucks to be him" she added, before a quick "thanks for looking the wounds over. They sting like crazy!"

Dapper Dog wrote:Image
Darius smiled, gave a wink and then popped more food in his mouth. He hopped off the wall and said, “Azura, is it? Nice fighting out there, really saved the market.”

She looked the guy over.

"Yeah, that's me. Protector of marketplaces it seems, hope it means I get a discount when we take this city. Who are you?"
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:58 am

“Darius, Jedi Knight just wandering around eating spicy poppers protecting the innocent and all that,” he said eating another fried morsel.

“Most just call me Dee.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:12 am

Cole continued to move amongst the injured, positioning himself where he could still see Darius out of the corner of his eye. The patient with the dislocated shoulder had splattered the cuffs of his sleeves; as he completed an amputation of a limb that couldn't be salvaged, an artery sprayed up, he turned his face, blood cast across his shoulder and jaw. He pushed his spectacles up the bridge of his nose with his arm, cheeks heating again as he glanced in Darius' direction.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 am

(still 4 wounds left to heal if it doesn't waste any resource - been stimmed twice)

“Darius, Jedi Knight just wandering around eating spicy poppers protecting the innocent and all that,” he said eating another fried morsel.

“Most just call me Dee.”

ugh, jedi

"The hell do you even get spicy poppers round here? Everything is closed or blown up" Azura frowned "you don't sound too bothered about helping people if I'm honest. Granted, I'm not super bothered, but I gave my best efforts."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:05 am

He popped another in his mouth and said, “Gotta know the right people… I mean the tough girl bitch act is pretty coolish… but hey do you. Was helping a few families stay safe during the rampage, by the time I got here, you killed it, well not you specifically.”

“I guess you helped.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am

Azura narrowed her eyes.

"Someone has to do the fighting so weak pissy Jedi like you can kick back and babysit children, right?"
Azura Mora

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 am

“Oh man… so tough, is little girl angry? Is this a who did a more important thing contest? I mean with that attitude and anger you couldn’t possibly have been trained with a lightsaber by the Jedi… looks like Sith training to me,” Darius responded still eating.

“That’s worth at least a paddlin’.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Peeling off his soiled gloves, Cole tossed them in the medical disposal container and pulled on a fresh pair, "promises, promises," he muttered, shooting a glance in Darius' direction. He let the revelation about lightsabers slip by without comment, filing the information away.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 pm

“Oh man… so tough, is little girl angry? Is this a who did a more important thing contest? I mean with that attitude and anger you couldn’t possibly have been trained with a lightsaber by the Jedi… looks like Sith training to me,” Darius responded still eating.

“That’s worth at least a paddlin’.”

Azura stood quickly, fists clenched as she glared at the man.

"You know nothing about me! Maybe I trained myself? Maybe I had someone else teach me? Not everything revolves about pissy Jedi and stupid Sith you know! At least I can actually do something of use, unlike you. Why don't you make yourself useful instead of winding people up?"

She slapped the treats out of his hand.

"I might have just been in an actual fight unlike you, but I still have enough left to deal with you if you keep pushing at me."
Azura Mora

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Cole got to his feet, he'd just patched her up and he didn't want to have to do so again. That, and he didn't want her chasing off the finest eye-candy Bankor had offered so far. He didn't step in, just yet.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:10 pm

“One… spicy poppers are really tasty,” he said looking down at the food in the dusty street. “Two, there are not many places once could even learn to weird a lightsaber like that… so logic dictates you are probably Sith trained. And according to tradition, Sith are our specialty.”

He looked at the food, “See that’s the anger of a Sith right there, why hold back. Do it… just give me a reason besides ruining my tasty spicy poppers.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Azura clenched her fists.

"You know nothing about me. Just because you need your hand holding to be of any use doesn't mean everyone does. Now piss off, before I give our good doctor more work to do."

She took a half step back, still ready to strike if he drew a weapon, but not drawing hers. Eyes never leaving his.

"And spicy poppers are disgusting, by the way" she added.
Azura Mora

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Cole massaged the bridge of his nose and groaned internally as Azura flung that last ad hominem barb at the supposed Knight. His response would speak volumes, and Cole watched with interest.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 pm

“Let me guess… probably trained with the Sith, someone was horrible to you, they hurt you, made you kill? You somehow escaped, more bad things happened and you learned to just be angry and run when things got tough. So you put up this front of not giving a kriff, and hiding your skills because it is a painful reminder of when you felt weak,” Darius replied with a smile.

“In truth you are just a scared child who couldn’t cut it being a Sith. You never broke your chains, they broke you.”

“Also spicy poppers are glorious,” he said mourning his food.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Disappointed that the confrontation had degraded into school yard taunting, Cole resumed his work on the injured. He’d been hoping for a Jedi-worthy dismissal, something Tethys might say to calmly make clear that Azura’s baiting hadn’t worked, or a Sith-worthy escalation. Either would have been fine with him.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Galen just watched silently, trying to decide which of the two was posturing more. If this were a holovid, they'd start making out soon.

Thinking of holovids made him want some poppers.
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 pm

"Piss off!" Azura shouted at the man, Charging at him and swinging upwards at him. It wasn't even at the forefront of her mind that she'd drawn her saber and struck at him, but the man was able to step aside.

D5 MA attacking Darius with saber - 4 trait 2 skill, flip destiny for upgrade. Dapper flipped destiny for upgrade - adversary 2 melee defense 2: 3eP+1eA+2eS+2eC+1eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
(Use advantages to add to Dairus' next check)
Azura Mora

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:23 pm

A violent shudder ripped through Cole as Azura’s lightsaber hummed to life with that distinctive sound, and he was on his feet. The sweat of the overbearing desert heat had turned cold on his forehead and back.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Galen stepped in, not drawing his blade.

"Do not do this! At the least, do not do it here!"
Galen Sol

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Darius chuckled as he sidestepped his lightsabers out in an instant. He opted to try a new trick his Master had taught him, but he was still… learning it seemed, though Azura did feel brief pressure around her neck.

She made it look so easy… well he shouldn’t kill her not with so many witnesses if anything he looked like the victim here… so use that? Darius spoke calmly, “Stand down baby Sith, we can discuss this like adults… well one adult, one petulant child, but close enough.”

OOC: Failed, so nothing happens. Incidental to draw one lighstaber, maneuver to draw a second, Action for Bind. Up to Azura if she wished to continue. Adversary 2, Melee Defense now 3.

Darius Bind vs. Azura + Destiny: 2eP+1eA+1eS+1eC+1eD+2eF 2 failures, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

Initiative

Azura
Darius
Dapper Dog

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:48 pm

“Enough!” Cole barked, but the sound of Azura’s lightsaber had drained all the colour from his face, and the Command was less forceful than he intended.

——
D5 EA: Leadership, unknown Difficulty: 1eP+2eA+3eD 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Galen prepared to stop them. He'd stand between them, if necessary.

- - -
[D5 MA] Subdued Thing, Initiative, Cool: 2eA 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImage
Galen Sol

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics