Republic Encampment

Re: Captain Alderaan's Sidekick: Sergeant Darling! (D5LM Clo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:45 pm

"I think that's all for n... oh... right..."

She cleared her throat. "Uh... about that email you sent yesterday. I think I will have to pass on such... questionable activity." Lyseil wasn't sure what to think of it. As she had really not expected Niall to send her a copy of something like that.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm

The conversation seemed to take a sudden turn. Niall blinked, smiling cheerfully. "I'm sorry. Come again?" Confusion was evident in his tone. "I'm quite certain I didn't send you any emails yesterday. And certainly not any questionable ones. Perish the thought."

He cleared his throat. "Ah... just what did this questionable email suggest?" His mind began to spin, imagining what could have happened... he tilted his chin upward.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 pm

"You know... the wookies?!" she gave him a pointed look. It was so embarrassing to talk about it here in her office! What if the Commander overheard?!
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 pm

"The..." Niall's confusion melted into sudden realization, his face going first pale, then red. "From me, you said? Oh. I see. Ohhhh..." He buried his face in his hands for just a moment. I can't believe...! To her!

He straightened, swallowing. "I assure you, it wasn't me." He gestured to the console at her desk. "Would you show me this email?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 pm

"Riiiiight... So it's not some Young Men's Service Academy-prank...?" she raised an eyebrow and reached for her datapad again, quickly bringing up the message she had recieved. "Here..."

Hey everyone, sorry for the random mail, but I figured you would like to join me in this... Read up on it so we can play together!

-Niall.

Attached is a file containing a rulebook for a wookie based Rpg, as well as a link to a site.

((A clever eye will spot the address actually belongs to one Niail Organa, but with the second eye capitalized, it's hard to tell.))
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 pm

"I quite assure you, it is not." Niall said, frowning as he looked at the email. As he finished, he shook his head with a grimace. "Ah. See, it's actually from 'Niail Organa'. N-i-a-i-l. Just like the copy I got was from Jace Malcoim, with an 'i'. Very sneaky, if you don't know to look for it."

After a moment, Niall cleared his throat. "In the interest of full disclosure, I spent half an hour working on it before T7 pointed out the incongruity to me." It was important to always be honest, even in front of... whoever.

His eyes narrowed. "Wait. 'Hey everyone'? Who else did this go to? Is there a list of recipients?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 pm

"What?!" Lys took a closer look. "No way! How did I miss that?!"

Then she looked at Niall with wide-eyes. "Wait, you got a copy from the Commander?"

She poked the screen, revealing that the recipients had been: Layne Hoshin, Arali Zian, Jax Dolross, Sabine Kryze, and Lyseil Panteer.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Niall leaned a little closer, his expression darkening as he scanned the information. "Well, not actually the commander. Email faked in the same way. It told me that it had information to analyze for the war effort." He shook his head with a soft growl. "I'm glad I asked T7 for his opinion."

His grey eyes widened. "Layne? Oh, no." He pressed a palm to his forehead. "She's never going to let me hear the end of this." He chuckled, half-amused, half-dismayed. "She's going to call me Corporal Kashyyyk the next time we meet, I know it."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:04 pm

"Hah, well now I am curious who would play this prank on you! One of your Mandalorian Irregulars, maybe?" she figured soldiers liked to do that sort of thing to their commanding officer.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 am

"Maybe." Niall said. "I'm not sure it's their style." He frowned for a few moments, trying to think of who in the unit might have done it. He shook his head. "No, definitely not their style. Now, I could see them sneaking something embarrassing into my quarters, but not something like this."

He smiled, his eyes narrowing. "Perhaps I should have another chat with T7. When I was just receiving the rules, well, that's one thing. Using my name, I'd say that makes it personal."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:36 am

"Well, I'm sure your droid sidekick will help you out then. He seems like a chipper little fellow!" Lyseil smiled brightly. "Anything else I can do for you, captain?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:08 am

"That's a fair description of him, yes." Niall said.

"Ah..." Niall frowned, his forehead creasing gently. It took him a few moments, thinking rather hard about it. "Not really..."

"Oh." His expression brightened. "Perhaps when it's just the two of us, we could drop rank? Speaking for myself, I don't know that we need to be quite so formal."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:11 am

"Oh... sure, c... Niall," she nodded, chuckling a little sheepishly. "Sorry... I'm just so used to maintaining it when on the job, so to speak. I will try to remember!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:20 am

Niall chuckled softly. "Believe me, I understand. It varies with me. Vera's Vera, but I call my XO 'sergeant' except when we're very specifically off-duty."

He pursed his lips. "With you, though, it's a bit different. After all, you've already been 'that friend of my sisters', or 'the one girl from the Select Academy that I know well enough to ask to dance'." He shrugged. "I feel as though that makes things rather different, somehow."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:38 pm

"'The girl you know well enough to ask for a dance'?" She narrowed her eyes with some amusement. "Now I wonder how that makes things different...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:45 pm

"Well..." Niall chewed his lip, both as he considered, and he tried to keep from smiling. "It's a little difficult to explain. I mean... you were the only girl there I knew. And having stepped on your feet a number of times, I just feel that we're on a first-name basis.

Now he did smile, his own eyes narrowing in amusement. "At the same time, I almost wish I had the opportunity to show you how much better at it I've gotten. I'm certain I could avoid stepping on your feet now."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:11 pm

"Is..." she paused a little, then went a full stop for a few seconds to rephrase what she was about to say, "... are you asking me on a date, Niall?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:42 pm

"I..." Niall's mouth opened, then closed. He paused a moment, blinking.

He cleared his throat. "When I started speaking, I hadn't intended on it. But..." He smiled almost shyly, rubbing at his chin with one hand. "It did rather seem to come out that way, didn't it?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 pm

"It kinda did," she chuckled and shook her head with some amusement before looking at him with a teasing grin.

"I would have thought they taught you boys at the Service Academy better, no? It's like you've never done this before!" Lyseil was certainly just teasing him now. In good traditional Select Academy versus Service Academy.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:06 am

Niall found himself responding automatically to that teasing grin, giving her one of his own. One didn't go through the training he did without learning how to flirt, after all. "It's true, I have." He said. "But not someone from the Select Academy. That's an entirely new experience for me."

The smile faded, though, as he considered. Lyseil was undeniably beautiful, and smart, and charming. And had a link to his past that was as compelling as all the rest of those things.

Of course, the same could be said of Aly. Aly... What would she think about this? What did he? When he closed his eyes, he could see her face. But he wasn't sure if he saw their future. Maybe Z was right.

Niall shook his head. It was rude to keep a lady waiting, after all.

He gave a courtly bow, as befit a noble of Alderaan. "Miss Panteer, would you grant me the honor of a date?" He said. A smile played about the corners of his lips.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:15 am

Oh.

Lyseil was a bit taken aback by the courtly bow. Like she hadn't seen it properly done in a while.

GOSH!!!!

"I..." she briefly hid her smile behind her fingers, like an impromptu fan. "... I would be honored. Thank you." If you invite me for a meal in the mess hall, I will flip the table.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:54 am

"Oh." A grin briefly flashed across Niall's lips before he managed to play it cool. "Well then. We'll have to see about that then, won't we?"

He tilted his head, smiling at her. "I'm not entirely sure what opportunities for fine dining and dancing we can find. We shall have to keep an eye out." He frowned. Did he have something appropriate to wear? Perhaps he'd have to see if he could pick something up, somehow.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:09 am

"And... there's kind of the whole matter that you are my superior officer. It would be very-very bad if people started talking about that." Lyseil tutted. And then realised she was probably just as much to blame as Niall was.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 am

"Oh. Yes." Niall blinked, subsiding a little. Indeed, such things were, to varying degrees, frowned upon. Sometimes rather a lot. But, of course, they did happen.

He straightened. "I think, so long as you're not in my direct chain of command, that it should be within bounds. And so long as we maintain our professionalism." He gave her a smile. "I don't expect either of us will have a problem with that."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:26 pm

"I have full faith that a member of House Organa and a member of House Panteer can maintain professionalism in the field and while on duty," she said with certainity in her voice. "Well then! I look forward to this date, and how you will surprise me there."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics