Republic Encampment

[Day 2 - Late Morning] Poodoo rolls downhill... [Closed]

Postby Jace Malcom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:19 am

Jace was not happy as he looked at the Chief and his security Officer, Captain Faya Hurn. He was probably just a shade below furious as he read the message one more time. Finally he said, “I am not going to say I told you so, but I knew that hutt would be trouble. Damn it… I should have gone with my gut, but we needed the manpower.”
Republic Commander | Special Forces | War Hero | Heavily Scarred | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Re: [Day 2 - Late Morning] Poodoo rolls downhill...

Postby Chief Po'xin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:20 am

“We don’t know all the details, this could be the other way around. The locals are fighting for their lives, they could have shot first, maybe thought he was a slaver?” the Chief offered trying to muddle what happened.
Republic | Mechanic | Gruff | Venerable | Senior NCO | Besalisk

Played by Dapper Dog
Chief Po'xin

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 am

“I am not sure Chief, had a run in with him last night, violent… belligerent… I bet he was involved with those missing supplies left for the Resistance,” she offered.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:24 am

Niall approached, walking quickly. He was dressed sharply in his Republic uniform, and wearing protective gear meant that he only smelled a tiny bit like fish. It may have just been some Mon Calamari cologne, even.

He saluted sharply. "Sir." He said, standing at attention.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: [Day 2 - Late Morning] Poodoo rolls downhill... [Closed]

Postby Jace Malcom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 am

“Organa, we got ourselves a right kriffing mess here. Rekto, the hutt, is dead. Resistance claims he attacked one of their squads who are also all dead. This all went down by the museum last night, which is a whole different set of questions,” Jace said motioning for him to join them at the table they were all standing around.

“I have Captain Hurn heading the investigation, but I need you to work with the Resistance, find out what the kriff happened and assure them this won’t happen again. The last thing is for this to happen to one of our Mandalorian auxiliaries.”

“Questions?” he finally asked.

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Chief Po'xin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:32 am

The Chief frowned and said, “We should not jump to conclusions, but it is best we reach out to the Resistance as soon as possible. At a minimum we mourn their loss, and then we have to pick up the pieces and figure this mess out.”
Republic | Mechanic | Gruff | Venerable | Senior NCO | Besalisk

Played by Dapper Dog
Chief Po'xin

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:38 am

Niall frowned. "No questions, sir. At least, not until I've seen Captain Hurn's report."

He nodded. "In the meantime, I agree, it's best to reach out to the Resistance right away. Even before we know what's happening, it's important to let them know we're taking their complaints seriously."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:44 am

Captain Hurn nodded, “Got a squad in the area now, they should be back within the hour. Report should follow quickly. It’s a messy situation, from initial assessment the hutt was packing cryoban grenades… froze the Resistance fighters to death and then was killed in the ensuing gunfight.”

“All in all we got five dead, I ordered my folks to drop the bodies of the resistance off with their people. Rekto, will be brought here. I guess we send the body to Nar Shaddaa, this is all new to me, sir.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jace Malcom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:45 am

Jace said, “We will figure it out. Keep me posted Captain, I want a copy of that report as soon as you got it produced.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:54 am

Niall grimaced delicately. "I'll give our assurances to the Resistance, and get their side of the story. And any resulting requests they'll make."

His lips pressed together. "If I heard right, it sounded like the Hutt was involved in some other sort of trouble? Hmmm..." He frowned. "Did the Hutt have any known associates?"
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:03 am

“I am investigating, I believe he came here on a ship with a Jedi… a gand named Hamelin, if the manifest is correct,” Captain Hurn said.
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 am

Niall's brow furrowed. "That's curious. But perhaps good. I'll ask the Jedi for any impressions he had."

He turned back to Jace. "Commander. May I use the secured comms in the command tent to contact the Resistance?"
Niall Organa

Postby Jace Malcom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:11 am

"Of course," Jace replied as he turned his attention to other matters.

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:14 am

With one last salute, Niall made his way into the command tent.

Before activating the comms, Niall took a moment to straighten his uniform. That done, he powered on the device, hoping that the codes to contact the Resistance would be readily available. It never looked good to have to ask your commanding officer how something worked.
Niall Organa

Postby Yanos Kin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:19 am

A zabrak appears as a holo on the holo-communication table. He replied, “This is Resistance Actual, we read you Republic Strike Force.”
Bankor Resistance | Leader | Political | Ruthless | Spymaster | Zabrak

Played by Dapper Dog
Yanos Kin

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:24 am

Niall inclined his head; he knew that the Republic holoprojector would be good enough to pick it up. "Resistance Actual, this is Captain Niall Organa calling on behalf of the Republic Strike Force. May I know who I have the honor of addressing?"
Niall Organa

Postby Yanos Kin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:37 am

“Yanos Kin, I apologize if I am terse but my people are in mourning after four of our own were murdered by a Republic operative,” he replied calmly.

Played by Dapper Dog
Yanos Kin

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:44 am

Formally, Niall bowed; it was not a Republic tradition, but it was an Alderaanian one. "Please, there is no need to apologize to me. Instead, let me offer the Republic's deepest condolences on the loss of your people. I assure you, we are treating the matter with the utmost seriousness, and we're willing to take whatever steps are necessary to keep your people safe."

He straightened, his chin tilting up. "We are performing a complete investigation of the matter. This Hutt's connection to the Republic was not a strong one. If he had any associates, we'll find them."
Niall Organa

Postby Yanos Kin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 am

Yanos replied, “Good, I have many calling for red vengeance which will only lead to more violence. This incident was unfortunate the leader of the squad was close to my brother, they were as givak turai, blood kin, in the old tongue.”

“He feels the loss deep, but also very much believes in the Republic. What do we know of this hutt that has killed my people?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Yanos Kin

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am

Again, Niall bowed, wordless acknowledgement of the pain of Yanos and his brother.

Gently, Niall shook his head. "Not much, not yet. We know he was a mercenary. He seems to have been brought in by a Jedi. Knowing Jedi, that was probably innocent on their part, but I'll look into it."

He gave Yanos a nod. "I can keep you updated. Any new developments, and a daily report if you like."
Niall Organa

Postby Yanos Kin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:48 am

“That would be good, I am doing my best to keep my people from doing things that would make this situation worse. Between this and the stolen supplies from the Republic, the other resistance leaders are getting concerned,” Yanos said.

“We need each other if this campaign is going to work, I hope you can impress that upon you people.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Yanos Kin

Postby Hamelin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:54 am

Hamelin had heard the news of Rekto down the pipeline but was a little short on the details. So he decided to make an appearance at the camp to try to figure out what happened. He lets one of the guards know he wishes to speak to whomever may be in charge of handling this.
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:58 am

Hamelin wrote:Hamelin had heard the news of Rekto down the pipeline but was a little short on the details. So he decided to make an appearance at the camp to try to figure out what happened. He lets one of the guards know he wishes to speak to whomever may be in charge of handling this.

“Master Jedi, what can I assist you with,” a woman said as she had the guards stand down.
Dapper Dog

Postby Hamelin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:10 am

<Somerb unsem fuyred undeom> Hamelin explains his presence.
"I heard that Rekto the Hutt got killed. I wished to hear more details about it. I imagine that you may wish to compare notes with me as well?"
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 am

Hamelin wrote:<Somerb unsem fuyred undeom> Hamelin explains his presence.
"I heard that Rekto the Hutt got killed. I wished to hear more details about it. I imagine that you may wish to compare notes with me as well?"

“Actually, if you would tell me your relationship with Rekto and how you met him… leave nothing out master Jedi,” she replied sternly.

“Details on his death are need to know at the moment.”
Dapper Dog

Next
Forum Statistics