Republic Encampment

[LA2] Supply Side Economics

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 am

The meeting yesterday with Gena and Lelia still weighed heavily on his mind, as Durasay walked the yard of the camp. The added overcoat of his heavy armor flapped in the wind and misty weather, as he kept up his search. Gena had mentioned that they were running low on kolto, and hadn't been paid for their jobs for quite some time. But, he knew just where to start asking questions.

All he had to do was find the Quartermaster.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Re: [LA2] Supply Side Economics

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:03 am

Badera was present at her usual post, at the moment going through her stocks to see what she could spare for the Resistance. She was not happy, a scowl on her lips as she looked at manifests and then inspected a weapon.

She had not noticed her visitor.
Republic | NCO | Quartermaster | Tough | Veteran | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:06 am

He had found her, and Durasay stood at parade rest, his arms behind his back, his chin raised as he calmly waited, then a sly smile. "Excuse me, Quartermaster? My name is Senator Durasay Mixo, could I have a word with you? I don't want to take too much of your time."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am

“But you’re going to anyway… so have at it Senator, not like I can’t get more behind because hutts can’t keep their slimy hands off things that are not theirs,” she replied.

“How can I help you?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:11 am

Rekto... Dammit. I told you. Durasay didn't let the thought cross his features. Instead, he focused on the task at hand. "I was wondering. Would it be possible to liberate a batch of medical supplies, or requisition them, for the Resistance Forces? I spoke with a few yesterday, and they're in need of resupply. Badly." He watched her closely, his eyes focused on her face, exclusively.

"The pair I spoke with have one of the few spaceworthy ships left on planet. Perhaps we could arrange a partnership of some kind? Use them to help ferry supplies, in exchange for keeping them up in the air, and stocked with medkits and kolto. One of the two is a doctor, from what I understand. Something we know will be in high demand."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 am

“Love to Senator but Commander made it clear, Medical supplies are to be parceled out at his discretion. Right now I am limited to food stuffs and what were supposed to be refurbished weapons… but as you can see, I have to make do,” she said, agitated.

“I can offer up some basic supplies like gauze probably, the real basics… we got plenty. What I really would like is a local source for fresh food, folks are going to get real tired of the menu otherwise.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:25 am

"What are the odds on a crate of stims thrown in?" An eyebrow raised. "Well, fishing went well this morning. Plentiful waters. Should help alleviate that problem. I can speak with the smuggler and her doctor first mate again, maybe they have a line on fresh produce. I think meat, if not from the coast, is gonna get real scarce real fast." Pondering, he started pacing. Slowly, deliberately, thinking over the possibilities.

"I am sure the basics would be welcome, as a start."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:30 am

“I will see what we can spare, we have plenty but if I get overzealous now and not consider the future then I am doing no one any favors. Stims are off the table, soldiers are going through them like water. Mandalorians are pretty good shots, who knew?” she said bitterly.

“Look the best I can do is over the counter supplies, for the meds. Relieve some headaches and minor fevers, probably better than what they have… but a favor begets a favor, Senator.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:32 am

"Of course, I understand how these things go." He smiled. "What can I help you with? My skills are at your disposal." This is my life right now. I better make a chart...

Durasay Mixo

Postby Badera Varn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am

“I don’t have anything right now, I’ll just keep it in my pocket till I find something I actually need,” Badera said after a moment of thought.

Played by Dapper Dog
Badera Varn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:06 pm

"Sounds good. I will collect those supplies in a bit, and send them to the Resistance members I met up with. I'm sure they'll appreciate the start." He nodded to the woman, then looking over the gear. "And again, I happily await being able to help you in any way you need."

Durasay Mixo

Forum Statistics