Republic Encampment

Need For Pew-Pew (D3, EA)

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am

A sharpshooter always needed to keep their skills polished, and Nai was no exception. It wasn't much of a shooting range, really, but it would have to do for now. At least there wasn't a risk of shooting at innocent passerbys.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader
Theme | Profile | Turtle Crew

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.
Languages: Basic, Cheun, Durese, Huttese, Mando'a

Aliit is family. It means nobody gets left behind — or forgotten
Nai'tiri Cadera

Re: Need For Pew-Pew (D3, EA)

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:34 pm

As the leader of a group of Mandalorian soldiers, Niall had extra motivation to want to keep his skills sharp. Vera already teased him for her ability to fling him around the mat in hand to hand. He wanted to make sure he at least remained a good shot.

Besides, he wanted to see what Nai'tiri could do.

Dressed in his casual Republic officer's uniform, he approached, giving her a nod. "Ms. Cadera." He said, inclining his head politely. "A pleasure to see you again."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:02 pm

"Captain, su cuy'gar," she said with her usual curt tone, giving him a glance before returning most of her attention to her weapon.

"Heard you saw action yesterday."
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Niall nodded, one eyebrow going up just a little. "Indeed. At the power plant. Mandalorians had set a series of bombs at the power plant. They were..." He frowned. "I'm not sure one could properly say they were defended by killer droids, so much as killer droids were trying to kill anyone disarming them."

He shrugged. "I had a good team. Very cool under pressure."
Niall Organa

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Nai nodded. "Kryze are showing their colors; abandoning honor and glory, using tactics below proper Mandalorians." She frowned, clipping in the energy cell with determination in her movements. "Seems most of them are scumbags. Sabine being the exception so far... a shame to be affiliated with such cowards."

"Knew Yunda is a jerk, but the others seem bad too."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Niall cleared his throat. It wasn't easy to speak in one language and think in another. He needed the practice, anyway.

"Oh, you've met Sabine? She was in the action last night too. She did very well. Advanced at just the right time to provide cover for Rav, and kept firing." He gave an approving nod. "I'm glad to have her in my unit."

Niall pulled out his own blaster, performing those same checks Nai was. He glanced at her. "Have there been any more troubles like the other day? People associating you with the enemy?"
Niall Organa

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:54 pm

"No," she shook her head. "No more trouble for me. Not sure about the others, but haven't heard about more trouble."

Nai pushed some of her dark hair behind her ear. "Sabine shows promise, but she is more outsider than Mando. Know little of our ways, but she shows willingness to learn," she smirked briefly at the captain, "you two should practice Mando'a together."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 pm

"You called for me, captain?" Chet called out. He marched up close enough with his rifle in hand to catch Nai'tiri with his eye. "Nai'tiri! You came to this battleground after all."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:20 pm

"Sabine is an interesting one." Niall said, nodding. He lifted his blaster, sighting it down-range. I would like to talk to her more." His lips quirked. "Perhaps it should be in Mando'a."

He nodded, still checking his blaster's sights. "Good. Let me know if you do." He lowered his blaster, turning back to face her. "My commander has asked me to act as the liaison between the Republic and the Crusaders. I was hoping you might be my Mandalorian counterpart."

He gave a nod to Chet, acknowledging him, but letting the two old rivals greet each other first.
Niall Organa

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Nai decided to let the matter of being his counterpart wait for now. "Chet! Su uy'gar!" She offered the young man a firm grip of hands as she closed the distance between them. "Someone need to be here to keep an eye on you, Chet," the Chiss gave him a brief grin. "Good to see you. It's been a while now?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 pm

"The captain is vigilant enough." He took the hand with a firm grip as well. "It has been a few years." He had been working with Vera as a mercenary before they had even enlisted with the Republic.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 pm

"Vera helps, too." Niall added dryly.
Niall Organa

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:14 pm

"Is he? Good," she snorted a chuckle. "He thinks he's a decent shooter and wants to test me."

Nai shook her head with some humor. "Guess we'll have to see if he has learned anything watching you and Vera."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Niall chuckled as well. "Indeed. I thought that our unit's best sharpshooter might want to see the outcome."

He glanced over at Chet, one eyebrow going up. "What do you think corporal? Is she as good as she says?"
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 pm

"If I said no, I wouldn't make it back to the barracks."
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:22 pm

"Clever man," Nai chuckled huskily.

"Pick your target, captain."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:33 am

Niall nodded. "Right. Let's see." He looked down the range, grey eyes narrowing.

Finally, he nodded to one a fair distance down the range; in fact, at the limited size available, it was about the farthest distant one. True marksmen would probably have to go outside to practice. "Perhaps that one?" He stepped back and away. "I shall give you the honor of the first shot."
Niall Organa

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:56 am

"Mm," Nai nodded, seeing the target. She wasn't going to argue if the Captain wanted to see her skills first.

Lifting up her rifle, she felt the familiar hum of the augmented barrel and she peeked through the scope. There was activity further behind the target. Some of those Republic folks were making toasts with that cheap beer... her sharp eyes could pick out the smaller targets with ease.

"Watch behind the target," the Chiss said as she took aim - her body froze in place for a breath as she squeezed the trigger, matching the timing of the drinking song to when the glasses would be raised in another toast. The bolt went through the target, through the transparisteel barrier boxing in the shooting range, and through two-three glasses of beers that ended up in a shower of cheep drink for the soldiers.

---

D3 Shooting with Captain Alderaan. Fluff. True Aim+Aim. Ranged (Heavy): 4eP+2eB+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage, 2 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:20 am

There was a short silence that followed the shot. Well, from them at least. Outside, there was a brief flurry of activity as the soldiers yelled and ducked for cover.

Finally, Niall cleared his throat. "Ah. Ummm. Well. Nice shot." He cleared his throat again. "Does your rifle perhaps have a lower power setting?" He asked, his voice faint. Goodness, she was good.

After a few moments, he shook his head, stepping up to the line. "And I'm supposed to follow that?" He asked dryly. Still, gamely he aimed carefully with a one-handed stance, sighting down his extended arm. He hit the target in the center of mass; accurate, if not exciting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluff shooting against Nai, 2 aim, accurate, long: 2eP+1eA+3eB+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
Bantha's eye negates threat. Would hit for 9 damage pierce 2
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:19 am

Chet watched them duck for cover and then sprinted over to the soldiers. "No enemy contact!" he announced with his hands waving in the air. It was, perhaps, the one time he showed any emotion beyond blank staring.
Nekoinu

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:43 am

Nai chuckled with some humor as Chet calmed down the soldiers and gave a small nod to the Captain's shot.

"Not bad, Captain. But," she gave him a look over, "too much pose."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 pm

"Too much pose?" One eyebrow cocked. "I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm not aiming like I do in the field. In those cases, I'm usually ducked behind something." Niall's lips quirked.

After a moment, he nodded. "But okay. Too much pose. Perhaps you could show me? Elaborate a bit?"
Niall Organa

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:27 am

"You shoot like you're in at the shooting range," which they were, "or an Alderaanian noble in a duel."

"So you overextend your arm." Nai pulled her own sidearm, mimicing Niall's stance. "Makes you slow to move into cover, see?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:08 am

We are in the shooting range. And I am an Alderaanian noble. He didn't say either of those things. Should he be pushing back? He didn't with Vera.

"I see." He said. "So it's not for accuracy, but for protection. Hmmm. I'll try it your way." He stepped up to the line, frowning as he mentally prepared for the unfamiliar method.

This time, he kept his arm more curved, sighting along the gun instead, his stance steady, flexible. The shot hit the target again; center of mass, as before. "Hmmm." He said, noncommittal.

---------------------------------------------

Fluff shooting roll, trying it her way: 2eP+1eA+3eD+3eB 1 success
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:21 am

Chet came back, his chest rising and falling more quickly than usual. However, his stance did not show any sign of fatigue. "Am I going to have Captain Organa as a rival marksman now?"
Nekoinu

Forum Statistics