Primary Bankor Resistance encampment in the region.

What Do I See? [Day 1 EA, open]

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:29 pm

A brown-robed figure enters the resistance camp, cool brown eyes (and other senses) alert to the life of the encampment. Tethys leaves her hood down around her shoulders--she'd rather seem approachable than aloof, and she's never been especially good at being inconspicuous, anyway. She lets her feet take her where they will, more interested in taking the temperature of the place and its people than in finding anyone or anything in particular.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: What Do I See? [Day 1 EA, open]

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:04 pm

She sees a young man kneel and pick up a dropped stuffed doll and hand it to a crying child on a transport vehicle. The child seems thankful unable to reach it and he smiled briefly before turning to see the Jedi.

He pulled his heavy cloak around himself to shield from the rain and turned to walk deeper into the camp.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Something about the interaction strikes Tethys as significant, an instinct she’s learned not to ignore. Her long, easy stride carries her after the young man without hurrying. Either she’ll overtake him and have a friendly word, or she’ll come across someone else of interest. Whatever the universe wants, really.

She tilts her face a little upward as she walks, enjoying the sensation of rain on her skin after all that time in transfer stations and ships.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:51 pm

Her stride brought her to an empty squat building with half a roof, the other half rested inside with water dribbling down into the mud. The man stood inside looking at the bones of the structure and said, “You can see a thousand battle fields, and the destruction is always shocking.”

His voice is rich and strong with a defined Imperial inflection.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:04 am

"A thousand? You look young to be that well-traveled," Tethys says in her quiet alto voice. She stands in the empty doorway of the ruined structure, propping herself casually against the frame with one hand. The top of her head is only a few centimeters from the sagging lintel.

"Some people do lose the capacity to be shocked, I believe. But you wouldn't want to hang around them."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:08 am

This was one of many place Jax's wandering feet had brought him today, he was learning the area. He always wanted to know where he might be fighting so getting a feel for the layout was always advantageous.

Through his wandering he saw a familiar face talking to a less familiar one. He approached but did so slowly not wanting to interrupt the pair.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:10 am

“Poetic license?” he said chuckling darkly and then frowned looking at the bones of the building.

“How can I be of assistance, master Jedi?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:57 am

"Nothing in particular." She shrugs one shoulder. "You looked like you might know your way around. And I'm trying to find mine." Explaining the silent tickle of instinct to non-Jedi was generally a waste of everyone's time.

With her back to the street (such as it is), she hasn't noticed Jax yet.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:48 am

“I am going to disappoint you, but I am not native,” he said with a smile. “I just arrived this morning, but I wanted to see how the people eked out a living under these harsh conditions. Do you have a destination in mind, master Jedi?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:10 am

"It sounds like you're looking for the same thing I am, then," Tethys says with a slight smile, cocking an eyebrow at him in that irritating Jedi way. "The Republic's about to pour a few thousand soldiers and support down here. They're needed, but it's a lot to drop on these people all at once." She turns to look over her shoulder, back out of the building; in the process she spots Jax, and as he seems to be paying attention to the two of them, she lifts a hand and gestures a greeting before turning back to the mystery man.

"Sharp edges rubbing against sharp edges, people getting heated... friction between friends starts too easily at times like this. I'd rather figure out where the flashpoints might be, so we can all work around them."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:15 am

“Some would say that friction creates opportunity for growth and change. I don’t know, I feel sad about the state of the camp, but it can be improved, these people’s homes can be rebuilt, those that died have made way for others to take thir place or maybe innovate to do more with less,” he said kneeling and pulling discarded junk from the rubble.

“Sharp edges are not always bad, master Jedi.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:31 am

"If you can pick it up and use them for something constructive, to make things better, sharpness might be a good thing. If you trip and fall on it when you're not expecting it... not so good." Tethys chuckles briefly. "A good friend doesn't try to smooth all her other friends into sameness, but she'll keep an eye out for how and how not to put them together." She flips over a crumbling brick with the toe of her boot. "For example, I think the Republic strike force probably has field shelters in their stores and engineers on their roster."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:35 am

In a different spot in the base a young gunslinger was following directions to find the woman Lelia...

Reaching the destination that had been indicated, Delmi started to look for the woman in earnest.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:51 am

It sounded like the two were in a very involved conversation, Jax went to another part of the base to explore it a bit. He saw a woman that lacked the bearing of active military, seemed as good as anyone else to talk to.

"Kind of a shitty day to make landfall huh?" He asked lightly indicating the rather inclimate weather.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lelia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:05 am

Delmi Koor wrote:In a different spot in the base a young gunslinger was following directions to find the woman Lelia...

Reaching the destination that had been indicated, Delmi started to look for the woman in earnest.

Lelia is working out of a makeshift cafeteria giving out soup and bread to refugees. A long line has formed of those affected by the fighting mostly zabrak, with some humans and twi’leks.
Bankor Resistance | Freedom Fighter | Pilot | Alluring | Force Sensitive | Zeltron

Played by Dapper Dog
Lelia

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:07 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"If you can pick it up and use them for something constructive, to make things better, sharpness might be a good thing. If you trip and fall on it when you're not expecting it... not so good." Tethys chuckles briefly. "A good friend doesn't try to smooth all her other friends into sameness, but she'll keep an eye out for how and how not to put them together." She flips over a crumbling brick with the toe of her boot. "For example, I think the Republic strike force probably has field shelters in their stores and engineers on their roster."

“But will they part with them, and more importantly do they have enough to fulfill every need?” the man asked curiously.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:16 am

"We'll have to figure that out," she says with a shrug. "They were sent here to help. There's not a great deal of point in running Clan Kryze off the planet if the citizens are still left living outdoors in the rain. The Republic military usually isn't too bad at remembering that." A little shake of her head conveys the unspoken For military types, at least.

"That reminds me, I didn't catch where you've come from yourself, friend. You're not local, nor in Republic uniform..." The look she gives him is coolly quizzical. There are plenty of explanations for an Imperial accent, so she chooses not to remark on that in particular, but it does contribute to her curiosity.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:46 am

“Nowhere anyone would care to go, an Imperial colony called Xaria Mun, unless you like mines and rocks,” he replied with a nod.

“The name is Draagh, just a gun for hire, looking to exploit the situation for some credits, not glamorous or all that noble, but we all have to find our path.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:36 pm

"For a man out to exploit, you were kind to that child a minute ago," Tethys notes, one corner of her mouth quirking a little. "A name for a name. I'm Tethys."

((Would the names Xaria Mun or Draagh mean anything at all to her?))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:"For a man out to exploit, you were kind to that child a minute ago," Tethys notes, one corner of her mouth quirking a little. "A name for a name. I'm Tethys."

((Would the names Xaria Mun or Draagh mean anything at all to her?))

"People are more complex than they appear, I suppose," Draagh replied.

OOC: Draagh means nothing to her, but she can roll Outer Rim (Intellect) at Average for Xaria Mun.
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:53 pm

"Or than they believe themselves to be, even," Tethys agrees. "So are you planning to sell your skills to the Republic, or the Resistance?"

The name of his homeworld means nothing to her, at least off the top of her head; a place she may have heard of once or seen on a navigational chart, but knows nothing in particular about.

--

D1 EA--Knowledge Outer Rim vs. Average: 3eA+2eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:03 am

“My skills are already paid for, by a private party,” he said calmly. “I can’t go into details suffice to say, I have some time to kill so I figured I would see what I could do to help around here.”

“Hopefully more than just giving a little girl back some of her innocence; these people are living in bad conditions, but I am at a loss of what I can do.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:57 am

"I didn't realize I was talking to an interstellar man of mystery," Tethys deadpans. "Unless I miss my guess, some of the strike force will be surveying this camp today for whatever improvements we can contrive. If you're at loose ends, save your code in my comm. I'll ping you with when and where they can use an extra pair of hands."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:15 am

“That is a generous offer master Jedi,” he said taking her offer.

“All I can offer is labor, my skills are rather limited.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:16 am

"That's all right. I'm not exactly a field engineer myself," she says as she rechecks the comm settings and slips it back into her pocket. "Someone's got to get their hands dirty."
Tethys Carrack

Next
Forum Statistics