The region called the Veras Industrial Region is the oldest settled region on the planet.

Re: Goodbye and Hello, As Always [D13 EN]

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:01 am

Lyseil puffed her cheeks in annoyance as Niall called it ridiculous and laughed, even if she knew he didn't mean it that way. He did say it was a nice thing, after all!

"Hmph, you're just saying it's ridiculous because you're embarrassed," she huffed and was about to flip her hair, before realising she still had it up in that same loose braided bun as before.

"But... thank you," she settled against the railing comfortably, smiling back to Niall. "I know that, but... it should be different for her. At least, you should make her feel like it's different for her."

Lyseil; self-proclaimed love guru, clearly.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:24 am

"I won't deny that's part of it." Niall said, grinning. "Goodness, that's going to be strange to bring up. But it was ridiculous. And kind. And brave." He looked at her, smiling, his grey eyes fond. "But that's entirely you. And I mean that in a good way, just to be clear." His lips quirked. "No one else boops my nose like you do, after all."

Sighing, Niall looked out over the ocean. "I will. I promise." He was silent for a moment. "It is different for her. I've loved her since we were both children. From time to time, the exact form of that has changed, but it's been more true than anything else. It'll be true even if we can't be together." He sighed again.

He gave Lyseil a sidelong glance, judging her reaction. They had just broken up, after all. "I think the two of you would get along. Well, perhaps not right at first." He smiled. "But she would warm to you quickly, I think."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 am

She laughed warmly, and shook her head. It probably had been ridiculous and brave. That it made Niall smile meant a lot to her, though.

"Hmm... that sounds romantic, you know, to have liked eachother since you were children," she commented with a light-hearted chuckle. "I hope we'll get along too... if she's someone you like, she must be a nice person."

Lyseil brushed a hand against her hair to make sure the hair was staying in place. "So... how did it all happen between you, if you don't mind me asking? Since you've loved her since you were children."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:45 am

"She is." Niall said, smiling. It was more or less true. Older Aly had developed a bit of an edge to her, but there was still the same kindness underneath.

Niall's cape picked up some of the breeze, fluttering dramatically. He looked at Lyseil, gently concerned. "Are you warm enough?" He shifted, just a little, doing his best to shield her from the wind.

"Hmmm... it's a bit of a long story..." Pursing his lips, Niall took a deep breath. "I told you that our parents were seeking to arrange our marriage. And while many would have simply done that, rather than introduce two children and hope that they didn't develop a lifetime aversion to each other, they brought us together. I was... goodness, perhaps five? Six? Aly would have been four, or just a little under. An odd combination, to be sure."

He shrugged. "But we did everything together. Us and later Arsele. But it was Aly and I who were truly inseparable. We watched movies together; that's where I developed my love of action movies. We would go exploring, boating..." He laughed softly. "I felt it was my duty to keep her safe. And I was often trying to show off. I don't know how many times I ended up at the doctor because of one thing or another we did. There was the raft, the goose, the railing, the cave, the pinecone, the carriage..." He trailed off. "Probably more. In a lot of ways, it was just two children, playing at being in love. But... it hasn't gone away."

The moonlight caught his grey eyes as he looked out over the water. "And then the Jedi came. Explained to everyone that she was strong with the Force. And, once her parents agreed, they took her away." His lips pressed together a moment; it was an old pain, but it still stung.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 am

"It's a little chilly, but I'm fine," she said, but did lean a bit closer. But mostly to provide him with a friendly shoulder for support, and as she listened to his story, it was easier this way to give him a light hug.

"That does sound romantic, you know," Lyseil teased a little, "acting like her prince since you were little. Did you keep in touch after that or...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:18 am

"Here." Niall said softly, smiling. Reaching up, he detached the cape from where it clung to his neck. Carefully, he settled it around Lyseil's shoulders, his hands resting there, warm and reassuring. "It's your turn to try out the cape, anyway." He murmured. "It is very nice, isn't it?"

Knowing where things stood between them, Niall actually found it comfortable to let his arm remain around her shoulder. A friendly intimacy rather than a romantic one. "We did. Sort of. It wasn't easy. I only actually saw her once or twice. Just before I went off to the Academy... so, a few years before we met." He gave her a gentle nudge. "I sent her messages on her birthday, she on mine, and the occasional congratulations on such and such event. Her becoming a Knight, me getting promoted, that sort of thing."

