Republic Encampment

Re: Frostbite (Day 4 Late Evening)

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:45 am

"I had to be disciplined, Mr. Varliss. Mother always said that she would be terribly disappointed if I squandered everything father and her had given me."

Nytera shook her head. "You do not need to tell me, Mr. Varliss. I must admit, though, that it is a bit intimidating. Adds to that mysterious allure you have for you." She glanced casually at his weapon. "When do you feel remorse then? Or is there never an instance for that?"
Republic | Orphaned by War | High Class | Aspiring President | Human

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:16 am

A smirk made it's way onto his lips. "My mother was more a fan of a good switching when I lacked discipline." He mused, with a shake of his head.

His was his turn to look down, as she pressed with a difficult question. "I do feel remorse, though a lot less often then I should... Usually when i unintentionally hurt someone close to me. Or, make a mistake, and they pay for it."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:44 am

"You carry many burdens then," she concluded. She shook her head. "Is that what happens due to war? Your profession, my experience?"

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:57 am

"In my experience? Yes." He offered sadly. "It's one of the reasons why I suggested we keep anything between us platonic." His lips spread in a wry smile. "You don't need to get involved with someone who is just as often the problem as the solution. Even if I try to never be the problem anymore."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 am

"Well, Mr. Varliss, I imagine you would depart after the invasion is over." She gave a small smile. "And then that would leave me without you, regardless of the 'trouble' you are."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:25 am

"That would be the other problem." He agreed a slender smile on his lips. "Though I suppose if you looked at it from a different angle, it could be called a lack of one."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:50 am

The lady laughed for a short moment and shook her head. "I have had my fair share of affairs over the years. I imagine it would be no surprise that I am a very sought after woman." Nytera signed. "It may sound naive, but I am starting to hope for more permanent... Relationship."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:26 am

"It doesn't sound naive." He laughed lightly. "I've been told quite a few times by friends and colleagues that I should do the same."

"I just can't see myself settling down yet, not until the scales are closer to even, and i don't know how long that may take." His lips curled into a wry smile. "I suppose that means I'll get to see some of the loveliest, smartest, women I've met wed to other men"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:38 am

"One might find it ironic that such a drifter would be so desirable. And yet, many men who wish to settle may never find a lady to court."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:18 am

His lips curled into a playful smirk. "I take it I'm desirable then?" He asked, unconsciously moving to close the distance between them. "That is a mystery though, and not one I'm really equipped to comment on. I've never been on that side of the fence."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 am

"You ask me this and then know you are quite desirable. Or is that another one of your ploys?" She eyed him with a mischievous glint in her eyes but then turned away. "Of course you are desirable, Mr. Varliss."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 am

"I suppose I just wanted to hear you say it." He offered softly, taking another step to finish closing the distance between them, his arms moving to wraparound her. "You were quite adamant that you'd never be interested me, if I recall."

He let one of his hands drift up, to brush her hair away from her ear, before dipping in to whisper in it. "You should likely tell me to stop,before my wants over rule my good intentions." He said softly, before planting a kiss on her neck.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 am

The woman awkwardly giggled and placed a hand on his chest. She, for all intents and purposes, did not seem too interested in pushing him away. Nor did she actually say the words. "Oh, that was two weeks ago, Mr. Varliss. People are malleable, after all."

For the kiss, though, she did give him a light tap on the shoulder to tell him to stop. "Not out in public, Mr. Varliss," she scolded him, "Terrible improper, don't you think?"

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:16 am

"I suppose you're right, outdoors has far too many prying eyes." He let his eyes seek hers. "I don't suppose you'd like to join me for a drink back at my place though." He asked his eyes dancing with a bit of mischievousness. "The night is awfully chill, and I'd hate to see you seek your bed without at least a little something to warm yourself, Miss Anacapri,"

"You'd be liable to catch a cold."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:30 am

Nytera lowered her eyes and took a step backwards. "Oh, Mr. Varliss. One night is not what I am looking for." She resettled her hair and gave him a sheepish smile. "Think about it more, please. The temptation is there for me, I swear it, but I do not wish to start something just to see it extinguished in a month." She let out a bitter laugh. "I would rather not have an expiration date lingering about."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:47 am

His lips curled into a smile. "That's likely the best decision for both of us, Miss Anacapri." He offered respectfully. "I'll be on my best behavior the next time we speak."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 am

"Your best behavior?" she echoed, mocked. The woman shook her head. "You are impossible, Mr. Varliss," she continued with a giggle.

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:05 am

He shook his head. "I've been told that more then once, Miss Anacapri." Zane replied humor evident in his voice. "I'd have you know though, I resisted the urge to kiss you at least three times during our conversation."

"On my best behavior I'm sure to make it to four, maybe even five."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:58 pm

The lady felt the place where his lips had touched her neck and smirked. "I am sure that those kisses would have been wonderful, Mr. Varliss." Her expression turned more serious as she reestablished her boundaries. "But I would rather not have my heart torn asunder. Such a fate would be bound to happen, would it not?"

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:31 pm

"There is that wisdom of yours appearing again." He replied with a soft smile. "Told you, you had more then a bit of it, Miss Anacapri."

He doffed his hat and dipped into a bow. "I should get back to work though, I've got more leads I should try and find. It's been a pleasure."

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics