Republic Encampment

Give Me Quarter (D1, MA)

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:31 am

(open, but looking for someone in specific)

Still walking around in armor with her helmet tucked underneath her arm, the Cadera searched for the whereabouts of the Quartermaster she had been told to speak to.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader
Theme | Profile | Turtle Crew

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.
Languages: Basic, Cheun, Durese, Huttese, Mando'a

Aliit is family. It means nobody gets left behind — or forgotten
Nai'tiri Cadera

Re: Give Me Quarter (D1, MA)

Postby Badera Varn » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:40 am

Badera was here with a few soldiers looking at her manifests and making sue she brought down everything she needed. She was busy moving large crates into a secure warehouse, a sad fact that even in the military stuff goes walking if not secured.
Republic | NCO | Quartermaster | Tough | Veteran | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:20 pm

"I'm looking for the quartermaster." The Mandalorian woman said as she was Badera and the group of soldiers.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:36 am

A set of montrals appeared behind a barricade not far from the barracks along with a few mumblings. They seemed to be moving in circles before settling in one spot.
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:32 am

Nai'tiri Cadera wrote:"I'm looking for the quartermaster." The Mandalorian woman said as she was Badera and the group of soldiers.

“And you found her,” she said hefting a crate onto her broad shoulders.

“Civilian auxiliary, well whatever gets the job done. You got the blaster, I got the ammunition, you got the armor, I got the polish… you feeling lonely, we got a backroom for privacy.”

“Just clean up when you're done.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:42 am

Wah

For a moment the Mandalorian was flustered. Then regained her cool.

"No need for that." Any of that. Nai took a moment as she tried to set her thoughts in order. "It's been brought to my attention that the gear of fallen soldiers is given over to your division. Already seen earlier that local resistance think Mandalorian armor is fair game to loot, and I need to know what happens to the gear of my fallen brothers when it's handed over to you."

She hated being so wordy, but the situation called for it.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:44 am

“I don’t have an actual protocol, technically we would try to return the equipment to a proper governing authority but the Republic does not recognize Mandalor or the Mandalorians as a legitimate professional fighting force. Guess it probably goes to a museum or something,” the woman replied.

“It’s illegal for soldiers to loot enemy combatants in the field and take souvenirs, any souvenirs.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 am

Nai held back her irritation at the reply.

"A museum?" she scoffed at the ridiculousness of it. Unheard of. "Unacceptable. Our armor and weapons must be returned to their clans."

Clearly the locals didn't care for that 'rule' either.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:05 am

“If we had formal contact with your clans I would be behind that, but I am not sure who I would even contact,” she responded hefting another crate into place onto her powerful shoulders.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:10 am

There was no hesitation with Nai. "I can fill that role, until al'verde Kelborn says differently."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:13 am

Nai'tiri Cadera wrote:There was no hesitation with Nai. "I can fill that role, until al'verde Kelborn says differently."

“Umm… hrrm… can you guys like produce I don’t know something that looks official, run it by Commander Malcom and I will gladly offload this… these relics of your people to you,” she responded after some thought.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:12 am

Once again, this protocol stuff and going higher. Hopefully that baby-faced Captain Organa could so something along the lines of what the woman was asking for.

"Very well," she sighed a little. "Will get... something official. With all the bells and whistles you Republic-folks like."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:22 am

"Just trying to make sure we keep everything above board," she said with relief.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:55 pm

"Just making it needlessly complicated sometimes," Nai commented with a light-hearted tone. It was one of the things she remember not liking much in the military herself during her brief time there.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:44 pm

“Oh I agree, but after getting burned more than once, covering your arse is important too,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:36 pm

"More than once?" she quirked an eyebrow at that. "Can't have been that bad? You're still alive."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:08 pm

“You lose a stripe or get docked some pay… it stings for a bit and then you either fold or bounce back. That’s life, really,” she replied.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:16 pm

"No stripes to lose among Mando, so not a worry for me," she chuckled once. "Need a hand with those crates before I get going?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

"I won't say no to that," she responded as she hefted another crate.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:03 am

Securing away her helmet by attaching it to her belt, the Chiss moved over to help the quartermaster and her assistants. It would probably occupy most of her afternoon, but that was fine. Work needed to be done, and the sooner these people were freed up from this menial labor, the sooner everyone could move onto more important tasks.

Like winning a war.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 am

Once finished she said, “Thank you again, Mandalorian. I never actually met one you folks before, well I mean talked to, killed one or two… and definitely been shot at, but never looked forward to facing you… your people in the field.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:21 am

"I'm the first Mandalorian you speak to?" she asked with a raised eyebrow in surprise.

"... Your feelings are right. And facing a clan united in one purpose is a challenge worthy of song and stories. Clan Kryze are as formidable as any of the big clans of Mando'ade."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:01 am

“It’s really a recent thing we even tried working with them, too unpredictable, didn’t follow protocol… best to avoid altogether but then I saw a hutt around here, so the times they are a changing,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:09 am

"A Hutt?" Nai chuckled briefly. "Hard to believe. Those slugs are hut'uun. Probably just looking for ways to take advantage of mine or yours."

"We have our own ways. Your ways are not ours - doesn't make us any less effective than you when the need comes to fight." The Mandalorians had nearly brought the Republic to the brink before Revan saved them, after all.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:22 am

“One threat falls another rises, blah blah blah, I just work till the next payday. Take my deployments, enjoy what I can and don’t sweat the heady stuff,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Next
Forum Statistics