He took another deep breath. "Then, two years ago, we were both assigned to the peace talks at Nar Shaddaa. It had been ages since we'd actually spoken. And we were both different people. But, in some ways, it wasn't different at all. It was like we were Ni and Aly again. That was where we..." He bit his lip a moment. "-became lovers."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:26 am

"Heh, it feels very nice!" she agreed, pulling it around herself a bit more as she got a feel for it. Maybe she should get one of these too? And a hat as well!

Like Niall, she enjoyed the friendly support they were giving eachother in this moment. She felt like he needed it now too.

"If the two of you could be apart that long, and grow even closer after such distance, then I think it's possible for you two to be together, Niall. The Jedi will probably see that Alysele won't be the type to forget her duties as a Jedi, and with you... both of you would have the Republic's interests at heart." Her smile was wide, warm, and friendly as she tried to dispel any concern he might have. "I'm sure she probably just needed to confirm that to the Order, Niall... and to herself."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:38 am

"Mmmm..." Niall's lips pressed together. "Maybe. I know she's had some struggles with the order. But that was during the war with the Sith. I think she's doing considerably better now that she's at the embassy at Corellia."

He sighed. "Anyway... I can't know until I speak to her. But you're right. What we feel for each other survived all this time. More than one war. Worlds apart. And worst of all, growing up." He smiled. "I... lately, have tried to imagine a universe in which we aren't together. And it's more possible than I once thought." He'd learned that much, being with Lyseil. "But I begin to think that there's more hope for us than I'd begun to fear. If she wants it as much as I do."

Niall's arm around Lyseil tightened, giving her a squeeze. "Thank you, Lyseil." He said, smiling down at her, his voice both gentle and warm. "I feel better. You are a good friend."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:55 am

Am I though? she thought. A part of her had wanted to tell him about Z, but... no, she could tell it wouldn't sit well with Niall now. It could wait until a better time. When they both had a bit more distance from this.

"I try to be," she shrugged before looking up at him. "You're the kind of guy who attracts good friends, Niall. You make people want to be better around you, and you inspire the best in people."

Lyseil chuckled, looking down again and back out to sea. "... I wish I had a fairy-tale romance like that. To be honest, I envy you two a little."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:24 am

"I think so too." Niall said. "But it goes both ways, you know. I try to be better, for the people who are counting on me. And my friends, most of all. I do my best to be a good person, but everyone falters now and then. And when I do, I know I can count on my friends to help me."

"Do you?" Niall laughed softly, a good-natured sort of laugh. "Don't be. I won't deny the fairy-tale elements of me and Aly. But... Lyseil, you're a princess. If you don't have your own fairy-tale waiting for you somewhere, I'll be shocked. I wouldn't be surprised if woodland creatures would fasten a dress for you. A stylish one; you are a Panteer, after all." He gave her shoulders another squeeze. "I can hardly wait to see it." He whispered. In truth, his feelings were still a bit raw... but he did truly wish her the best.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:41 am

"And they can count on you," she nodded.

"Really? You've been watching too many movies now," Lyseil laughed, nudging Niall's side with her elbow. "Woodland creatures, huh? I'll keep that in mind next time I'm home. I'm sure it will make all the rage at the next ball to look like I was dressed by woodland creatures."

At this point, she wasn't sure where things would go with Z. Maybe they'd try this out for a little while and part ways, or it could be something more. Only time could tell there. So it was a bit premature to talk about it with Niall in that regard too. "I hope it happens," she said with an unreadable smile. "As long as it's someone that makes me happy, like you made me happy for a while, then I can't ask for more. I know my parents would probably prefer some good match, and I bet mother will shriek a bit that the two of us didn't become a thing. But I don't want that to decide who I will be with."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:53 am

Niall laughed as Lyseil nudged him. "I've been told that I watch too many movies, actually. And I assure you, the woodland creatures are always quite talented. You'd be the belle of the ball." He chuckled softly. "And besides, if there's anywhere in the galaxy where woodland creatures could make a fine dress, it's Alderaan. We have both conservation programs and art programs, after all."

"You made me happy, too." Niall said, giving Lyseil a gentle smile. "And you've given me more hope for the future." He pursed his lips. "It's funny. My preferred match is the one my parents initially chose for me. Now, of course, I don't think they'd care for it. Things with the Cortess family have changed, and Aly doesn't really count as one anymore." He shrugged, the motion tangible against Lyseil.

He glanced down at Lyseil, his expression thoughtful. "We have obligations to our families. But... I think we have obligations to ourselves, too. I think when the time comes for you to choose, you should choose for yourself." He smiled. "Your mother won't howl long, once she sees that you're happy."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 am

"I know she won't," she chuckled. "She's just very caught up in politics at home. Father focuses on politics with the senate and other planets, mother concerns herself with Alderaanian politics. And well, she was a military-officer before becoming a mother, so I often get the feeling she approaches politics like a battlefield."

Lyseil shook her head with a smile. Her mother could be a handful sometimes, but she knew she acted with care and love for her family. "Hmm... I look forward to seeing them again though. I think I want to go home, if just for a brief visit, once we can leave Bankor." She shot him a smirk. "Being with you has made me homesick, I confess."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 am

"I know what you mean. My parents are both very... Alderaan focused." Niall said, his lips pressing together. "Moreso than I am. I think they'd want me to marry someone who would tie me more to Alderaan. As though I'm not tied enough to Alderaan already." He sighed. "Politics as a battlefield. There's a daunting thought. I wonder how much of my military life I'll be able to apply, once my turn comes."

"Yeah?" Niall smirked back at Lyseil. "That's where I'll be going, too. For the same reasons, and a few more. Some of it work; I want to see about getting the government to aid Bankor."

He shifted, rubbing Lyseil's back with his hand, fingers rubbing hard through the fabric of his cape as she wore it. "You want to meet up while we're there? I'd like that." He hesitated a moment. "I would still want you to see the lake house. See if you remember it. And I was promised some pictures of a tiny Lyseil riding dogs." Would it be strange, now that they weren't together? He didn't think so.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:46 am

"Hmm, I'm still not quite sure on what I can do, but... I think I want to do what I can to make sure that this doesn't happen again. That the Crusaders can feel like they could have friends in the Republic - I don't want them to think they were just our guns for hire in this fight." She said thoughtfully, as she wasn't yet fully decided.

The light touch on her back did put her more at ease. "I'd like that too, Niall. And sure, I did promise you those pictures, didn't I?" Lyseil shot him a grin. "And a Panteer always keep their word. I'm sure both my mother and father could have advice to give you if you're going into politics. Especially mother with her military background. I think she was a Major or something before she retired? And then there's my uncle, her brother, the one with the dogs? He was a Colonel."

There was a fondness in her voice as she spoke of her family. "He never got into politics tough. He retired to get away from all of that, it's why he lives in his private estates away from most people."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 am

Niall's expression turned more serious, his grey eyes interested. "That sounds like a worthy goal. You should talk to Vera; she might be able to help you with that." He sighed. "I had a contact in the Crusaders, but she was killed in action." Another reminder that the celebrations today did not come without cost.

Ah yes, politics. Niall murmured acknowledgement, grimacing delicately. A reminder that even on vacation, he would likely have responsibilities. He would handle them, as always. "I would like that." Niall said sturdily. "Your mother sounds like a formidable woman. I should like to have the chance to discuss things with her." His lips quirked. "As long as I also see the pictures. I want to know just how big these dogs were."

Niall's eyebrows went up at that. "Did he?" His hand still on her back, he turned, looking out over the ocean again. He was silent for a few moments. "Sometimes I think I'd like to do something like that. Retire to an estate. Live with my family. I hadn't thought about dogs. Maybe horses."

He shook his head, smiling wryly. "But of course, I don't have a family except what I was born with, yet. And I'm a long way from retirement. I suspect that I'll always feel that I am, though. There's always more to do, after all."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 am

"Vera Ordo? Sure, I'll talk to her... tomorrow sometime when she's sobered up after tonight's partying," she grinned. Lyseil figured the Mandalorians would party hard. Too hard for someone like her, no doubt.

"As for mother... yes, she can seem pretty formidable, but I promise she's a sweet and caring person." Or at least she was in her opinion. If a bit strict. But all Alderaanians were strict, right? "And you'll see the pictures. Sheesh, I'm not that embarrassed over them." She laughed warmly with another shake of her head.

"... Hmm... uncle retired after his wife died though. Before my time. I don't really know all the details there, but I got the impression that there was a lot he didn't want to deal with anymore outside of family at that point. And well, he does visit often and spoil us rotten. My siblings and I are like the children he never had himself, so he loves to dote on us all. In some ways, he's like a second father to me."

She sighed happily. "What about your parents? I don't think I remember much of them..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:12 am

"Hah." Niall smiled. "Vera will probably give me a hard time tomorrow for sneaking away. She's of the opinion that I don't know how to have a good time." He frowned a moment. "She's right, of course, but I'd prefer that she not rub it in too much."

"Hmmm..." For a moment, Niall was silent. "I can see how a loss like that could change a person. My parents have been much more..." he pursed his lips, "-retiring for the last two years." Since his sister died. He let his arm settle around Lyseil once more. "It sounds like he was very lucky to have you. And you to have him. I would be honored to meet him." Niall said, his grey eyes sincere.

"My parents... hmm. It's hard to know what to say about them." He frowned thoughtfully. "I suppose you could say that I learned kindness from my mother, and responsibility from my father. Not that they don't both have both of those qualities. Just that's how they define them." His frown deepened. "They both do their part for the district; my mother oversees local projects, my father has a position with the planetary government. It always seemed important to me, but rather... provincial, if that makes sense."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 am

Lyseil covered her mouth as she laughed.

"So you're saying there must be more than this provincial life?" She teased him with an honest grin. "Are you sure you're not really a princess from those movies we saw as kids?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:41 am

That made Niall laugh. "Says the actual princess, and perhaps the most optimistic person I know." He nudged her with his hip. "And why not a prince? That should be closer, shouldn't it?" He glared at her a moment before laughing and shaking his head. "Actually, I do think that I have a rather nice singing voice. Perhaps when we're at the lake house, I can demonstrate. There's something about singing out there, where it's just you, and the lake, and whatever company you're in..." His lips quirked. "This isn't helping with the princess comparison, is it?"

He shook his head. "Ah... where was I, though? Right, my parents. You do understand what I mean, right? It's just strange to think how much smaller their world is than mine is."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:56 am

"Not really, Niall," she had a hard time containing her laughter. "And for the record, my singing is terrible - so you're more of a princess than I am!"

After a few more tries and a couple of deep breaths, she mostly had it back under control. "I get what you mean though. I feel the same way with my family very often - That they think too much about Panteer and Alderaan and not on how we're connected with other worlds in the Republic. And the galaxy."

And she sometimes worried they're be too caught up in that traditional way of thinking in the future...
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 am

Niall laughed helplessly as well, his shoulders shaking. His arm tightened around Lyseil less out of a desire for closeness, and more just out of a need to stay upright.

"Oh, Lyseil." He shook his head. "Well then. From one princess to another." He laughed again, shaking his head. "It doesn't really matter if you can't sing. Some of us were good. Some of us weren't. My father and I could sing. Mother, Rayne, and Gaelin all couldn't. Aly was a lovely singer." He smiled. "I look forward to hearing you regardless."

He nodded. "Yes. Exactly. That's one of the reasons I've chosen the path I have." His chin tilted up as he looked out over the water. "Someday it'll be our turn to make the calls. Decide the fate of Alderaan. Just as, someday, we'll be passing our tasks to the next generation." His lips quirked. "That doesn't sound too arrogant, does it?" At least it wasn't anything about imposing his will upon the galaxy.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 am

"Careful what you wish for," she grinned, "I think I'll accompany you on the violin instead and leave the singing to you two."

Lyseil patted Niall reassuringly on his shoulder. "No. It's not arrogant to think so. Whether we want to our not, there will always be a new generation. And we will want them to grow up with less hardship than we did."

Kids wasn't something she was in a rush to have... but some day? It would be nice. To have her own family.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:55 am

Niall smiled fondly. "Actually, that sounds rather nice." His lips twisted into a smirk. "And it will give you something to do when you're not singing." He jostled her playfully. "If you really don't want to, perhaps you can play the violin for... us?" He raised one eyebrow. What 'us' did she have in mind? "I think I'd love to hear that, too."

"Oh, good." He grinned down at her. "Once you hit Captain, you have to start watching for that sort of thing." He sighed. "But that's exactly right. It's a dream I've had for a while. That someday, I really could hand things over. And it would be okay. Because I would know that things were better, and I could trust those who came after me. I just hope I'll be ready, when the time comes."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm

"You and Alysele, silly!" She grinned and reached up with a hand to boop his nose. It would probably be the last time she got to do that so easily.

Her smile turned playful. "Ready for what exactly? Becoming a parent or turning the reins over to your children?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics