Republic Encampment

Before the rainbow... [D7 EA, open]

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am

Tethys doesn't mind rain, or the thick humidity of the forest. However, she's in the minority in this regard--most of the base staff and soldiers are keeping indoors while the warm, relentless rain drenches the camp. That means every shared space is crowded, and even her own tiny room in the barracks feels stuffy with noises intruding from both sides.

With her hood pulled forward to keep the rain out of her eyes, she drifts around the large tree platform of the base until she finds a spot somewhat near the edge where a tarp staked over some supply crates provides a bit of shelter. Perching on the edge of a box, she tilts her head back for a glimpse of the greyish sky occluded by the leafy canopy. Definitely better than desert.

She lets her eyes drift half-closed and listens to the sounds of rain around her. People are still working here and there despite the weather, but the falling water mutes their noises and emphasizes the forest's sounds instead--rustling leaves and creaking branches mostly, since the Republic camp has scared away larger animals in its vicinity.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: Before the rainbow... [D7 EA, open]

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Delmi walked up to the jedi slowly while under an umbrella of sorts used that was put out for the troops to use.

"So... this like uhh... Jedi training or something?" She said as she walked within a few feet of the woman. "Guy over there on watch thought you looked suspicious. Came to check ya out. Doing any subterfuge over here today?"
Last edited by Delmi Koor on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Rekara » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:23 pm

Rekara stood out on the camp, under an opening in the trees. With the tunic back in her room, dressing only with a sports top and long pants, the Mon Cal felt the water pouring down her body, her head pulled back. "For me it's mostly remembering my planet. Every time I feel the rain, I remember my home." Replied Rekara to the question of the other woman.
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:56 am

"Subterfuge isn't really my specialty," Tethys says with a hint of amusement. "I'm just taking some pleasure in being here instead of the desert. Though if you don't care for rain, I suppose that alone might be suspicious."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:43 am

“Probably just something about these woods made him jumpy. I doubt y’all care for the monsters and disease just outside the camp as much as ya love the rain.”
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 pm

"That is true. It's a pity about the microbes." The human Jedi does indeed have a respirator mask clipped to her utility belt, though since the camp site has been rated safe from contagion she's not actually wearing it at the moment. "All else considered, though, I prefer it just the same."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:51 am

Delmi nodded, "Probably a bit more natural than the Jedi temple on Coruscant, huh? Can't say I've ever been there... but I hear the planet's a big man-made jungle."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:08 am

"It is," Tethys confirms equably. "The entire sentient population of Bankor could live in a few thousand square kilometers of Coruscant's habitable surface. But the temple is not at all jungle-like. It's very peaceful, in its over-sized way."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:48 pm

She smirked, “I’ll have to see it one day. I bet it’s a bit different than the Hutt pleasure gardens on Nar Shaddaa... which are probably the most peaceful place on the smuggler’s moon.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 am

"Visitors are usually welcome in the public areas," Tethys says with a slight smile. "Can anyone visit the Hutts' gardens? Or must you have some kind of connection?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:50 am

“Need a connection or some coin.” She replied as she leaned up against a crate.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 am

"I'm not surprised." Tethys leans back against her box, stretching out a hand outside the shelter of the tarp to catch a few fat raindrops. "Huttese government does not seem likely to be devoted to public goods."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:03 pm

"Lots of self-interested folks wherever ya go really. Hutts seem to be pretty good at it though." She said with a nod.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 am

Tethys shrugs one shoulder. "Some cultures see self-interest and collective interest as one, or at least close. And there are plenty who don't go as far to that extreme as the Selonians or Ishi Tib, but whose powerful members still see benefits to their own self-interest in providing for the rest of their societies. People are the same wherever you go has some truth to it, but there are many ways to reach the same end."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:17 pm

She tilted her head softly to the side, "I don't surmise to claim I know much about all sorts of different cultures. Jedi seem nice enough though. Not too much self interest there from what I hear."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys shrugs one shoulder. "Some cultures see self-interest and collective interest as one, or at least close. And there are plenty who don't go as far to that extreme as the Selonians or Ishi Tib, but whose powerful members still see benefits to their own self-interest in providing for the rest of their societies. People are the same wherever you go has some truth to it, but there are many ways to reach the same end."

Rekara smiled, as she recognized those words to be the essence of her own people, something she, herself, thrive to accomplish. "If you just worry for yourself, then you are your saboteur. You are making enemies of those around you. The fish bank only survives because they are all one, like my people say."
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 am

"Though as individuals, Jedi can be... idiosyncratic," Tethys puts in, lips quirking. "Not a very uniform school of fish. We do our best to help, and not do harm, but between any two of us there are times we don't have much more than that in common."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:07 pm

"Huh... my dad always had nice things to say about the jedi. Said they were pretty reliable." She remarked.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:25 am

"You mentioned your father before," Tethys notes. "He must have been a strong presence in your life."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am

She bobbed her head side to side, "Only person I spent all that much time with."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:00 am

"No schoolmates?" the Jedi asks, mildly quizzical as she looks out at the rain.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:28 pm

“Hard with no school.” She replied simply.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:57 am

Tethys quirks an eyebrow, but says nothing for a bit, leaving a silence. Maybe she's curious whether Delmi will fill it... maybe she's just listening to the rain.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:02 am

"My dad and his unit raised me growin' up. Because of my dad's name no military school would take me in. Ended up being by myself whenever he'd go on missions as a little girl... So from the time I was tiny I practiced so I could go with him one day. Went through spec ops training when I was 12 for Brentaal IV's defense corps. Joined the unit at 13. Then on my own at 14 after he died." She replied.

"So... never really had school in the traditional sense."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:14 am

"At... twelve?" Tethys casts a sidelong look at Delmi, brows drawing together slightly. "Coruscant is the only Core World I know well, but I did not know Brentaal enlisted child soldiers."
Tethys Carrack

Next
Forum Statistics