Republic Encampment

A Witty Comeback (Day Two Late Afternoon)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am

It hadn't taken long to find out where SiS was located at, and while it wasn't necessarily the best place for meetings, not of the type he preferred, it would have to do, this was a military base after all. He likely cut a odd figure walking into the office space, and walking up to whoever or whatever served as a Secretary

"Excuse me, but is Princess, I mean Miss Alincot in?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: A Witty Comeback (Day Two Late Afternoon)

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:05 am

It took a few moments before Claire herself came out. "Whatever it is, I imagine it isn't good." She let out a sigh. "It hasn't even been a full two days since I've spoken to you."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:43 am

"Ha1" He laughed lightly at that. "I'm not bad news all the time Claire, you know that."

"I just came by to settle that wager we made the other day... Or are you mad because I picked a poor place?" He glanced around the room carefully, looking at anyone else who might be in here.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:45 am

Claire walked away from the SIS compound and looked back at Zanebry. "Yeah, well, I have a feeling that this is one of the many times where you are bad news."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:05 pm

He shook his head as he followed her. "It's not like I am causing any trouble Claire, I mean I've not even been on planet two full days. I might of stumbled on a potential problem or two..." He trailed off. "That's not really my fault though is it?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:09 pm

The SIS handler continued walking away from her base of operations. She eventually slowed her pace to allow him to walk along with her. "Don't tell me your feelings are hurt." A smirk flashed across her lips before she continued walking on. "You're an ill omen, Zanebry. You bring trouble for others by your very nature of hunting it out." She stopped in her tracks when she was finally satisfied with their walk. Her arms were crossed and she addressed him fully. "Now then, what did you stumble upon then?" She was not going to admit it, but she appeared to trust his intuition.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:24 pm

"Not particularly." He offered with a shrug, as he fell into step beside her. "It's just fun to pretend I get offended from time to time? It's good practice."

His lips quirked into a wry smile. "I didn't even have to hunt it out this time, not really. I mean I asked a few questions, that I didn't think people would answer but..." He shrugged and came to a halt, along with her. "Honestly it's not much, at least the first thing. It has a bit to do with that hutt that died. I saw him late last night, chatting with Senator Mixo, and not in Basic either." He reached into his pocket to pull out a pack of smokes, looking to Claire to see if she minded if he lit it. "There was only a few hours left until morning when I left the place. So what ever he did that got him killed, well he did it after that meeting with the Senator. Might be nothing, but could be something to look into."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:24 am

"If they were speaking Huttese, then that does not surprise me. The Senator has a colorful past." She took a step back and waved him off to go smoke his damn cigarette. "I'm not seeing what he would receive by hiring a Hutt of all creatures to kill a Resistance leader. Intel on that entire situation sums up to being plain nonsensical. Even you make more sense, Zanebry."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:36 pm

"I don't think the Senator hired the Hutt to kill a resistance leader, as you said it doesn't make a lick of sense. Could be that they were working together though, and the resistance leader got in the way of what they wanted. Hutt's aren't exactly known to be kind to folks who stand in their way. either way, it gives you another avenue of inquiry."

He shook his head. "Not that it matters much, my main concern is really Captain Hern."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:52 pm

"I'm not sure why a Hutt was even allowed planetside. I am not the one in charge of mercenary acquisitions, though." The woman gave a soft shrug. "Hutts usually send others to do their dirty work. I guess we got to see what happens to one that tries to do it himself."

Claire then perked a brow. "Captain Hern isn't someone I expected you to bring up. What do you have?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:49 pm

"Seems that way, though I wish it hasn't cost us so much with the resistance." Zane replied with a small frown.

"It's not much, pretty thin honestly." Z offered with a smirk. "I met a smuggler last night, the type that didn't even try to hide it, name of Jax. Personally invited here by Captain Hern." He took a slow pull from his cigarette. "Didn't think much of it, but then he said something a bit odd."

"About how people change, the timing he said it in made it sound like th Captain wasn't the same woman he remembered from their days in the military together. Add in the scuttle butt I've heard about someone planning a strike on the museum." He shrugged.

"Seems a bit suspicious, thought it wise some eyes be kept on them."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:29 pm

"We can work to repair that," she said with an uneasy smile. She had not done her part in working with the Resistance. "I heard that you even made an appearance on that reporter's show. She's going to be trouble, you know, but anyways, you're hard to miss." Claire gave him a slight smirk. "Maybe you should consider a different wardrobe if you want to be incognito on this planet."

The SIS handler shook her head. "That doesn't add up. If she was really up to something, why would she hire someone as blatant as that man?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:42 pm

"That wasn't exactly planned, go out to help some refugees and you end up all over the news." Zane replied with a shake of his head. "You may be right though, got anything in mind?"

"Why invite him here at all then?" Z said with a raised eyebrow. "He said himself that they hadn't really talked in years, and that might mean she doesn't know how blatant he is." He shook his head. "To me the worrisome part is that it doesn't make sense. Makes it something outside the norm. I don't like it when things are outside the norm."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Claire gestured to her fatigues. "I can dress more fashionably than this, Zanebry, but I don't want to stick out more than the average grunt here." She glanced up at the hat and then pointed to it for a brief moment. "That would be the first thing to go, by the way."

She pulled out her datapad and began tapping away at it. "Jax. History of insubordination, no surprise about his change in profession."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:15 am

He reached up a hand, lifting his hat from his head and looking it over. "I think you just have a thing against hats." Z replied with a shake of his head. "I do dress down though, when I need to. I think it makes me especially less noticeable that way. I mean, how many times have you seen me without my hat?"

"Makes it a even odder choice to innocently invite along to a battlefield, at least to me. From our conversation it seemed to me he didn't have much experience on them after all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:18 am

"Hm, I suppose that's a good point. Could explain how you've been keeping tabs on me if you've been stalking me all the damn time."

Claire looked at the dossier. "He is more of a pilot," she noted. She opened up a note and then smirked. "Has a heroic streak, apparently. Did some daring maneuvers as a pilot. Could be that she needs someone of those skills. However, it is not like the Republic Navy isn't here."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:45 am

"I can't keep track of the whole galaxy Claire, but there area few I try to keep tabs on. The important people mostly." He took a slow drag from his cigarette. "Take that however you will."

"Exactly, that's what makes it strange to me. There is no reason for it, not one that's really logical at least, nothing really special about him either, except he is a smuggler. But I'll look into it, if I can. Course there are some things I just don't have as quick access to. Credits statements, sudden expenses, recent tragedies, unexpected trips, or unaccounted disappearances. I could likely get them." He shrugged. "But it would be easier for you."

"Not that it's my business who you look into. I'm just reporting what I see as unusual movements."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:13 am

"Right. The hero complex." Claire rolled her eyes.

"Well, there is something 'special' about him, Zanebry. He does have marks on his records for doing well as a pilot. Being a good pilot, of course, makes smuggling a lucrative business." She shook her head. "So does subtlety, but according to you, the man has none." She then peered at her datapad and then glanced up at the man. "Seems like he has a partner. Have you met her?"
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:27 am

"Yeah briefly, her name is Azura. A bit of a hot head of a teenage girl, her and Jax are probably sleeping together." The way he said probably almost sounded like definitely.

"She seems in it for the thrills, likely to take almost any job put in front of her. Or that's the impression I got."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Claire groaned and then shook her head. "Of course that's the conclusion you come to." She then sighed and went back to business. "Well, if you are right about both of them, then I imagine they would accept any job that Captain Hurn had to give them. I have no idea what they could be doing, though."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:26 pm

"Just being honest. The girl was getting jealous of Jax just chatting with another woman, denied it immediately when i asked if they were dating though." He looked at Claire. "I might not see my little sisters often, but I know enough to at least speak passable teenage girl."

"Can't be certain, I just figured it warranted watching Claire, figured I'd tell you and maybe save us both some headaches."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:00 am

"Two people can be screwing around and not be dating too," she said with a shrug. "I don't really care beyond trying to get a profile on both of them. Speaking of which, I guess I could see if they end up having any interesting trips. They were involved in breaking the blockade, actually, if I'm not mistaken."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:21 am

"I'd appreciate that." He said with a smile. "Though I know you're not likely to keep me appraised of things even if something pops up." He added with a chuckle. "Either way, thanks for listening. If I come across anything more solid I'll let you know. And if there is someone you want me to look into let me know, I'll do what I can."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:17 am

"I have SIS operatives for such matters. We are watching, Zanebry," she said. It was partly in jest but there was venom inside her voice. "But to be honest, Zanebry, this war has seemed to attract some unsavory characters. War is profitable, after all." She shrugged. "Czerka took a heavy loss in you destroying one of their projects but the funding and insurance combined has not brought them down."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:31 am

"That it has." He said with a shake of his head, ignoring the venom in her tone. "Yeah, and I can't imagine they like me all that much." Zanebry said a light chuckle escaping his lips. "Still if I find their hands in this war, doing more horrible things. I won't hesitate to bring them down completely."

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics