A rugged frontier town built around an oasis in the Black Sands Desert.

Girls Day Out [Day 5, LA]

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:23 am

Meeting up on the way off base the duo of Chase and Delmi made their way to Rygor. More of an assumed thing on Chase's end she didn't quite give the other woman time to explain before pulling up a ride to get there across the desert. Not one to go alone, as it was in a warzone. Still, certain risks had to be taken when you needed a thing or two done.

Moving into the city, Chase was dressed and just about as good as any of the locals. With the exception of the gun hidden in her holster.

Day 5, Late Afternoon | Contested, Stealth: 4eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Re: Girls Day Out [Day 5, LA]

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 am

Delmi had no problem looking like she wasn't part of the Republic forces. She fit in perfectly fine with some of the rough people that were sure to live in this frontier town of sorts. As the two of them approached the city Delmi finally broke the silence asking, "So... where we goin?"

---

D5 Contested Stealth: 4eA+1eP+3eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:41 am

"Rygor, if you didn't know that, why'd ya come?" Chase replied, turning her head just enough to flash her grin. "I've gotta couple errands to run here, at least a few things to pick up an'all. You got something here or did I just find you in the mood for a dangerous ride out into town?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 am

"No one should go out alone into enemy territory unless you intend to stay concealed. I'm tired of the base... would like to see what this town has to offer."
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 am

"It's... got a few amenities, was here for a brief while. Doesn't look all too special from up in the sky though," Chase said, taking the lead. A light cowl to keep her neck from burning and a light jacket to keep her arms covered as well. Beyond coverage, pretty much everything was light. Too much damn sun otherwise. Shirt came from the base though, that wasn't too hard to conceal.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:54 am

She nodded, "Alright. Lead the way then."

Her threat monitor beeped quietly enough in her hear so only she could hear as they walked the road into town.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 am

Chase lead the way to the nearest bit of markets, notably avoiding asking for directions and relying on street signs and maps and just a general sense of direction to find their way through the city.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 am

Delmi walked confidently to the side of Chase as they pressed forward...

----

OOC: Flipping Destiny with GM Approval.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 am

OOC: Noted, I will see what I come up with.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:03 am

Chase marked their way through the city for a time, crossing around corners and winding in more niche markets than they could count or, like Delmi suggested, possibly it was just the same three or four from different angles. Anyway, eventually they made it to the Bazaar. Still the effects of yesterday were seen in the people around them but Chase hardly seemed to notice at all. Instead she focused a bit on picking up a few things that were of various odds and ends.

[Took the time to buy stuff, will detail in PDF later]

"So, Delmi," Chase started as they continued through the city, "tell me a bit more about yourself. How's the war been treatin' ya?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:06 am

"Good enough. Shooting the baddies. Not gotten too shot up myself. Not terrible so far. You?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 am

"It's been a hell of a week..." she said, a long sigh. Last few days, really. "People of this planet need a little hope, need a little love. Not sure the brass is all too keen on giving it to 'em. So, little at a loss for how to keep these people looking toward a brighter future."

"But, enough of that. I had a couple o' questions to ask you, if you've got the mind to hear 'em?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:40 am

"Uhh, sure." She said as she kept her eyes on her surroundings.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:54 am

The duo come up on a Mandalorian checkpoint or the remnants of one, the place is burning not much to salvage but there was an attack, though they don’t see much of the attacking force. After that assessment it seems they may be looking at the remnants of another suicide attack sadly.

Despite the carnage they do find an intact data cache in what is left of a Mandalorian armored vehicle.
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:12 am

Coming up on the remnants.. Chase had some eerie feelings, nothing quite like flashbacks no. No for that she'd have needed to have actually turned around long enough to look at it. Putting her stuff aside she raised a hand, "Hold on a sec," Chase said, moving forward. Not so inconspicuously approaching the vehicle.

Clambering into the vehicle immediately Chase rooted around for anything that might have identified what the vehicle was doing, why it was here, what the purpose of attacking it even was. Why did someone choose to give their life here? On the day they did? Inside there was a data cache, one she took, and one she pulled out of her pocket when she stepped down from the wreckage back to Delmi she handed it out to her for her inspection.

"What'd ya make of that?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am

Delmi had kept an eye on their surroundings as Chase rummaged through the vehicle's remains.

"Looks like a targeted explosion... Strange no one has come for it. We should be weary of whatever is on this chip. Probably best to have it uploaded into an unconnected server."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:43 am

"If we were dealing with Imp's, I think I'd be just about as cautious as you but I don't think the Tin-Cans would worry so much about what the resistance might glean from something out in the field," Chase snorted a laugh, "probably would welcome the challenge the bastards. Still.. chances are that it might explain why they're hitting these vehicles and I'd not like to pass that up."

"Could hand it over to the spooks though, see what they think of it? Not really my favorite option but they'd know how to be cautious. Unless you've got an idea of someone else who might be able to take a proper crack at it?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:45 am

She shook her head, "I don't know anyone really. I mean... you usually don't leave stuff behind unless you're in a hurry to get out or want someone to find something. I've got a datapad that isn't hooked up to anything important... could see what's on there if need be. Probably scrambled in someway... I wouldn't be able to decode it if it were."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 am

"If you wanna give it a crack," Chase brought a hand to Delmi's forearm and guided the woman to facing away from the wreckage for a moment. Stepping off in such a way to lead Delmi off toward an alleyway somewhere, or perhaps a nice little seat somewhere other than here.

Only when they got there did she resume," So, like I was saying. You wanna give it a crack.. go for it, but knowing how that craft ended up like that, well, they might have just wrote it off as lost salvage and nothing more. Might not be too much of something, but hey, worth the look right? If you can't work it, we'll just cut our losses and bring it in to someone who can figure it out."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 am

Delmi nodded her head and plugged the chip in to see what would pop up...
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:51 pm

After a couple minutes of working at it the pair of them seemed to find their way into the cache rather smoothly...

---

D5 Computer Assisted Check with Chase, Avg Difficulty: 3eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Use Adv to try and make the data easier to read and understand somehow?
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 pm

The data is about a supply cache of extra munitions and weapons that had not been raided by the Mandalorians. Looks like this group were independents hoping to cash in and get the stuff for themselves.

There are coordinates for the depot which looks to be in the Wound.
Dapper Dog

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:57 am

Ask the pair looked it over Delmi spoke, “Hm... whatdya think? Hand this over to the resistance?”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Chase » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 am

"No," Chase said rather sternly, "can't trust those bastards as far as I could throw them if I had them sit on the front of my Spitfire and I went full speed. Nah, either we check this out ourselves or hand it to someone else on base, won't have it any other way after what I learned those bastards do when they learn about munitions dumps."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:32 am

“Hm?” Delmi asked, seemingly out of the loop.
Description
Delmi Koor

Next
Forum Statistics