Republic Encampment

Amber Moon. (Day 2 Mid Night)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:47 am

As the camo quieted, Zan found himself sitting outside, enjoying the cool evening weather. Most of the area was beaten down to the dirt, or prefabricated buildings, out there were patches of grass here and there.

Having found one he spread out a blanket it, and taken a seat, flask of whiskey close at hand. It was peaceful, mostly, as peaceful as you could hope at least with a battlefield not far off.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Amber Moon. (Day 2 Mid Night)

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:56 am

It so happened that one Mandalorian was on patrol at this time, moving quietly through the countryside, casting a long if blurred shadow in dim lights of ramshackle shelters.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:33 am

Z noticed the man, but didn't think much of it. They were well inside the perimeter of the republic encampment after all. He nodded politely in his side tion, but didn't immeadetly call out. Whoever it was seemed to be on duty after all.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:07 am

A brief ray of searchlight swept across the blanket, then turned. It looked like warring was over for some for the time being. Oddyn would linger in the area for a while, doing a regular sweep .
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:01 am

"Bad luck pulling this watch." Z called as the man passed by on another of his sweeps. "Or do you prefer these kind of hours?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

"I prefer these kinds of hours, actually. I like my afternoon naps." The man mused, closing in, having checked the quadrant. "Seems you're a night creature too."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 am

"More or less." Z agreed with a nod. "And since I'm not on the night assault I'm more or less stick waiting to see how things go." He gestured around him. "Hence the sitting around enjoying the evening air."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:21 pm

"I believe it's almost over in this region." The man stopped before the nocturnal picnic site. "What's left to account for are farewell gifts."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:45 pm

"Certanlly seems that way, but then again you never know." He shook his head. "Could be there are small skirmishes in this area for weeks to come."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:14 am

"Something the locals should be able to handle after we move out unless this intervention has already made them believe too much their problems are for someone else to solve." The Mandalorian commented. "The name's Oddyn Vizsla."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:36 am

"Zanebry Varliss." Zane replied with a easy smile. "Well, the fact that there is a resistance leads me to believe me they'll have it in hand. At least with most of the enemy forces gone. They were in pretty dire straights, but it's not like they have folded completely either."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 am

"It's just one valley, and we're talking a big planet here. Hasn't it been their point of last stand or something?" Odd mused. "Doing all the heavy lifting for them won't teach them responsibility for their own fate."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:42 am

"Likely not." Zane agreed. "But that's a pretty common thing all over the galaxy, in both the empire in the Republic." He reached into his pocket to fetch his pack of cigarettes, taking a few moments to put in in his mouth and light it. "Heck, I'd even go as far to saw that half the folks out there who think they are responsible for their own fate really aren't."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:50 am

"That may well be true. But sometimes it's just you, your gun, and the guy who wants to take lives you value. And how you act in that moment often comes from who you have been so far, a warrior or a freeloader."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:37 am

"I can't argue with that, but then I come from a family of soldiers. Not Mandolorians mind you, but soldiers nonetheless. So I can see where you're coming from. I'd rather have a blaster by my side then not in pretty much any situation."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 am

Odd nodded in appreciation. "Why I think arms deliveries to the resistance would be a better idea than this strike force. Not that I am complaining on the opportunity to have a war to fight."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:54 am

They'd tried those, though the results We rent exactly good. "Different people will see different value in different things." He offered with a shrug. "Could be they think arming the resistance won't prove much good in the long run."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:58 pm

"Certainly that would render them more dependent on prolonged stay of Republic troops on their planet." He shrugged. "Not my business in the end. Alright, it was nice talking to you. I'll do the final walkaround now and wrap up this patrol. Enjoy your picnic."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:45 am

"Have a good evening." Zanebry replied with a casual wave, letting him go about his night.

/scene

Zanebry Varliss

Forum Statistics