Republic Encampment

Re: Captain Alderaan's Sidekick: Sergeant Darling! (D5LM Clo

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:35 am

"Indeed." Niall said, crossing his arms over his chest. "If there is something, then someone is quite good at keeping it hidden. Or that a great many people are involved. Which I would find even more troubling, frankly."

His lips quirked. "But not entirely hidden. There is one discrepancy that we've found. A record of delivery done by the Midnight, signed out here, and in on the Valiant Star, but no record of the work crew's signature. Someone had to unload it." His lips thinned. "My hunch is that there's a group skimming supplies. And getting people killed."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 am

"Hmmm..."

Lyseil tapped her chin in thought. "Probably more than just those two, yes-yes, but individual groups. Just like sabotage-teams. But... It sounds way too risky for a group like that to work from the outside. I hate thinking it, really-really, but someone working on the inside seems the most likely conclusion to seamlessly pull of that kind of work."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 am

"Quite right." Niall said with a sigh. "The only way that such a thing is even possible is if there's more than one person working on the inside, too. The system has multiple check on it, after all. The number of people that have to be involved is impressive. And I hate thinking it, too."

He grimaced, spreading his hands. "If we're right, of course. Right now, we have more suspicions than evidence. I don't know..." He shook his head, his grey eyes troubled.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:00 am

"Is it possible to take the Midnight crew in for a light questioning round based on the hole in the paperwork?" she asked with a tilted head, as she wasn't quite sure how to go about this matter herself. It's why she had wanted to speak with Niall about it!

"Not like an interrogation, but more like a: hey, there's some holes missing in the paperwork, we just need to clarify some things?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:06 am

Niall's brows drew down, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Perhaps." He said. "I don't know. They have proper departure and receipt signatures. If the work crew didn't sign it, that's on them. Or so they'll claim. And I don't know if I want to give them a chance to cover their tracks. Although I've been making a fair amount of noise as is, I suppose."

Perhaps subconsciously imitating her, Niall rubbed his own neck. "The work crew is supposed to get back to me with whoever actually did the unloading. If that's no one..." He shrugged. "It's a bit suggestive. But more would be good." He tilted his head, regarding you. "I'd welcome any ideas you had."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 am

"Weeeell..." judging by the way she was drawing out the word, she probably had something a little shady in mind herself. "We don't have to tell them where the fault is at first. Aaaaand, I suspect Jax could maybe be charmed a bit easier than Azura. At least from my side, since I think she has a strong dislike for anyone that isn't herself."

Her lips pressed together. "Might be too risky though. I don't know. I've never had to lead any investigations before, but I've picked up a few tricks!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:00 am

Niall waited patiently as Lyseil drew out the words, the hint of a smile on his lips.

The smile faded though, as she finished. Niall crossed his arms over his chest once more, his lips twisting this way and that, as though uncertain of the taste in his mouth.

Finally, he seemed to sort it out; his expression was thoughtfully neutral as he looked at Lyseil. "Perhaps." His lips quirked. "Tell me about these tricks of yours. Sounds like you have a plan?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:09 am

"Hm," she gave a thoughtful nod. "I'm not a tech-savvy person, but someone could sneak about the Midnight and try to download the communication-logs there? See if anyone contacted them about this drop before it was carried out, see who they might be in league with? It's risky though, since Azura or Jax might notice - either in the act or afterwards."

Lyseil crossed her arms. "Though I honestly prefer that idea than to the second one where I might try to charm more answers out of Jax. I'm not much of a femme fatale that deals with that sort of spy-stuff... Like most Alderaanians, we get the charming manners down to a T before we're adults, but I was never good at pretending."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 am

"Hmmm. That's an idea." Niall said. "I happen to know just who would be perfect for at least part of the job." He held his hand waist high. "About this high, beeps a lot. You just met him." Suggested they mate; Niall left that part out. "It is risky, though. And we'd need to have probable cause."

Niall breathed a minute sigh. "Yes." He said, giving her a smile. "I'm the same way. I'm just not any good at presenting myself as something I'm not." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well... perhaps a somewhat more polished version of myself. One must appear one's best, after all."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:23 am

Lyseil chuckled. "Don't sell yourself short, captain. You look very dashing on those posters!" her grin was perhaps a touch teasing.

"So, hmm... T7? That could work, maybe? We'd need to make sure neither of the crew would be there though... the hangar sees enough traffic so I don't think most people would worry about an astromech droid poking around. They do it all day, everyday, yes-yes?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:35 am

Niall laughed softly, shaking his head. "Oh, the posters. Speaking of presenting my best face. I'd never had a make-up person before." He made a face.

"Yes..." This time it was Niall's turn to stretch the word out. "But L-Sergeant, it's taking quite a risk to try and sneak aboard the vessel without probable cause. And I don't think we have that yet." He pursed his lips. "We could try to get it, perhaps. Make it happen."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:48 am

"Make it happen?" Lyseil raised an eyebrow. Am I supposed to conjure up evidence? Oohh... sneaksy Niall. I see what you are doing.

It was the lovely action of chain of command- where Niall was delegating the poodoo downhill.

"Yessir, I will see what I can do!" The Alderaanian snapped to attention
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

Niall blinked. He'd meant to be encouraging, partially musing to himself. He wasn't expecting her to go quite so enthusiastically along with that.

"Ah..." Niall cleared his throat. "I was intending that as a group effort, of course. Working on it together."

He smiled. "I do like the enthusiasm, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:14 pm

"Oh? Oh, of course, yes-yes!" she nodded, though was relieved that Niall hadn't just shoved it all over on her.

"What did you have in mind going forward, captain? I have a couple of plans today myself, but I can always make room in my schedules for assisting you. And T7." Huh, maybe I should get a droid companion too!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Niall's lips quirked as he nodded acknowledgment. "I'm meeting with some individuals later today to pool information and ideas. Mostly I've been working with Zanebry Varliss on this."

His expression still thoughtful, Niall leaned casually against Lyseil's desk. "I'm thinking that the best way to give information on our various conspirators would be through bait. Schedule another drop, a good one. Something that they wouldn't be able to pass up. I'm uncertain whether it would be best to seize the recovery group, or to plant tracers in the cargo." His thoughtful looked deepened.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:35 pm

"Hmmm... tracing and ambush could uncover more, but could get more than you bargained for depending on who they're meeting?" she suggested the first idea that came to her head. "I think it might be better to seize the recovery group, interrogate them and maybe take their place for the drop where we apprehend their partners in crime?"

Lyseil had never planned anyhting like this before, but she was certainly full of possible ideas!

"Mister Varliss seems very much a proper gentleman with a few tricks up his sleeve."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Niall's eyebrows went up. "That's an idea. Hmmm. But they may all be known to each other. Interrogating them could get them to flip on their co-conspirators, though." After considering a few moments, he gave her a smile and a nod. "We can brainstorm a few ideas. Perhaps... perhaps I'll send you the information on this meeting, later."

At her mention of Z, Niall's lips twitched. "You and Zane have already met, I take it?" Did the man have some sort of very limited Force ability, which allowed him to find every pretty girl Niall knew? Niall's eyes narrowed, just a tiny bit. "Did he invite you to go dancing, perchance?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm

"We met yesterday in the Rec Hall. That's when and where I met Azura too," she explained simply. "And yes-yes, he did! I never tried dancing that isn't proper ballroom dancing like we were taught at the Academy."

If she was smitten with Z after such a brief meeting, she didn't show it. "But yes-yes, let's keep in touch and think of ideas. Mister Varliss might have some idea too, if you're working with him, or T7?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 pm

"Hmmm." Niall acknowledged this first bit with a grunt. Of course he had. On the other hand, Niall's one demonstrated 'move', if it could even be called that, was asking a date to watch action movies.

He shook his head, dismissing the thoughts. "That's the only sort I know, too." Niall said. "Although I fancy I'm rather good at it."

He cleared his throat. "Ummm... right. We're all working together, yes." His lips quirked. "I'm the good cop, T7 is the bad cop, Zane is the wild card. Or so we've designated ourselves." His grey eyes glinted as he regarded her. "What will that make you, I wonder? Since you're joining the investigation."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Lyseil lifted her chin slightly with a teasing smile on her face. "From what I recall, you stepped on my feet!"

But as Niall spoke of the members of his little investigation-team, she turn thoughtful. "Oh, hmmmm!" She gave it very serious thought. "... Goshdarnit, don't the female sidekick always end up getting kidnapped?!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Niall grinned, tilting his own chin downward to match her. "Hey now." He said. "That was a long time ago. Almost ten years. A lot can change in ten years." That was certainly an understatement.

He laughed softly at her exclamation. "Not always. I've noticed a lot of the time the female sidekick gets to have it out with the female henchman in the end." His eyebrows went up. "Think you could take Azura?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Her brow furrowed in thought. "Hmm... I don't know, I passed my Firearms Training, but I've never been in a real fight. Like, not fighting someone with the intention to kill like my life depended on it."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Niall raised one hand, palm out. "Hopefully it won't come to that, at least not with these two. No cinematic battles on precarious catwalks or anything like that." Like the one in Galaxy Commando 4...

He frowned thoughtfully. "In fact, my impression of Jax was not entirely a bad one. He was helping to dig to provide water for the Resistance, and I didn't gather that he had any ulterior motivation for it. He seemed to genuinely want to help. Perhaps he could be convinced to turn the rest in, in exchange for immunity."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:32 pm

"Maybe...? It's certainly worth the diplomatic approach first!" she agreed whole-heartedly. She didn't like the idea of killing someone who might have just been used by others!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 pm

"That's generally my preference as well." Niall gave her an approving nod. "We can discuss the possibility at the meeting, perhaps." His lips quirked. "And come up with a role for you, if you haven't already picked one for yourself."

It sounded as though their business was winding down... Niall shifted, but settled back into a comfortable stance. "Everything else going okay?" He asked.
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics